Sublimation Cure

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_20210727_125305.thumb.jpg.f179b8badb869f674e091fe48732c8f0.jpg

Here we have 2 power plant buds from the same pheno.

Bud on the right was hang dried for 13 days at a constant 62 - 65% RH & 16 - 18c, followed by a 60%RH cure for 4 weeks

Bud on the left was "Freezer - Cure" for 3 weeks in total, week 3 I pulled it out an hour each day. They were than cured in jars for anther week. 

So what I found was that bud on left seemed to keep its mass better than right bud (air dried). 

Left bud (freezer cure) also had a greener "fresher" look to it. It also a fruity "floral smell"

Smoke wise both smoked great, however I will give the "freezer cure" the point as I found the smoke was a little smoother than the "traditional cured" 

Flavour, hands down..... "freezer cure" it literally tasted like it smelled. Fruity taste. Bud on the right also had a fruity taste but not as profound and didn't have the certain floral after taste like the "freezer cure" 

IMG_20210727_125239.thumb.jpg.960e0895dcc9cb245759d0c1bbb3e165.jpg

I've done this 3 times, 2/3 times I've had great results. I will definitely try this again, however what has worked for me might not work for the next person but you will not know unless you try it. I will point out once again that it's a MUST for this to work that you do it in a "Frost-less" freezer. Normal freezer will ruin the bud which was the case in my first try. I confirm that this has worked for me atleast 👍

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CreX said:

thanks man! keen to see how long the aroma and flavour lasts once its out the freezer and jar cured for longer.

initial results have me excited as i like to taste my buds

It's something I'm keen on finding  out aswel. We ll give it anther 4 weeks and get back to it 

4 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Hmm, rather curious to try it myself but not sure my freeze is frost-free and taking it out each day for an hour is serious missions and not something I can commit to.

OK I ll have to be honest, I'm not sure I'd completely change over to curing this way, the buds do look great but I think traditional drying/curing if done the right way still ticks most boxes for a perfect bud. 

I seem to enjoy some type of flavour, I hate hay tasting buds..and ive had buds that tasted like hay before due to a bad dry.. If growers don't have means to control their drying environment and they getting low RH and high Temps throughout their drying process, it's safe to say it's probly going to taste like hay. Right? The solution would than be to try the "frost-less" freezer method. But the price on one of those, might not even be worth not having spent the money on getting the right equipment to achieve the right drying environment.... 

However I do think there's potential in this type of curing..

• Like 1