Split AC

Dr. Green

So I'm looking for some advice on what size AC I should get for a 3mx3m nutec insolated shed? 

I plan on running 2 x 315w cmh fixtures with max 880w of led. There will be a dehumidifier and circulation fans in the shed, maybe some water and air pumps too. 

Will 18000btu be too much maybe 12000btu?  I have no clue

Edited by Dr. Green

3 x 3 is not a particularly large space, however if its a shed... how much direct sun does it get?

12 000 BTU should be more than sufficient, however if you wanted to be on the safe side you could go for 18 000 BTU but I am not convinced it will be necessary. I wouldn't pay extra for 18 000 BTU in that size grow room.

I'd suggest going for an inverter AC as well. Midwall units are typically more efficient than a portable AC and I am sure a portable 12 000 BTU AC will manage in such a space.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

3 x 3 is not a particularly large space, however if its a shed... how much direct sun does it get?

12 000 BTU should be more than sufficient, however if you wanted to be on the safe side you could go for 18 000 BTU but I am not convinced it will be necessary. I wouldn't pay extra for 18 000 BTU in that size grow room.

I'd suggest going for an inverter AC as well. Midwall units are typically more efficient than a portable AC and I am sure a portable 12 000 BTU AC will manage in such a space.

Thanks i was thinking 18000btu my friend told me a 12000btu should be fine. 

This is not a sealed room I would probably run a 6inch for fresh air exchange 

It will get loads of direct sunlight 

Edited by Dr. Green

Thanks i was thinking 18000btu my friend told me a 12000btu should be fine. 

This is not a sealed room I would probably run a 6inch for fresh air exchange 
How leaky is it?
Also keep in mind you don't want to be pumping fresh air into the room and pumping the low rh, cold air out and have your ac and dehumidifier working all the time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

3mx3m... i would calculate 3 x 150mm inliners for in and 3 for out. Does the "shed" stand in the sun? Tents are popular as the tent gets the climate from the room. Hard to cook climate if you work with a single room.

Put a 2.4x2.4 inside the shed... cook inside the empty space and vent what is needed from the tent to the outside. Would be my approach. 12k btu ac should do. If.. very hot area, might need more.

• Like 1

Apparently getting an AC which is too big for a space is counter-productive, it messes with its own head, so to speak. I wouldn’t go bigger than a 12000BTU in that space, and definitely look at the Inverter type which has a much lower initial draw on power every time it kicks in. Some units are WiFi (Smart) equipped so they can be adjusted remotely. Or look at a Sensibo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2