The Dangerous Rise of Contaminated Weed (Germany)

PsyCLown

I quite enjoy watching Vice and this I found rather interesting and decided to share it with you all.

I have tried spice before, at the time did not know what it was and when I learnt about the dangers I stopped.

I must admit, I did enjoy it... quite a bit. Was very euphoric and a bit more trippy, did not make me as sleepy or tired... it was a bit moreish as well.

Since growing my own, I know exactly what I am getting. I do not think this is an issue we have here in SA at least, hopefully it is not one we end up with either... however since access to weed in SA is not that difficult and one can grow their own, I do not think and hope we will not end up with a similar issue.

Edited by Ill_Evan
Silly spelling error
  • Like 2

Every city in Germany I have been to, Northern and Southern, I have always caught a whiff of the good green somewhere or another. It appears pretty popular there and I came across a handful of hydro stores. 

I am familiar with the artificial THC, ie "Spice" which for some time (not sure now) was quite popular in the US before they legalised. Although they would just use rosemary or any herb really and just sprinkle a bit of spice over that and boom, profit. 

Crazy to think they now just spray this shit onto jutt. Wharrafuq. 

Even more of a reason to keep growing your own :-greenthumb

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

. I do not think this is an issue we have here in SA at least, hopefully it is not one we end up with either... however since access to weed in SA is not that difficult and one can grow their own

I agree, the access to cannabis in South Africa will probably mean we won’t have this Spice enter our market, but you never know. I watched that documentary on Netflix called the business of drugs that also highlighted how dangerous this can be. But the one thing you could identify it was that it was sprayed on a herb(not cannabis). This is quite worrying in Germany as you won’t be able to easily identify it

• Like 4

Morning guys, as I grew up in Germany, let me share some first hand experience.

If you got the right connections you'll get proper weed in Germany. But if you want to be on the save side you'll have to grow it yourself. I guess that's what we are all doing here in South Africa right? Anyway, it all comes down to prohibition. There used to be a time when some dealers would use additives like "brix" to add weight to the buds.

Also you get stopped and tested for drugs randomly by the police. Thhe chances you'll get stopped is high. Most of my friends lost their drivers liscense that way. It's not easy to get it back as you need to go through a psychological examination. One wrong answer and you're done. Most of these friends still haven't got their liscense back. They have lost it more than 15 years ago. Imagine what kind of impact that has on your life. But that's another story.

I used to order things from online smart shops when spice became a thing. They added a free sample of spice to one of my orders. Of course I got curious especially as it doesn't show up on the drug test (THC shows on the test even days after you've smoked. At least back then). So I gave it a try. It worked but I prefered the real stuff. A friend of mine ordered a few bags and ended up in psychotheraphy. It seriously messes up your brain chemistry.

I don't think it's going to become a very popular thing here in SA. The market is going to be oversaturated with homegrown weed pretty soon.

Prohibition is the culprit here.

My advice: Avoid consuming synthetic stuff. Stick to substances that are closely related to what we already have in our bodies. Like THC and psilocybin. I am going off topic, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Damn son, how were they testing for cannabis on the road side 15 years ago? That sounds nuts. 

Do you know how strict they are these days? 

They used little stripes which they swiped off on a sweaty part of your body. It would show any of the common drugs you get. If any of these where showing positive, the cops would take you to the station and take a blood, hair or urin sample to determine how much of the substance is still in your system. Hair would obviously show if you're a long term user and not how stoned you are. In the blood or urin sample they where not looking for the active thc, but for the degradation product, which is gone after a day or two if you are not a regular user. But when you enjoy your medicine every day the degradation product will be consistently in your blood. Sometimes even after weeks of not smoking. That's why I still get paranoid when I see a cop on the road even though over here they've got other things to take care of.

I think they are still strict in Germany, but they are heading towards some form of legalization over there too. I am afraid it will take another 10 year till legalisation and the regulation will be strict. I am not sure if they use a more sophisticated method to test for thc yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fridge said:

They used little stripes which they swiped off on a sweaty part of your body.

Wow! If our cops haven't discovered those strips in the last 15 years I hope they never do! 🤣

I think they are still strict in Germany, but they are heading towards some form of legalization over there too. I am afraid it will take another 10 year till legalisation and the regulation will be strict.

I just renewed my German passport and had plans to go over more often but the times have been tough and plans have been set back a bit 😥

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Wow! If our cops haven't discovered those strips in the last 15 years I hope they never do! 🤣

I just renewed my German passport and had plans to go over more often but the times have been tough and plans have been set back a bit 😥

I heard they got something like a breathalizer here that can detect THC? I am not sure where I heard that... But in general I think it's not too risky driving around here (apart from the common risks on the road here, hehe). I used to travel on the N2 close to Cape Town for four years and I never got stopped. I saw maaaany people driving on Fridays that where clearly intoxicated though.

I didn't know you where German @Ill_Evan? I guess one of your parents is German? Yeah, times are rough at the moment. It actually seems like it's going to be better to go to Germany in the long run. My children have been growing up here so far, but I think I owe them going to Germany as the future is uncertain here. I guess it's uncertain everywhere but the chances of a good life for my children when they are grown up are better in Germany. We plan on going in around three years when my little one is about to school. If you should come to Germany by then my doors are open man. You can pop in for a smoke of homegrown bud that hasn't been laced with anything, lol.

• Like 3

But in general I think it's not too risky driving around here

While I was visiting Cape Town about 5 years ago, I stopped at a robot and noticed on my left there were two dudes sitting at the same robot in a beat up VW Citi Golf ripping a fat foot long bong before pulling off at the green 🤣 Definitely more casual here for sure!

I didn't know you where German @Ill_Evan? I guess one of your parents is German?

Yessir, one of my parents was born in Germany and I applied and received the ancestral passport.

Yeah, times are rough at the moment. It actually seems like it's going to be better to go to Germany in the long run.

My sentiments. I have lived here in SA most of my life and I will do everything I can to make this a better place. Our political and social situation is highly unfortunate and almost feels like our politicians are deliberately trying to destroy this place. I will always want to travel back and forth to Germany but I haven't really decided whether I would full on live there permanently. Although when (or rather if) I ever had children I'd probably have them grow up in Germany for the purposes of education and professional opportunity, so I am also with you on that one. 

If you should come to Germany by then my doors are open man. You can pop in for a smoke of homegrown bud that hasn't been laced with anything, lol.

Very likely that I will take you up on this! 😁 Thank you for the offer.

• Like 3

@Ill_Evan, I really don't want to leave, but it seems like there's no way around eventually. Until then I'll do everything to do my part to make this country a better place. South Africa needs unity rather than devision.

I agree, it seems like government tries to tear this place down to "make" a "new" South Africa, that matches their ideas. I am not sure if I like that (I don't 😉 ) and it kind of worries me, as they are literally playing with peoples lives. And they are aware of it.

I am serious about the visiting part bro :).

Stay high, healthy and above things folks!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Wow, we an international forum haha. I’m half Polish with my father being Polish, however, 3 of my mother’s sisters married Germans. One of them stays in Cape Town but the other two stay in Germany, I believe in Hamburg and Frankfurt. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I've been growing pot at home for a long time and it's been good. I loved doing it and knew exactly what I was getting and what I was smoking. A year ago, my family and I decided to move to another state to live and I did not want to drag all this there. So I stopped growing pot at home and found a great alternative. On https://www.dailymarijuana.co/shop/weed-online/ I buy grass of excellent quality and the best varieties. Also, I recently learned that growing marijuana at home is harmful to the environment. Greenhouse gases are released, which are very harmful to our planet. Thus, people grow marijuana at home in inappropriate conditions and so I decided not to do it anymore.

Edited by RichardPayne
  • Like 2