CFL Micro Grow Box

Greetings fellow horticultural enthusiasts 

Tomorrow I will finally be moving to a house that allows for a grow setup.

It has been far too long since I've been enjoying my own harvest.

Here's what I've got so far:

- 1 x (450mm x 450mm x 900mm) grow box

- Far too many ideas.

Here's what I still need before anything can happen:

- 2 or 3 120 mm PC Fans

- A total of at least 200w in 2700k CFL's

- All the wiring and electronics.

My goal is simple. I medicate on about 1g a day, some days far less while other days a lot more (we all have those mates who never bring bud to a meet). I need around 90g per 12-week cycle, this setup will be perpetual, I am working on a dedicated Veg box too, but that will fall in place at a later stage.

I am seriously considering either DWC or Hempy as a means of growing, Hempy seems like the cheapest hydro route. I have yet to decide on nutes, either ECG or Nutriplex.

This whole grow is on quite the budget too, I need to be as cost efficennt as I can be.

Here's a CAD rendering of what my finished product should look like, without the lights that is.

72vyhCCm.jpg

Things I still need to figure out:

• Lighting configuration, I am really getting tired of looking for high wattage CFL's in 2700k, not a single retail store I have been to this weekend had any. I am considering buying 10 x 23w Warm White CFL's or I could order a single 200W online. I am a bit reluctant to order any parts online.
  • Which strains I want to grow, I had to chuck my seed collection a year or so ago. It is time for me to buy some again, I'm thinking of some sativa dominant hybrids and maybe a few solid old-school indicas.
  • What I will do for odor control.

Hi Smokey. Glad to hear you getting back in the game

When I first started growing I started with CFL and I remember what a pain in the arse it was to find 2700k CFL's. No general lighting shop or warehouse stocks them because nobody except growers and maybe photographers want them. That's why you'll only find them online. I remember greenshopping.co.za sold them for quite cheap but I dunno if they're still running. The only option I see is gthydro

Good Luck

Did some searching on the web, I can sort out a 250w setup from hydroponic.co.zam, but it would cost around 2k.

I am on quite the budget and I have gained a slightly larger grow box.

I plan on getting all my hydro equipment from Hydroponic considering they are here in Durbanville. Lights I will try to get at Eagle lighting tomorrow.

pYR8KPrl.jpg

Contact these guys http://starlightwholesaleelectrical.co.za/

They're based in Salt River

I got a 250w magnetic ballast MH/HPS, capacitor and ignitor for around R600 from them last year. If they don't have it they may be able to order it for you. Whatever you do, don't buy a magnetic from a hydro shop. There are places you can get it for waaaay cheaper!!!

A HPS is looking like a plan at the moment.

Contacted a mate of mine last night and he's said he can sort me out a 250w setup for around R600 which is brilliant.

He's also got some spare genetics from BC Depot so we should have a killer grow on the way.

My plan is to have this setup runnning constantly. With winter I doubt I'll have to many worries with heat. I can always make a cooled hood and take it from there.

Now just to get my damn growbox in order and get all my hydro stuff.

• 2 months later...