Indoor Led grow lights

Johnny

Hi guys

So I've been shopping around for a Led grow light for an indoor setup. 

I've narrowed it down to 2 different lights. 

1- Being a 220w Samsung LM301B QB light going for R4900 https://plantliving.co.za/products/samsung-lm301b-full-spectrum-led-grow-light-220w

2- Being the Modugrow 90w light which can be daizy chained as you expand going for R2500.https://hydroherbafrica.co.za/product/modugrow-professional-led-light-90w-full-spectrum/

My question is has anybody used either of these lights and had success? Is this a good starting point? 

Look forward to hearing from you guys! 

Cheers

• Like 2

They are both Samsung LM301 diodes, the plant living option uses the B version, and the modugrow use the H version, which are slightly more efficient. 

But 2x 90w is more expensive than one x 220w, and the H version are definitely not 40w more efficient. 

I have 2 Modugrow and they are great lights and the after service is great (I had one of my lights partially fail and they sent me a replacement within a day no questions asked) but I do agree they are expensive for the wattage and what else is available. 

Have a look at PhoenixSky from @Master_G they have some affordable good quality lights as well. 

50 minutes ago, CreX said:

They are both Samsung LM301 diodes, the plant living option uses the B version, and the modugrow use the H version, which are slightly more efficient. 

But 2x 90w is more expensive than one x 220w, and the H version are definitely not 40w more efficient. 

Hi  Crex

Thanks for the response much appreciated. I've managed to find the modugrow slightly cheaper but still coming in around the R4100 mark. So basically getting an additional 40W for about R900. 

Not sure about the qb panel but modugrow says actual wattage from the wall is 90w not sure what the 220w Qb is pulling

Just my 2c:

Notice that the 220W light only has 416 LM301B diodes, and that the XLG-240 driver is only 91% efficient, and that aluminium plate is not a particularly good heatsink. According to the specs, it's only 200W at 230VAC, though I presume that's a misprint. XLG-240 should handle 220W.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, CoolJ said:

I have 2 Modugrow and they are great lights and the after service is great (I had one of my lights partially fail and they sent me a replacement within a day no questions asked) but I do agree they are expensive for the wattage and what else is available. 

Have a look at PhoenixSky from @Master_G they have some affordable good quality lights as well. 

Yip - I can definitely assist :)

On 10/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, growopz said:

Just my 2c:

Notice that the 220W light only has 416 LM301B diodes, and that the XLG-240 driver is only 91% efficient, and that aluminium plate is not a particularly good heatsink. According to the specs, it's only 200W at 230VAC, though I presume that's a misprint. XLG-240 should handle 220W.

The Xlg is actually 93% and u can push it to 280w in a flash. The driver cuts off at 300w,  Well that’s the XLG 240 driver we use anyway that’s from meanwell. I dunno why some specs are now underrated on some of the lights.