Flushing - myth or not?

PsyCLown

So always has been a heated debate.

I have personally flushed before - with plain water and with chelated stuff such as florakleen.

I have also not flushed and I no longer flush. I feed my plants up until harvest.

I stumbled upon this video, still busy watching it but a bit of research has been done on it and so far quite interesting.

So far it seems as if there isn't much of a difference, I find it interesting though that with the terpene percentage, there certainly seems to be a trend though - could be coincidence. The longer the plant was flushed for, the lower the percentage of terpenes. However it's still a minimal difference and how noticeable it would be, unlikely I feel.

• Like 3

The highlight is that there is no statistical difference so basically whether you flush or not is entirely subjective to the user. It's kind of like those dude's that pour vodka over a specifically cut diamond because "it enhances the flavour". 

At the very least you're saving on a week or two of nutes if you do flush 🤷‍♀️

If this is the case, flushing is solely a method of rinsing out your medium in case of a nutrient lockout or incorrect feeding. 

• Like 2

Hey guys  

I flush for 2 days just to give the plants a clean drink of water.. ive noticed when doing this the drying time is shortened from 8 to 10 days to 6 to 7 days well for me anyway.. smoke was a little less harsh when smoked immediately after drying than compared to no flush.. well again I say this is how its for me anyway..

✌️

• Like 1