Three branches per node.

West Coast Vaper

Question

I can't let go of this plant. Jack Berry has been my favorite outdoor grow and smoke for a few years now and I'm down to my last plant and no seed left.
This lady has overtaken on the aroma front in the cabinet with Glamberry @Bay Seeds and the Durban Poison.
Super sticky bud and glistening frosty leaves.
I had to take 4 cuttings from the bottom to try and clone at this late stage.
Holding thumbs, like I said. Can't let go of this beauty.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

Nine and a half weeks of flowering and I decided to do the deed.
I don't have the means to check when the optimal time for harvest is so I went with average flower time and then added some.
Bud development seemed to have come to a standstill as well.
Small, sticky and super smelly is what she is.17c8a6905e6c2ece7e5453f993a00a92.jpg

• Like 2

The other day I noticed a seed developing on one of my shade house plants. Not too happy as I've worked hard to keep males out of my grows.
Then I remembered my landlady and her helper have also planted a massive grow, about 50 plants in flower at the moment. Off I went, found Alfred and took a look see at their grow looking for males.
No males as he says he pulled all males about a week ago. Damage done.

BUT

What I did also find is one off the Jack Berry that I'd given a few seeds to him to plant.

That's her next to him.94a0b6e0cd7da1929da45a2ecebd7c04.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DamDave said:

The other day I noticed a seed developing on one of my shade house plants. Not too happy as I've worked hard to keep males out of my grows.
Then I remembered my landlady and her helper have also planted a massive grow, about 50 plants in flower at the moment. Off I went, found Alfred and took a look see at their grow looking for males.
No males as he says he pulled all males about a week ago. Damage done.

BUT

What I did also find is one off the Jack Berry that I'd given a few seeds to him to plant.

That's her next to him.94a0b6e0cd7da1929da45a2ecebd7c04.jpg

Any more units to rent there bud... Would smaak a land lady that has her own grow...🤣😎

Any more units to rent there bud... Would smaak a land lady that has her own grow...
A cottage is becoming available but Sgt. Koeckermoer and his wife are moving in. He's not concerned about us, private property he says besides he loves the place and our midgets are the same age.
Got other kak to worry about. Neighboring farm has a cop with 2 attack dogs.
Feeling pretty safe lately.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 5:28 PM, DamDave said:

Hey there bud's.

Anyone come across this before. I have 3 branches instead of the usual 2 at the nodes of my Jack Berry.

If you look at the base there are 3 leaves as well.1f3a8dd8da746956d54f9698777212ca.jpg8ba482e80b4510b99170d6d0853c70e1.jpg

Hello I have a 2nd gen strain like this that keeps 3 nodes, the original had 4. This is sometimes a normal reaction to many things but in some cases can be stable, it takes time and understanding to make this happen. I'm working of the 3rd gen now. If it is fertile and keeps the traits I suggest selfing, the unfortunate pRtbis the higher male turnover and hermaphrodite tendency. I work with cannabis doctors and with some of Australia's top cannabis experts. I infact hod one now, I have pollen and seeds from it. If I can create 1 more gen,, im on the way to creating a stable line. 

On 9/14/2020 at 5:30 PM, Totemic said:

It's a common mutation called whorled phyllotaxy.

I have a 2nd generation try node strain im working on 3rd gen now. Sometimes I get 4 nodes. In my case it is not whorled phyllotaxyits a BRC mutation that makes the 3rd node dominant and recessive