Blueberry Poison indoor grow

Rob189

And so it begins. 
Seeds was planted yesterday, 1 August, in some Just Cannabis soil. Hopefully she germinates 

Using 4x cool white cfl’s and a 22W cool white led strip for veg in the meantime. 

Either going to add some extra cfl’s or slap a 150w halide over plant once she gets a bit bigger. Not sure if theres a double ended mh bulb out suitable for Veg. I do have a 3500k bulb waiting for flower. 

Here’s my little ghetto garage setup so far  

21D365AA-2129-4EAE-8D8D-08A3802D5D74.thumb.jpeg.b000f1ef829ab443427f1a9b198d40e3.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rob189 said:

And so it begins. 
Seeds was planted yesterday, 1 August, in some Just Cannabis soil. Hopefully she germinates 

Using 4x cool white cfl’s and a 22W cool white led strip for veg in the meantime. 

Either going to add some extra cfl’s or slap a 150w halide over plant once she gets a bit bigger. Not sure if theres a double ended mh bulb out suitable for Veg. I do have a 3500k bulb waiting for flower. 

Here’s my little ghetto garage setup so far  

21D365AA-2129-4EAE-8D8D-08A3802D5D74.thumb.jpeg.b000f1ef829ab443427f1a9b198d40e3.jpeg

Double ended globe? 

Sounds like CMH? I don't think you get double ended HPS or MH Bulbs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob189 said:

Ah okay, I stand corrected haha! 

Knowing what MH and HPS can do, and recently reading the double ended tubes have better colour and output, I rate it will work. 

But you should be able to get 1-3 plants under it... Four might be a push and diminished harvest might occur. 

Keen to see how it does though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob189 said:

@CreX only going to be one plant under the mh. The other 3 plants are moving outside once they get big enough

Okay cool cool! That will work very well! 

Just be careful about the outdoor... This the season for reveg changes. We'll... It will be in 2 months time when you are ready to harvest, which might throw a spanner in the works. But should be good either way

• Agree 1

On 8/3/2020 at 11:03 AM, Rob189 said:

Speaking of Veg... how long should i be vegging for? I was planning on 2 months veg

Sounds good, but we are here for you, and can assist at every step, just ask us, we are all happy to help.

Before doing my, and it would seem everyone's favorite thing, please be careful of over watering now and give it a good tew days between waterings, or again just ask here.😊

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rob189 said:

@StickyD420 thanks

yeah been very worried about the soil being too wet. 

is there a thread that explains how to top a plant properly? And how often

Pleasure brother, 

Just keep to your watering 7 days for now, dont water in between, and water at the base of the seedling. 

@TheUltimateNoob will guide you further and assist with the topping thread and advice. 

I can write it all out, but he has done a very extensive one already 🙌

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 2

If you were in the right season... You would veg your outdoor from September to January ish... You can start any time in between that window and you will have epic success... 

But... Because your Lil lady had just broken surface... It's a bit late for planning hehe. 

All good though, you can also just let her start and finish as is... No veg period. 

The yeild will be small, but it will be good. 

And you will avoid getting close to harvest, only to have her start reveging... And that could suck for your yeild. 

So this round... No veg period would be your best bet for success... But in 2 months time... Best you be planting again man😁😁😁😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@StickyD420 thanks
yeah been very worried about the soil being too wet. 

is there a thread that explains how to top a plant properly? And how often
Okay, here we go.

For topping your tree, it really depends on how your tree is growing.

My first topping is generally done around day 21 of the trees life - at this stage it has the 5th or 6th node just separating from the last.

It can be done earlier, but I try to look for when the growth of the tree is accelerating and time this with the topping so it's not always on day 21. I do this to take advantage of the natural growth spurt in hopes to aid the healing... And it works, my trees are always parked back up and growing in a few hours after being topped.

When topping, after choosing which node you want to top the tree at, cut the stem between the nodes about 2/3rds of the way up - leaving a nice chunk of stem sticking up in the middle.
This is done to provide support for the lateral branches once they pick up some weight and will prevent the main stem from splitting.

After the first topping, the newer growth should be ready for another topping in about 1-2 weeks.

You can repeat this as long as you like, to get however many colas you desire - just keep it manageable.

Here's a link to a guide on RQS if you need some visual aids, and they do mention some other stuff as well.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-marijuana-pruning-topping-vs-fimming-n621

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StickyD420 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, would the sensor keep the heat mat on till the air above the grow space is 22deg, and if so, would that not cause the heat mat to get hotter than 22deg for long periods?

Or has that sensor got a probe in the dome and soil, cant see lekker🙈

Temperature sensor is sitting in between the pots 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry @Rob189

Please bare with me, have you stuck the probe in the soil on top of the one pot, zoomed in but wasn't sure...

I've got mine sitting under the pot between the black base, same as yours, and the pots.

I was worried it might get too hot at the base if the sensors probe was on top, and hurt the root zone under, as the mats get to 30deg or more, and learning too.