Intake Filters (not to be confused with carbon filters)

Teal Smith

2 minutes ago, Teal Smith said:

...but then I am running 600W  LED Quantums, so I probs won't need such angry ventilation. 

You running HPS right?

Agh, ja bit of both hey 😅 single 250W QB in a corner and duel 400W HPS with cool tubes and a 6" exhaust and 4" intake all in a 2.4x1.2x2.05 tent. I swear I'll uniform everything soon 🤐

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Agh, ja bit of both hey 😅 single 250W QB in a corner and duel 400W HPS with cool tubes and a 6" exhaust and 4" intake all in a 2.4x1.2x2.05 tent. I swear I'll uniform everything soon 🤐

Ah ok. Noice. Hey if it works it works! You must have a good, full spectrum with the combo

Just now, Prom said:

That fits.... what you plan to put inside?

Wouldn't mind 4 x 250W QB to get lekker spread in the tent. By incorporating the ScrOG method and creating as flat of a canopy as possible, the consensus has become spread > power over time. Although 1000W of QB LED in said tent is pretty beefy regardless of the principle. 

• Agree 1

@Prom 4 x 600W. Actually they 640W each, I got the upgrade with twin drivers @ 320W each
Didn't see what outlet fan you using, with 2400w you will need to move alot of air through the tent as@Prom said.
One of the best airfiltets was those oil airfiltets from old cars, air runs over the oil and its catches everything........but you tent will smell like a refinery, could to water but that will create to much humidity again.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

I keep an eye... no, two eyes on the grow diaries 🤩

Air, i would rate you a bit on the low side. Go 8 in 8 out(or add another 6), big tent, i use 2 outs to have a less directed flow from in to out.. comes in at one side, leaves tent other side (one 6 goes out of the room with filter, other goes into another tent, vents the Gorillas right now). 2 40cm ocilating, 2 50cm directionals for general mixing... you might need 6 40 and 4 50 to keep all moving. The better your air moves, the better your plants grow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GGG said:

Didn't see what outlet fan you using, with 2400w you will need to move alot of air through the tent as@Prom said.
One of the best airfiltets was those oil airfiltets from old cars, air runs over the oil and its catches everything........but you tent will smell like a refinery, could to water but that will create to much humidity again.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

6 " in and 8" out. I saw a dude using the cone filters for cars but I reckon I'll be good with the air purification and dehumidifier inside the room, where the intake will come from. The QBs are dimmable, so that can buffer if it gets a little too hot under the covers

3 minutes ago, Prom said:

I keep an eye... no, two eyes on the grow diaries 🤩

Air, i would rate you a bit on the low side. Go 8 in 8 out(or add another 6), big tent, i use 2 outs to have a less directed flow from in to out.. comes in at one side, leaves tent other side (one 6 goes out of the room with filter, other goes into another tent, vents the Gorillas right now). 2 40cm ocilating, 2 50cm directionals for general mixing... you might need 6 40 and 4 50 to keep all moving. The better your air moves, the better your plants grow. 

Shit, really man? I do have a spare 6" that I could use, luckily... but that means I 'd have to order more ducting and a Y-splitter. I'm trying to cut out as few holes as possible for the exhaust...
I like your design of having 2 outs, so the air isn't as directional. I was going to have the air sweep across the tent diagonally.

You have planted a seed now.... 

....if I ran the 2nd 6" fan into the drying tent, wouldn't the humidity from the exhaust fuck me around while trying to dry? I'm thinking better to exhaust both out with my setup.... 

Would you say that  2 x 6" fans for the out is better than 1 x 8" on the diagonal side of the room?

Edited by Teal Smith
needed to add info

The plants in the corners will have the biggest issue. Point the directionals top down into the corners. Create a natural cyclone. When you have all running, all plant leaves need to move at one stage of the ocilation, corner plants should move all the time, otherwise the plant will not get enough co2, if just standing still.

Do you have the hanging distances for your lights?

7 minutes ago, Teal Smith said:

....if I ran the 2nd 6" fan into the drying tent, wouldn't the humidity from the exhaust fuck me around while trying to dry? I'm thinking better to exhaust both out with my setup.... 

Would you say that  2 x 6" fans for the out is better than 1 x 8" on the diagonal side of the room?

If you can use the exit in your drying tent depends on your local humidity. If you are super dry, might even help your drying process and result. If you are more on the humid side... will not help. 

I use the 2 6 also to regulate my climate. If all as should, both run. Humidity goes up, i vent out of the room only, if to dry, only in room 6 runs. The in room, now going to the gorillas, tent stands in other room, here is also the AC regulating the climate. Then flows back to the big one. Breeding tents are in the room with the AC too.