Diary Complete New Auto Grow (first attempt from seed to harvest)

Tee_Aitch_See

8 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

Grow Diary Update: 

Cocopopo Auto & Gelato Samba Auto (Bulk seed bank) - day 85

The Gelato Samba buds are appear to be much smaller and skinnier. Not sure if I messed up or if it's just the genetics. Should be a bit happier now under the new light. 

20200927_165356.jpg

20200927_170353.jpg

20200927_195455.jpg

20200927_195516.jpg

20200927_195526.jpg

20200927_195536.jpg

What new light are u packing bro?

Also. Roughly how tall would u say they are?

Edited by afternoon blazer

2 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

What new light are u packing bro?

Just a slight upgrade from the QB75 from growopz. I've got the QB130 3500k in my grow tent since Wednesday. I'll add the QB75 for the next grow so I'll be running just over 200watts or the next one. 

20200928_172309.jpg

Edited by Tee_Aitch_See
  • Like 1

Nice grow so far. Also thinking of adding more light to my grow. Will start with one QB75 and eventually get to 3. Should be a nice spread and wattage for my tent.

Re the dry dry soil. What was said earlier is correct, if its super dry then it struggles to retain and all the water runs through. So what I like to do then, is water (say if you usually water 3 litres) 0.5 litres at a time, every 5-10 min till all 3l are done. That way you are slowly saturating the soil and you will come right.

I have found with a lot of mediums if you just chuck it in, you almost see the soil 'avoid' the water like that special hydrophobic material or whatever it is you get.

Good luck with the rest, looking forward to seeing more.

From the plant you already harvested, how dense were the nugs? Looked like a lot of bud. My grow is also nearing the end. Not tooo much bud, but dense as lead.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Live Canna said:

Nice grow so far. Also thinking of adding more light to my grow. Will start with one QB75 and eventually get to 3. Should be a nice spread and wattage for my tent.

Re the dry dry soil. What was said earlier is correct, if its super dry then it struggles to retain and all the water runs through. So what I like to do then, is water (say if you usually water 3 litres) 0.5 litres at a time, every 5-10 min till all 3l are done. That way you are slowly saturating the soil and you will come right.

I have found with a lot of mediums if you just chuck it in, you almost see the soil 'avoid' the water like that special hydrophobic material or whatever it is you get.

Good luck with the rest, looking forward to seeing more.

From the plant you already harvested, how dense were the nugs? Looked like a lot of bud. My grow is also nearing the end. Not tooo much bud, but dense as lead.

Hey bru

It wasn't rock hard dense but still pretty decent. 

What I did for the soil was I lightly dropped each pot a few times and added about 2 handfuls of living soil to each. Then i did exactly that...slowly watered. After about a week or so, they were fine. 

Harvest day for the cocopopo auto and gelato samba auto is today. I'll upload some pics after the chop. They're jut finishing their dark period. 

I germinated 2 Quarter Pounder Autos and planted them on Sunday. Also using living soil medium. I'll start a new diary for those girls 

The last picture is of the previous harvest. 

20201006_050934.jpg

20201006_050938.jpg

20201006_051012.jpg

20201006_051000.jpg

20201006_050956.jpg

20200910_120758.jpg

• Like 7

The final update for this grow diary, 

Small yields but that was expected with only 75watt of lighting. 

Sour Diesel Auto = 17g (pic in previous post)

Cocopopo Auto = 19g (pic 1)

Gelato Samba Auto = 17g (pic 2) 

Total weight = 53g. So just over 0.7g per watt although the Sour Diesel started and ended 3 weeks ahead of the other 2. 

Definitely not as dense as I would want them to be but I'm expecting better results from the new grow with the addition of the QB130 to my setup. 

Thanks to all for your valuable input and advice. On to the next one. 

20201013_170512.jpg

20201013_170536.jpg

Edited by Tee_Aitch_See
typo
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Pandy said:

@Tee_Aitch_Seehey man i noticed that you dont have your drivers mounted on your light frame, do you mount then out of your tent?  Does it reduce a lot of heat?

Hey Bro, 

I keep them outside of the tent but they don't really emit that much heat. I just kept them out of the tent because the supplier I got it from recommended that I do. The 100watt driver has this open grated cover so water could get in. Thats why I keep it out of my grow space. 

Cool, I have  the  same 75w lights from growopz but I bought mine 2 years ago and the driverS put out some heat so I was thinking of mounting them outside, I think you have the revised version of the 75w  I'm sure the drivers are also upgraded. Thanks Bro

• Like 1