Marigold Pests

Hi, a bit of an odd one and sort of cannabis related. I had a marigold plant that was outside that I brought into my tent. Recently when I was pruning it I found that it had some weird little yellowish pests. Needless to say I took it out and sprayed the tent with a neem oil solution. I am worried that my other two plants may have gotten affected but so far I fan not see anything on them.

What I would like some help with is possibly identifying what they are and what DIY recommendations there are to get rid of them.

Sorry the photos are not the best quality but they are so tiny. Kind of look like worms but they do have legs.7b45ae8bcb281aac933fc3fcafd0b65b.jpgc00fafcdde412715f3410ab98bde5594.jpgb9ade23843a38525df1350f73cc0738d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update around concern for future grows in my tent. I have a chilli plant in my tent and am finding these tiny yellow pests in the flowers. I really want to leave my chilli plant in the tent. Any suggestions on some sort of fumigation that can be used in the tent with the plants in it still?

I'm planning on starting 2 new grows soon and want to make sure the tent is pest free before that.

Looked a bit closer on my cannabis plant and found some :( Used a microscope and I think they might be thrip. Does anyone have any suggestions with dealing with them in a grow tent?

I'm thinking of just tossing the plants in the tent and fumigating it before I start my new grow.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

d9969aef871c604a4bb3f304ab9b3f92.jpgabdba30990940ca6043c6b1090a3513a.jpgbbd8db1cbfce4dda45bd336d766eaf6b.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like aphids, they suck balls. Usually only occurs when bringing outside plants inside, they seldom ever find their way indoors.

I've had moderate success with Margaret Roberts Organic Insecticide when I faced these little buggers when I dabbled with chillis, but prevention is always the winner. As @CreX says, difficult to treat on flowering plants as most remedies require full foliar spray, but if you are still vegging you can use pyrol as suggested or the organic pesticide linked below.

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/margaret-roberts-organic-insecticide/

• Like 2
  • Agree 1