Harvesting a hermie?

zairek

I have a plant that went hermie very late into flower, in buds already formed, frosty and dense. She/he has unfortunately hermied with pollen sacs on the bud. At this stage, I'm doubting if the pollen is viable or if she is seded. 

Q. Is she worth harvesting and smoking? 

• Like 1

I don't see why not. Depending on how far along into flower she is, you can try and remove the pollen sacs as you find them until she is ready or just leave it and accept the fact there may be some seeds in the bud. Regardless not the end of the world and I'd certainly keep the bud and smoke it still.

I think it's safe to assume most of us have smoked a fair bit of outdoor with seeds, this will just be indoor with seeds. No issue really, maybe a bit of an inconvenience to grind but that is about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Oh yeah, was just about to say, picking out the seeds when preparing for a smoke will probably be the only down side? The difference in potency from the plant having to invest energy into seeds while flowering will most probably be unnoticable, she might put out little bit smaller buds than she would've, maybe not even, but things like that might differ. The weed is still weed, though.

How about making some extracts or something? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

Had that happen before, harvested the plant and it was a decent smoke.
Time is the issue, any risk of pollinating other ladies?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Think I'll start chopping the shemale tomorrow. If I ever get around to it I'll post a bud shot and smoke report.