White widow coming down today

Zah

Cool, thank you so much. I've been on the fence with this for ages. I've just decided to go without it because it didn't really have any advantages for me.
Would be interesting to see how yours develops

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes we just tend to try everything with the notion that we might f it up by not doing something crucial, will definitely post on the changes by thursday evening.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

Once again, well done, my dude! That's one good looking plant, besides the diodes you using, you must be doing something else right too!! She's probably chopped by now? 

One danger about the dark period is the risk of catching a mold in your buds as they love dark humid environments. Best way to avoid is to make sure the environment is super well ventilated and dry and most important that the soil is completely dry. You can basically wait till it's dry as dust and the leaves are falling off already and this kicks off the drying period also. I suggested the dark period only because of the lagging amber trichs, it seemed @Zah was looking for. Otherwise, eh.. also only done it a hand full of times and never really did much for me as I like to harvest with only about 5% amber thrichs anyway hahah. 

Was quite interesting to see that your experiment, pushing for the amber trichs with the dark and then getting them, to see how it actually worked. We will never be able to say if that's what did the trick!

• Like 1

If I can.. not always possible ^^ I put my plants into the dark for two days before harvest. Also get no water anymore and stay dry. Is more a method to shorten curing time. The plants just starts to eat them self, you see that leaves yellow rather harsh after those 2 days. If you have a mildew issue before, you do not put them in the dark for two days. Even you keep em dry and ventilated.. not helping ^^ 

I even made a test with some blue cheese autos.. if there is a difference. In a blind test, friends pointed clear out, the dark weed is smoother to smoke after the same curing time (2 weeks). Same seeds, same fertilizer, same soil, same light.. 2 plants went dark, 2 didn't.

• Like 1

Once again, well done, my dude! That's one good looking plant, besides the diodes you using, you must be doing something else right too!! She's probably chopped by now? 
One danger about the dark period is the risk of catching a mold in your buds as they love dark humid environments. Best way to avoid is to make sure the environment is super well ventilated and dry and most important that the soil is completely dry. You can basically wait till it's dry as dust and the leaves are falling off already and this kicks off the drying period also. I suggested the dark period only because of the lagging amber trichs, it seemed @Zah was looking for. Otherwise, eh.. also only done it a hand full of times and never really did much for me as I like to harvest with only about 5% amber thrichs anyway hahah. 
Was quite interesting to see that your experiment, pushing for the amber trichs with the dark and then getting them, to see how it actually worked. We will never be able to say if that's what did the trick!

Shot brother, I am very pleased with the way my first grow came out, honestly I ddnt do much besides the basics like ph and plant training so for the next grow I will just follow the same, should be able to start trimming in a few days time and thereafter get the final yield, will jar those babies up and let them cure. The white widow has been curing for almost 3 weeks now and she smells stronger and stronger by the day, will have a proper smoke in about 3 weeks or so and she would have been curing for about 5/6weeks....cant wait...

If I can.. not always possible ^^ I put my plants into the dark for two days before harvest. Also get no water anymore and stay dry. Is more a method to shorten curing time. The plants just starts to eat them self, you see that leaves yellow rather harsh after those 2 days. If you have a mildew issue before, you do not put them in the dark for two days. Even you keep em dry and ventilated.. not helping ^^ 
I even made a test with some blue cheese autos.. if there is a difference. In a blind test, friends pointed clear out, the dark weed is smoother to smoke after the same curing time (2 weeks). Same seeds, same fertilizer, same soil, same light.. 2 plants went dark, 2 didn't.
Shot for the info, I havent tried not having a dark period but perhaps I will try it on the next grow

So I finally harvested and trimmed the big bud( took me 8 hours to trim) and these buds look way better than that of the white widow, unfortunately some of the larger colas developed some bud rot and this was definitely due to the heavy rain we had last week but nevertheless it was only 2 of the large coals, I picked up the issue early enough to not let alot of bud go to waste, after noticing the rot I broke up the bigger colas, decided I rather have small buds than no buds. The buds are so so dense that they can break a window if thrown hard enough lol and covered with Crystals even more than the white widow.
Believe it or not the yield came out at 240g after discarding the 2 massive colas that had rot, I purchased 3 950ml mason jars that wasnt enough for the yield.
Pleased with the total yield of 340g using 144watts which gave me a yield of 2.36g/w. Buds have a strong fruity aroma and look pretty good. b76e9e93841518292a841b0137bd3bb9.jpg3f926a18fab936434864e62f2ebbd956.jpgef77ddd4c80bebdbde8867de29de3c90.jpga5c1e537d507faf4fc57a435f0f69f93.jpg856ebc4ff19f8393b7d60fbe0fad1cf4.jpgf1c763b323540bec4b0d7c8368f4ad79.jpg

• Like 3

Those are some colourfull buds my man hahah wow, what diodes are those again on the LED you running there? 2.36g/W is a fucking amazing harvest!! Hats off to you!

Have you started another grow yet?
Sup Naughty, yeah I'm very very happy with the way things turned out and very very happy with the yield! The diodes are thoses samsung lm561 diodes, I believe it's the same diodes that are used on those quantum boards if I'm not mistaken, running them at 1050a and then dont get too hot at all.

Anyway....embarrassingly enough I did start my next grow prematurely and the big bud wasnt done in the cupboard therefore I tried to keep the plants(blueberry auto) in the biltong box that doubles as an incubator and drying box lol which failed dismally, they started to flower prematurely and I tossed them in the bin :(

I have now begun to germinate 1 guerilla glue seed and 1 dark devil (want to grow some purple flowers) both autos from bulk seed bank. Placed both seeds in jiffys this morning hopefully they should be peeking out from by the time I get home

Cool. I've got a dark devil auto lined up for my next grow. 
Awesome stuff, will keep you posted on how she comes out, was hoping that she would be peeking out of that jiffy but unfortunately not yet, hopefully by tomoro...

Awesome! You like autos? I haven't tried them, but should get the handle on these photos first hahah I feel like I might mess up with autos still.
Did you build the led yourself? 
I wish I had multiple rooms so I can pop seeds, make clones and veg and flower all at once. Will get there!
I guess the quicker crop time is the reason as to why I go with autos but I might try some photos in the future.

I did indeed build that light myself with parts that I got from DigiKey costed me a total of around R2500 including custom fees, that driver still has enough juice to power 2 more strips which unfortunately would not have fitted in my space since I only have half a square meter (50x100), might add those when I get my own place and have more space to grow but I dont think its necessary since my usage is around 50g a month so I need to hit 200g to sustain my needs which I have attained.