Quoting Issues With New Editor

420SA

Hi Folks

This new editor has a couple of bugs that I have been made aware of and noticed. 

One of them is the issue where the cursor is hard to get out of a quote box when you include a quote in your post. The fix is to place your cursor at the bottom of the quote and the use the Down Arrow key on your keyboard to get out of the quote box.

This editor is a mod by an external developer so I have to depend on him to provide the fixes. 

Sorry about any inconvenience caused. I'm sure this issue will be resolved soon enough.

:-peace

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks

This new editor has a couple of bugs that I have been made aware of and noticed.

One of them is the issue where the cursor is hard to get out of a quote box when you include a quote in your post. The fix is to place your cursor at the bottom of the quote and the use the Down Arrow key on your keyboard to get out of the quote box.

This editor is a mod by an external developer so I have to depend on him to provide the fixes.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused. I'm sure this issue will be resolved soon enough.

I'm still having issues with moving the cursor out of the quote box. Sometimes the down arrow key works sometimes the right arrow key works but never consistent.

Hi Folks

I'm still having issues with moving the cursor out of the quote box. Sometimes the down arrow key works sometimes the right arrow key works but never consistent.

What browser do you use SSA?

Hi Folks

I'm still having issues with moving the cursor out of the quote box. Sometimes the down arrow key works sometimes the right arrow key works but never consistent.

Same issue on my end, using Chrome.

Hi Folks

Edge & Explorer

Hi Folks

Edge & Explorer

I prefer using Tor browser on my pc and Orbot for Android from a paranoid point of view :)

Both working fine (Tor browser can't reply to private messages though)

Hi Folks

Edge & Explorer

I prefer using Tor browser on my pc and Orbot for Android from a paranoid point of view :)

Both working fine (Tor browser can't reply to private messages though)

lol, Tor browser... what are you up to? :P

Hi Folks

Edge & Explorer

There are actually 2 tricks to solving this issue which should consistently get you out the quote box. Place your cursor in the quote box and press either the Down Arrow or Right Arrow twice

Another way is to press backspace (which will take you to the previous line) and then you can actually place the cursor outside the box with your mouse, or down key