CreX Aurora Kush

CreX

• 2 weeks later...

They have grown a bit since the last update and will need to be spread out in the coming weeks... Maybe even repot some into their next homes😁

I had a bit of an over watering issue, but they have since come right... Over watering and or light stress as the light was pretty close. 

The 8 around the missing center. 

IMG_20200103_233810.jpg

• Like 3

I'm pretty new to soil and coco meduims, like a few months at best really... I'm not used to this whole... Watering thing... So I think I did go a bit overboard with the watering. 

And the light was just too close... Nodes were starting to get really tight.... And I'm not a fan of tight nodes... Makes it so hard to get in where you need to be

1 hour ago, CreX said:

I'm pretty new to soil and coco meduims, like a few months at best really... I'm not used to this whole... Watering thing... So I think I did go a bit overboard with the watering. 

And the light was just too close... Nodes were starting to get really tight.... And I'm not a fan of tight nodes... Makes it so hard to get in where you need to be

The best thing about working with something new is after a couple mistakes you just get better.

I'm also not a fan of tight nodes in veg. I like things to stretch out after germination till flip. Makes lollipoping and cleaning out future larfie branches less tedious. Thereafter I drop the lights to get the tops to grow tight nodes so I get bigger buds.

• Agree 2

I'm very excited for this strain... The mom was an amazing beauty with all the perks, and none of the quirks. 

Seriously the densest bud iv ever grown... The indoor bud would seriously rival Lego blocks... 

I could squeeze a bud between my fingers until my fingers when white and the bud wouldn't budge. 

Grind that shit up though and puff.... Interplanetary galactic shit I swear. 

These ladies have been crosses with a Dutch Passion Blueberry plant, so I'm quite keen to see what I get... 

If only half of the mom comes through, it will be another legendary smoke that will bring peace to this world.

Very excited 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so small update... I have stripped most of the big leaves off and I have topped all of them. 

I am trying to encourage the 4 main colas this way and so far so good

I am okay with them potentially growing slower due to this as I actually have no space for them... So here they are! 

IMG_20200113_230439.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Nice! Now wait until they show sex so you can cull the ones you don't want?

Yup, pretty much... 

Although, it will still be quite some time before they go to flower... Might have enough time to take cuttings and flip the cuttings and see. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lol and that's just what I have done! 

Out of the 8, 4 are female

Of those 4, 2 are looking proper 

Of those 2, 1 has my attention. 

They are back in veg now doing the things. 

No pics at the moment, my veg area is a jungle that I'm unable to tame right now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

And this is where I will pick up where I left off! 

Since the last update, my flower area is harvested and restacked, my veg area is barren and I have a few small ladies in the cloning station getting ready for transplant. 

I managed to find some homes for some of the plants, and one of the 4 Aurora Kush babies has found a home in @PsyCLown tent.

The remaining 3 are in the flowering tent now and have been pulling out some magic. 

I have gone with large 160l totes for buckets and one has soil and the other has coco. So far, they are about the same... Coco dries out faster. 

Here's a few pics of everything in the tent now. 

The Aurora Kush ladies are in the front, and I'll introduce the others gradually. 

I put them into the flower tent and let them settle nicely into their new homes by keeping them in veg for some time... I think 4 weeks more, or 3....cant remember... But the growth was much.

Iv upped the wattage on the lights to about 75% which puts me around 370w.

Id like to add an extra light panel or 2 for better coverage. But it's okay for now

So here are pics from the transplant... The scrog... The trellis, and the start of flowering. 

IMG_20200402_234214.jpg

IMG_20200402_234046.jpg

• Like 5

And then onto the stretch! 

Neatened her undercarriage completely. 

Compare to original stems from transplant day. 

Tallest Cola seems to be topping out at 1.8m from the floor and the rest are averaging between 1.6and 1.7

IMG_20200506_191531.jpg

IMG_20200512_204154.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So my Aurora Kush has also stretched a bit but the cola's are pretty big and stacking VERY nicely actually.

I am worried it may take a bit of time to fully mature, will wait and see I guess. She was not looking very pleasing a few weeks ago but has caught up now with size and looks super impressive.

Frost is lacking a bit, more along the lines of your normal run of the mill strains but shall see what the potency is like once dried and cured 😄 

• Thanks 1

Awesome!! Glad to hear she's filling out haha... I don't remember her mom being a late flowerer... I harvested my outdoor at 67 days.. So being indoor you might get a week off that if she allows it😋

And smell? 

Thanks for the feedback! 

• 3 weeks later...