Picking the right grow tent

Bakstein420

Calling all indoor growers that house their ladies in a grow tent. I'm in the market for a tent and wondering which would best suit my needs. There is an abundance of options available with regards to size, number of vents/ports, spill tray etc.

I want to hear what factors influenced your decision to buy the tent you are currently using?

Are you happy with your purchase or wish you had bought something else?

Anything else you can add to the subject of grow tents?

I am leaning towards a 60x120 tent for 2 plants. I see companies advertise 100x100 tents can do 4 plants but I feel that would get very cramped with some LST? 

I currently have 1 plant in a 70x55 grow area and space is becoming an issue.

Looking for advice on purchasing the right tent first time.

So I have 2x Secret Jardin tents.

The first tent I purchased I chose it due to the size, I needed something which would fit in a specific space.

The second one, I went with the option due to value for money - I felt it was the better option.

The reason I went with Secret Jardin is because I did not want to fork out money on a tent only to be plagued by issues such as light leaks through the zip (very common) or pin sized holes in the material (GT Hydro tents) and I did not want to have issues with poorly built tents (had an incident where a friend has the poles in his cheaper tent which we thought was decent quality fold in and end up taking his entire tent down and majority of his grow with it - the joints on the metal corners appear to have been done poorly).

Secret Jardin also have some nice accessories for some of their tents, although I know they are not the cheapest I really enjoy mine and find the way they have designed it to be excellent... hence why I purchased a 2nd Secret Jardin.

As for space, when growing space is always an issue. So go as big as you are able to would be my advice. I have a 3rd cheap tent which is 80 x 80 x 160 which I use for drying and STS plants and 2 plants can comfortably fit inside there, at a push 4 plants.

100 x 100 would be better for 4 plants but it also depends how big your want the plants and how you train them etc. etc.

To sum it up, go for a tent as large as you can comfortably fit inside your space and it is worth spending a bit more on a quality tent to avoid headaches and frustration in the future.

• Like 2

I have 2 x GTH tents. Look, off the bat, the plastic zips are not great, but they last if you work gently. First tent I bought was a 120/70/165. Poor training can pose height challenges, but I was growing under 400W HID at the time, so the 160cm was more 110cm. You'll comfortably grow out 2 plants in this size tent. I did 6 plants in it during winter when I didn't need to add the AC

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have 3 secret jardin tents, DR90, DP60 and a DS120. 

I am very happy with them and I would strongly recommend getting a secret jardin tent from the DS range. The DS tents basically comes sealed with one intake and one extraction flange setup that you chose where you want to install them. It has a space booster which prevents the tents sides being sucked in and also comes with other accessories such as a scrog net, clips for your wiring and a pouch. Best part is that the intake setups comes with a light baffle so no light can enter your tent through the intake vent. 

You can buy more intakes and flanges and they are very well price should you want more. I got mine from grohydro.co.za. 

Goodluck it's a tough choice but I believe I made the right choice with secret jardin. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I agree with @Dr. Green my one Secret Jardin is a DS (Dark Street) and I absolutely love the light baffles and the space saver is pretty awesome too - but you can always make your own make-do space saver with some aluminium.

I have not had any issues with the plastic corners, majority of tents seem to come with plastic corners - Mammoth tents too.

I have only seen the cheaper chinese tents come with metal corners, as mentioned previously this was poorly welded and lead to my friend losing a tent and his entire grow. His 2nd cheap chinese tent has some cracks in his metal corner connector pieces although is still up and function for now - he will most likely replace it with a Secret Jardin or Mammoth next year.

My 2nd Secret Jardin tent is a Hydro Shoot tent, I went with it over the Dark Street as the DS had the same sized tent with 16mm poles where the HS has 19mm poles and since it is a larger tent I prefer the idea of the 19mm poles.

This being said I have purchased the light baffles separably and will be using them for passive air intake as I love the design and thought behind it.

The Dark Street series are far more customizable and I wish Secret Jardin made all their other tents in the same way - brilliant idea and concept and it works well!

I also got my Secret Jardin tents from GroHydro, they also have the light baffles and other accessories.