The ultimate stealth grow?

SmokeyTheBear

Ahoy folks

As many of you know it's the dry season and it's becoming very difficult to find well priced "indoor", all I have come across is popcorn buds at R180 a gram. So I have decided it's about time I begin growing again.

The only issue being that I'm in a house with a few mates, I would prefer it if no one knew of this grow. So I am in search of the ultimate stealth micro grow idea.

I've been brainstorming, some of my options are that I build a large biltong dryer and have a secret compartment which will house the grow. I am looking for any ideas that might help conceal this grow.

What do you guys think?

Guest grunterfish86

Ahoy smokey, would love to give you some ideas but I'm spinning out myself with my setup hahaha

What I do know is you need some pretty mad carpenty skills,  the space to build and the right tools to get it done proper. I built myself a prop cab and just trying to get it light proof is a mission haha I'm no carpenter tho and banged it up in my lounge on the floor.

Have you looked into the whole PC case thing ? That to me seems the most stealthy, but u not gonna get the biggest plants?

Im busy with a super stealth DIY...so my idea is to use a bedside cabinet. The trick with the heat is the board seperating the draw from the bottom section to be removed and replaced with glass than basically mylar the inside, holes for fans etc. A few small holes in the back of the draw for heat to escape. The plan is to run a 85w cfl in cabinet for veg than for flowering to add a 70watt hps(street lamp) which would be in the top draw heat blocked by the glass and to add 1 of hydroherb led trays i think its a 15watt for like R550 and attached to the inside side board of the cabinet ..obviously with custom reflectors.  This is just a idea lol opinions please

uploadfromtaptalk1424231815742.jpg.57656d66667f69ebf638ce04edff9964.jpg

Guest Maxwell

Im busy with a super stealth DIY...so my idea is to use a bedside cabinet. The trick with the heat is the board seperating the draw from the bottom section to be removed and replaced with glass than basically mylar the inside, holes for fans etc. A few small holes in the back of the draw for heat to escape. The plan is to run a 85w cfl in cabinet for veg than for flowering to add a 70watt hps(street lamp) which would be in the top draw heat blocked by the glass and to add 1 of hydroherb led trays i think its a 15watt for like R550 and attached to the inside side board of the cabinet ..obviously with custom reflectors.  This is just a idea lol opinions please

Ditch the LED. One 70w hps is perfect for that size...

• 1 month later...

Ditch the LED. One 70w hps is perfect for that size...

[/img] ok im trying to finish my stealth box...is it better to veg under a 70watt hps, 85watt/105watt CFL or do you get 70watt/100watt  metal halide?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok  im 90% done iv got 85cfl in the draw going to switch to 70-100watt HPS(streetlamp)for flowering temps were rather low because i have a glass seperating the draw from the bottom section. Room temp 20°  when i add a exhaust i lose 2° so i have no exhaust just a intake running. Temps go to 24°  58 humidity im not using a USB fan inside because its a stealth grow sound is more of a worry than smell so im using another PC fan for air circulation. POofing some chocolope kush dam i love this medi. Faya burn!!

uploadfromtaptalk1428304771246.thumb.jpg.6d457c7c0e1982e4338a345f0436b4ca.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428304807479.thumb.jpg.db6133794a8423dae5f47f4c7af279c1.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428304868053.thumb.jpg.6aabd89e186bcb410e0f785c9fc68910.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428304931075.thumb.jpg.c9b19d577a022b09cb67caf0ffb4d656.jpg

Yes its a 1 wire connection lol its more for show. It will be off for flowering i might just use it as a veg/clone Cab tho but it runs nice 1 problem tho im using litre pots it seems the depth of the pot is to short for my PH/ moisture pen to get a reading or my pen is fokt lol

:-2cents 

Big buds = big roots. While I understand it's a stealth grow, 5l of medium sounds better already, but is still small. I don't really do stealth growing, but have seen through the years that many guys use other items as pots. Flat tupperware etc, just to get as much root volume as possible.

Otherwise can't wait to see the grow as it progresses. :-puffin