Nutrient advise

GGG

Yellow grewnies

Done 3 indoor grows and last 2 I played around with different nutrients, Green House Powder and now Floracoco. I mainly use rainwater Ppm 40 on 0,7 scale, I bump PPM up to 210-250 with Hori Mix calsium magnesium and then add powder feeding and settle PH at 5,8 in flower BUT after 3 weeks fan leaves at bottom, then move up, get yellow spots and then go brown and brittle.

Floracoco seems to do the same. With floracoco packaging suggests to 1st do ph then add the liquid, but that changes the PH again.

When I doodle the yellow spots it can be potash/phos def or magnesium toxidity.

I grow in FF formula 1, any help will be greatly appreciated

Pic of leaves and then my beautifull White Widow that pulled through.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Can't see the pics, although it could just be the leaves dieing as they're getting old and not as much light?
The girls pulled through tho, but would like to not have this and maybe there will be more ThrichsScreenshot_20191106-223717.jpg

• Like 3

After they turned yellow I tried to foilar with Phyta for the PK when I thought that it was a deficiency, and besides the droplet here and there no spillage of nutrient rich water on leaves. Maybe with the Green House Powder u shouldn't use the Horti calsium/magnesium and just the Calsium of Green House Powder 

EC is at 1,4-1,9 and haven't seen any leave tip burns, had a previous grow on 2,5 EC for just over a week and then only did it started to burn the tips, I feed daily or when temps is lower and the 15L pots still have abit of weight every second day with 25+% runoff when I thought it might have been salt buildup that caused that

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GGG said:

After they turned yellow I tried to foilar with Phyta for the PK when I thought that it was a deficiency, and besides the droplet here and there no spillage of nutrient rich water on leaves. Maybe with the Green House Powder u shouldn't use the Horti calsium/magnesium and just the Calsium of Green House Powder 

Hi GGG.

I use floracoco nutes, but I use them in coco. The thing with floracoco is it's supposed to have enough calcium and magnesium that it doesn't need supplementation. It's fine for veg but when it comes to flower when we cut back on the grow part which contains the calcium, straight away there is not enough calcium in solution. 

So before you add any supplementation there is already more N then required in flowering. By using hortimix calmag you are increasing that N ratio and also hortimix calmag is not chellated so it locks with the extra phosphorus from the bloom part b. This whole dillema causes Ph swings and throws the ec off.

So this is what I've found works. Epsom salts 1st, then chellated calcium from greenhouse feeding, chellated iron from builders and then part A. Mix reservoir for at least 5 mins and then add part b. And then MKP. Lastly Ph and feed.

Fault finding would be to check ph and ec of runoff compared to what you putting in. You not suffering a deficiency, it's a lockout. Hope this helps.

When your nutes are finished go to floraseries 3 part. Just the micro and bloom. It's easier to use and hortimix calmag works with it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Aaah, Heya Mamb, the part A&B you referring to is from Horti or GHE flora coco? I have done the 3 part in a RDWC and had no issues .... Wonder why I changed hey ..
So you do per liter or gallon and you EC the below in what values if I may have your secret
Epson
GHPF Calsium
Chelated iron ( also used with RDWC and not anymore )
Part A /floracoco Grow
Part B/floracoco Bloom
MPK
Thank for chipping in with advise guys, hugely appreciated

18 minutes ago, GGG said:

Aaah, Heya Mamb, the part A&B you referring to is from Horti or GHE flora coco? I have done the 3 part in a RDWC and had no issues emoji848.png.... Wonder why I changed hey emoji28.png..
So you do per liter or gallon and you EC the below in what values if I may have your secret emoji6.png
Epson
GHPF Calsium
Chelated iron ( also used with RDWC and not anymore emoji19.png)
Part A /floracoco Grow
Part B/floracoco Bloom
MPK
Thank for chipping in with advise guys, hugely appreciated

Yeah I was referring to the GH floracoco. I know they actually called grow and bloom. Guess cos I've used almost all available Nutes and got use to calling them Part A and B.

I've found that their dosing chart doesn't give you their stated target EC. I eventually stopped referring to their charts and just did

2:1 Grow:Bloom in veg 450ppm-750ppm early veg to full on veg.

1:2 Grow:Bloom in flower 800ppm-1000ppm day1 flower to flush.

I don't measure how much I put in of each. I just pour and use a tds meter to know how much. The bloom can be deceiving at times at how it increases the ec.

The best advice is next time buy only flora micro and flora bloom. Calcium Nitrate from hortimix. I buy the 25kg calcium nitrate at the local nursery for 250. Same exact thing. Then Epsom salts and MKP. GHFC calcium gets expensive quickly but it works. Just know all this is specifically for coco. You going to have to tweak it a bit for your medium.

IMG_20191128_131609.jpg

With dosing. I prefer using tap water. Our water quality is good. 120ppm out the tap. In order:

Epsom salts 0.5g-1g/ltr veg to flower +-80ppm. Late flower 1.5g/ltr to boost the sulphur.

Calcium Nitrate 1.5g/ltr +-200ppm

Iron(flower only) I use like 10g in my 200ltr reservoir.

I'm usually at around 400ppm at this point including the start water ec.

Then I dose the base Nutes to my target ec according to the ratios I gave in previous message.

When in flower I would then add +-70ppm of MKP.

And then the last thing is to set ph. I check final ec and note it down. Then randomly between feeds I would check runoff ph and ec.

• Like 1

Brilliant and cheers for info Mamba ,
Is your ppm reading on the 500 or 700 scale, I'm never sure who uses what? Im going into flower the weekend and will def give this a go.
You use MPK rather that the Booster or Ripen right?

4 minutes ago, GGG said:

Brilliant and cheers for info Mamba emoji120.pngemoji2936.png,
Is your ppm reading on the 500 or 700 scale, I'm never sure who uses what? Im going into flower the weekend and will def give this a go.

Another reason why it's easier to just use EC instead.

The nute manufacturers use EC anyways and majority of people now a days use EC.

5 minutes ago, GGG said:

Brilliant and cheers for info Mamba emoji120.pngemoji2936.png,

500 scale is kind of the standard especially with GH products. It all depends on what tds tester you have. So it's better to talk in ppms cos it's the same thing across both scales. Just some math's required. Booster is definitely better than MKP. MKP is just the cheapest way to supplement P and K. It doesn't have any amino acids, fulvic acids, etc. Ripen is only used at the end before flush to assist those trichs in ripening. It is not compulsory. But because it's relatively cheap it's a good addition. I use nothing after day 50-55 (depends on what the plants are showing me). Just flush the medium with florakleen and then plain water till harvest.

Cool yeah I used to work on 700 scale and then noticed with other and their ppm that it's 500 so I'm now on EC, but now it's in my head 700 and 500 are both 1 EC. I bring my EC down from 1,5 to 1 to 0,5 in 2 weeks and then flush plain pH for last week. Trying the Just Cannabis medium now and it's suppose to last from veg to end of flower, but will have my flower nutes close by middle of flowering.
. Heat hectic in WC last week and I can't do anything more to cool down, aircon to expensive and not sure if 3-4 normal electricity raises red flags or dont they mind cause the make more money.
I'm going to try your suggestions and tweek where needed

4 hours ago, GGG said:

Cool yeah I used to work on 700 scale and then noticed with other and their ppm that it's 500 so I'm now on EC, but now it's in my head 700 and 500 are both 1 EC. I bring my EC down from 1,5 to 1 to 0,5 in 2 weeks and then flush plain pH for last week. Trying the Just Cannabis medium now and it's suppose to last from veg to end of flower, but will have my flower nutes close by middle of flowering.
. Heat hectic in WC last week and I can't do anything more to cool down, aircon to expensive and not sure if 3-4 normal electricity raises red flags or dont they mind cause the make more money.
I'm going to try your suggestions and tweek where needed

Can see you got some good practices and you like smoking weed with no Nutes in it. 

Keep us updated on how that Just cannabis medium works. I want to eventually grow organically cos I think I think long term it could be the more cost effective way to grow and it requires less frequent watering.

I wouldn't worry about raising red flags. As long as you don't deal, you can stand for your right to grow. I actually want to go to the cop shop oneday and ask them how I'm supposed to protect my grow so I don't ever get busted for something I'm not doing. Hope you find a way to keep the temps down... before I bought an ac I used to run intake and exhaust fans on full speed and aircooled hoods, it was always a battle but the plants grew and rewarded me.

Also think organic is more efficient if you take money and time spend in to consideration. I have QB's lights and they run abit cooler as I understand, started with them so don't know how it compares to HPS, but they still heat up the room, going to replace my exhaust fan to bigger one and hopefully it helps abit.
How and what Coco do you use and do you treat it before the grow? Read so many stories and not sure how, the 50/50 and formula 1 dries out to fast for me and and think they best for drip systems. Leaning towards coco with next grow.

I didn't mix my coco at a 50/50 ratio, kinds eyeballed it though.
I did soak it with calmag for the cation exchange though as it was not buffered coco.

Coco and fertigation is ideal I believe. What I'm currently running, although just moved across and had to transplant some plants from soil to coco.

QB's are awesome! I love mine! I find they increase temps in my small tent by 2C only.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I didn't mix my coco at a 50/50 ratio, kinds eyeballed it though.
I did soak it with calmag for the cation exchange though as it was not buffered coco.

Coco and fertigation is ideal I believe. What I'm currently running, although just moved across and had to transplant some plants from soil to coco.

QB's are awesome! I love mine! I find they increase temps in my small tent by 2C only.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

He's running his at 780W 😵 probably more heat generated than us