Bakstein420

Fibre Pots - KZN

Hey guys

Looking for those fibre pots that can be planted directly into soil, preferably a local (KZN) supplier.

Thanks in advance.

oic. My wife makes seedling pots out of newspaper. Biodegradable but... I'm guessing that wont work for 20l pots 😛 lol

• Like 1

I wish I could get my wife involved. All she does is walk past the room and complain about the noise from the fans 🤣

Hahaha you should plant outside then. I plant in the missus's best flower gardens. She always complains the garden clubbers will moan about the canna, but all they do is oohaahh, or pull a high brow. 😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bakstein420 said:

I wish I could get my wife involved. All she does is walk past the room and complain about the noise from the fans 🤣

Do what I did. Find a strain that's got very little high and lots of medical benefits that could replace any medication she takes eg anxiety tablets etc. Get her to germinate it. And take good care of it. She will stop complaining about the noise and the missing kitchen utensils and let's not forget those hangers we steal from her cupboard. I use to dry my buds on hangers. It became extra work. I gave her all 50 of those hangers and now she's a lot more helpful in the garden. She even knows how to check ph and feed the gals. She's always checking my controllers and updating me on temperatures etc when I'm working.

• Agree 1

On 11/6/2019 at 7:50 PM, Bakstein420 said:

Thanks @highchome that's a cool diy but I'm talking about the biodegradable fiber pots, not the material pots like FF make.

images.jpeg-3.jpg

Better to use a normal pot and transplant. These pots add too much resistance for a plant that has a short life span. Those fabric pots are great thou. Great for the roots and also for keeping fungus gnats at bay. Just put a thin layer of pool filter sand on top and bye bye fungus gnats.

Btw I don't use fabric pots atm cos they expensive when you need many and time consuming when you have to diy them. 

On 11/6/2019 at 2:47 PM, highchome said:

@Bakstein420 yeah the prices are a little crazy. But you can DIY it, e.g. see https://www.420sa.co.za/topic/2174-fabric-grow-bags/

I've seen easier versions two where they just use a cable tie to hold the bottom together 🙂

I use to make my own. Quite an easy design. It ends up with a square bottom which can be beneficial to maximize floor space. And you don't have to use the weed guard material that's a bit costly. Most fabric company's sell a material called spunbond. Works perfectly. Just a little thinner. 

• Like 2