Unknown Bagseed Grow Journal (from soil to hydroponic to clone)

hydroman

Hi all,

Just thought I would open a grow journal with my experiences so far. To help others also that find the info useful.

This grow started as a single plant in soil to a 3 plant hydroponic grow with 4 clones in bubbler cloner. All DIY built, and no idea on what strain it is, but there was a single seed in one of the highest quality i have bought and I'm going to see what potential I can bring out in this first time grow. I am currently in day 18 of flowering already but will post from the start of my journey up till now and then harvest when the plant is at its peak and after that I will move on to the drying & curing...finally ending with a smoke report. Hope many will get some valuble knowledge out of this as I'm a newbie to any sort of growing..

I must note that this is my first time grow, I used the internet for loads of info and used the bagseed as a learning curve to prepare for my Top Genetic Sativa grow :-puffinrt

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grow room is 2m (H) 60cm (W) 60cm (D)...Very tiny I know but was supposed to be a stealth grow. The closet I painted flat / matte white, used an old parrafin tin and cut it in half to make my Light reflector. All cheap stuff laying around. This was a super cheap start up.

20141110_183709.thumb.jpg.52a9f00ab4e84323440f3d5b923f0c82.jpg

I have 2x 80mm fans pulling fresh air from the bottom a small 6"  steel blade fan on the plants and then I have a 80mm getting all the hot rising air into another empty section that has a passive hole and one fan pulling out as well..i just set it up as best as I could with what I had available.Extraction has been a problem for me because of the closet I'm using and  has contributed to high temps. The bigger my plants get the higher the light goes, the closer to the fan it is, the cooler it is lol. I'm going to pick up some aluminium ducting from Hydro Herb soon as I can go there, that should help alleviate the heat. Will connect it to the grow light to vacuum the heat out The humidity I kept high during veg by adding wet towel in between the grow and landed up with 45-65% humidity then currently  in Flowering I have my humidity in the 25 to 40% range. I should mention in not running a drip system so my leca clay are mostly dry on top and my reservoir is also super sealed as well so not much escaping from the res or clay to contribute to humidity. Still not a perfect grow room and on my next grows in planning to get a tent or a bigger stealth wardrobe lol its easier when you have a bit more space to work with...Love diy though too its nice to build things for next to nothing...sense of pride lol

4th December 2014

Some decent growth, not so healthy because of the nutrients I gave was a mess up and soil was so confusing. Was about time to move to a 1L container as well

plant showing Indica looking characteristics...Sprouted a few more seeds incase she was a male

20141204_162659_zpsz2pub6uj_1.jpg~original

20141204_162722_zpsvri7agsq_1.jpg~original

20141204_162730_zpsrxffevkx_1.jpg~original

I believe it could be a hybrid as the lower end had fatter leaves and the top now has skinny leaves...the soil I tossed away ages ago the plant is in Hydro. I'm updating the thread from old pics until I get to where I am currently. My profile pic is where I'm at now

The herb I got the seed from had this Lemony punch as I open the jar...the person who sold me the bud had harvested it until all trichromes were amber..im going to first harvest at 50% Clear and keep harvesting at different times in the window to see what potential she has...but you see where the Lemon Haze idea came from...She stretched alot and seems its hopefully over now..hope to see some bud fattening up soon

Looking good hydroman. What is your total light set up? Are you running those fans off a pc psu?  :-peace

Thanks Toby, you shud see her now! There  is 450w worth of CFL in there currently. I had some more but the heat was terrible... The fans I run off a a 12 volt adapter and the steel fan is powered by its own adapter also..i have a spare 12v battery charger but I'm afraid the fans might be super noisy...

I wish I could tell a strain just by looking and smelling it...

LOL  don't we all wish that... I'm trying to narrow it down at least to have an idea but its not possible unless its got colour traits smell and style of growing too..at the end of the day its the smoke that's gna tell me whether she's a winner or not..name or no name..if she's a winner Il give her a name.. :-peace