Testing new things

Smelly Joe

24h after cutting were taken and placed into water. I double dipped the cutting to make sure both angles is covered and placrd her into her new pot. I moved her a level down so that it doesn't get so much intensity.

Thinking of moving it to the cloning section with the heating mat.

4c31b75efb1dd4d74d6a29669007af42.jpg

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nice, glad it's going well. She won't wilt unless you neglect her.

Babying cuttings with a humidity dome just makes them weak. Also the info out there about cutting up the end of the stems, I call BS. None of my roots have come from the cutting section so far, all have come from the stem itself.

Having a humidity which will make veg plants happy, will make the clone happy too. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Nice! Glad it's working well for you so far.

Instead of misting the plants, you can mist the walls / reflective stuff around them and that will evaporate and in turn increase the humidity, do you have a hygrometer in there to check what your humidity is?
Are you in Gauteng or WC? Being by the ocean should increase your average humidity quite a bit, in JHB the humidity has been pretty low around 25 - 32% according to my hygrometer. Extra humidity would be preferred.

• Like 1

2 weeks in and she is still standing strong. There is no new growth but she isn't wilting either. The 2 cutting behind her is Red Cherry Berry. They are a few days behind the Shiskaberry but they pushed a little new growth on top. Not to sure if it's starting to grow or maybe just some stored energy...

The temps has dropped again due to the rain but I don't feel the need to use the heating mat. Little paranoid that I'll dry the soil out to quick and damage roots 0819c23d2806b39d831faec08def4065.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning mr.Smelly brother I see like me it's the cloning business that we get into this time of season, i got a cpl WW clones I dipped in a new product called canna roots roots gel or something it's now replaced the Clonex brand which has been discontinued..

I normally favour fresh aloe and cinnamon powder as my rooting agents and something new I want to try from another grower who mentioned using fresh shoots from a willow tree which have been steeped/slow boil and drain and use that on cut clones.. but the willow tree is in someone else's garden and the rooster over there is worse than the fooking dog...

Ive been using a dome on mine but I think I'm going to do my cheese clones dome off this next time round .....hope it's a blessed weekend for ya mr.Smelly...:-trip

• Like 1

Good morning mr.Smelly brother I see like me it's the cloning business that we get into this time of season, i got a cpl WW clones I dipped in a new product called canna roots roots gel or something it's now replaced the Clonex brand which has been discontinued..

Good Morning to you as well. I've been using the dynaroot, but moved over to rooting gel. I bought a small 50ml Striker gel from the hydro store to test. Some are powder, some gel and some double dipped. One of my mediums holds water like a sponge. Don't think the cuttings gonna enjoy that

I normally favour fresh aloe and cinnamon powder as my rooting agents and something new I want to try from another grower who mentioned using fresh shoots from a willow tree which have been steeped/slow boil and drain and use that on cut clones.. but the willow tree is in someone else's garden and the rooster over there is worse than the fooking dog...

A bevokte rooster can hurt you quite a bit. Has a rooster at one of my earlier jobs and it always charged and attacked when you walk by. Crazy fucking thing.....

I have used willow water on my bonsai cuttings and weed cuttings and it worked well. That was about 6 years back. Since then it's been hard to get willow trees close by. I drive past many of them for work so I should really just stop a cut some branches of again. We had 6 HUGE ones close to my house but they were cut down cause I blocked sun on some vineyards . Sad to see how people kill nature to make the stuff that kills people

Ive been using a dome on mine but I think I'm going to do my cheese clones dome off this next time round .....hope it's a blessed weekend for ya mr.Smelly...howdy.gif.1d432204b4ac8986ca17478cf36690de.gif

I used a dome and got success but very little. This round I'm not using a dome. And everything looks good so far. Will get better pics of them tonight when lights are on

Have an awesome Saturday. I'm not working this weekend so I'm just chilling out.

Seeing that the post is testing new things, here's another test going. And yes I know the space for all 3 is to little.

That's the good thing about bagseed, test test test..

It started off as a vermiculite Hempy Run. Potted 4 seedlings over into the verm but 1 died due to not growing well. As time went on they didn't really grow well even when feeding them lekker nutes. So I couldn't kill them and just placed them outside. And as luck would have it they all turned out female. So now I'm just growing them out as is to see what happens. If all goes to shit then I'm making hash.

f6f375e6d595042ddae4b60f8eb084bd.jpg608659d3dada7d3d0fd02e71c94bf2aa.jpg2f62cf791e2a71ff8b34f15f470242d3.jpg83374dd33364428c4e4f86ce8634dbee.jpg