diy LED light panel advise needed

nakes

Hi everyone I'm planning to build my own LED light but need some advise as to where I can buy the cobs or qb panels. I'm good at building things and this sound like a lekke project and would keep the start-up costs down any advise will be appreciated.

• Like 2

Would like to see what. Your prototype looks like. I have a 300w led bar I will veg with but will have to get sorted with my flowering lights. Is your cobs also diy? Would like to see some pics of what you using now and how you made them;-)

• Agree 1

I'm using crypto Miner coolers, which are too expensive if you don't have faulty miners lying around. Using 100w 22v cobs, I have 10 of them at the moment and got myself quite a few 50w cobs to allow extra coverage. 700w will be for my vegging tent. Here are a few pics of the ones already built, but I want to cover a larger area with a single unit.

You can always use a cpu cooler for a single chip, just remember the light spread with cobs are minimal.

Results with 4 x 100w cobs. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.420sa.co.za/topic/1802-c99-germination-date-08-jan-2019/&share_tid=1802&share_fid=155892&share_type=t

277ff6f1c94735461fbbdab929689829.jpg62b9c0a073820fbe822fae7a4c1ba65e.jpge86983ab0ea2d31603d5ccb3b839ab70.jpg1f5b847523793b39022529adfe9f4754.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I like this, also been getting hella into putting my own Led lights together. definitely a fun project for me.

Been doing a lot of research on Various SMD's and cobs, still not to clear about the calculations for heat sinks though.

still, fun though. Will definitely be following ur builds.

9 hours ago, Trailblazer420 said:

You can always use a cpu cooler for a single chip, just remember the light spread with cobs are minimal.

Just a thought, why dont you put lenses on your COB's, would increase light intensity, spread and it looks nice.

I like this, also been getting hella into putting my own Led lights together. definitely a fun project for me.
Been doing a lot of research on Various SMD's and cobs, still not to clear about the calculations for heat sinks though.
still, fun though. Will definitely be following ur builds.
Just a thought, why dont you put lenses on your COB's, would increase light intensity, spread and it looks nice.
Perhaps a future phase :), for now I'm just trying to get to my targets of 700w for vegging and 2000w for flowering.

• Like 1

I can't really give you an exact amount ie g/w, but coming from many years of growing under HID, the results are quite compatible. I find the COBs produce denser buds than the HID did. Big selling point on LEDs for me was the reduction in ambient temperature. I had to run AC with HID, where with LED I almost had to introduce a heater but avoided this by adding more COBs :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Trailblazer420 said:

Yes, however, those will need drivers. The ones I have been buying have built in drivers, unless you're going 12v, which also won't need drivers, but obviously you'll needs a pretty strong psu

This pic is of a 220v 50w with built in driver

800ecc9689fd5fcf885c6b48fd238821.jpg

When installing cobs, shouldn't you also look out for the amperage required to fire them up? or is that only applicable with sigle SMG's and not cobs? 

4 hours ago, ydt said:

@Oolong83 Just look for 220v Cobs... found some locally if your interested. I'm running a few of these but still unsure what the flicker will do to plants... also if your close to cpt I have a few i'm willing to sell.

Appreciated dude, but im tapped out until next payday, even though i do need to increase the light in my budding section. 

Vegging section is nice and bright, looks like daylight in there. 

Budding section seems to be lacking a bit

oh yeah, almost forgot. I made a separate section yesterday for seedling and clones, nothing too special, but it should work. Could always just add a few more cfl’s

A687D52F-3103-4A3F-92DC-23BCAA02ABDC.jpeg

16165D69-C92F-4779-A98A-1B4A489E2ADE.jpeg

45D1D4AB-0C9B-4976-A78D-FBB2185128F1.jpeg

• Like 1