Electricity Increase

LukeS

Morning All,

I stay within the Ekhuruleni municipality, and we seem to have had a tariff increase on Electricity as of 1 July 2019.

I just want to find out if other's have noticed/been affected? I don't remember an announcement for this, it's also quite a dramatic change as the number of units has decreased dramatically, resulting in an increase of around R600 a month (From June-July (At current calculations)) with my grow op.

23 minutes ago, LukeS said:

Morning All,

I stay within the Ekhuruleni municipality, and we seem to have had a tariff increase on Electricity as of 1 July 2019.

I just want to find out if other's have noticed/been affected? I don't remember an announcement for this, it's also quite a dramatic change as the number of units has decreased dramatically, resulting in an increase of around R600 a month (From June-July (At current calculations)) with my grow op.

Yea dude... It's a growers nightmare 

Elec went up by 15%... Not sure how you missed the news.. Everybody is kakking in their pants over this hike

My household elec bill comes to 2400, 

Which leaves me with 4-500 Rand extra per month 

Quite a knock for me, the pauper... 

I do think we have a lower spend than some other growers... 

I can imagine if your grow cost was 2400 alone I'd be swearing in a different shade of purple

I think it's all relative to why you're growing. If you're spending 2.4K on power per month, it probably isn't for personal use alone. My grow probably costs me around R600 per month now, but it's still financially viable. I should harvest around 700 - 900g in my current setup. With a 6 month grow, (call it a kg for ease of math) let's say my nutes and misc items cost me another R1400 over the grow period. R5000, from start to finish, giving me a cost price of R5 per gram for something I would need to pay R150 per gram for elsewhere.

Kind Sir, the cost of electricity is irrelevant.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sadly my budget sounds quite a bit tighter than yours... 

If it wasn't for that truth that growing is cheaper than buying, I might still be buying. 

My grow costs about 800 a month.. But I have a geyser... 2 fridges... Stove... Microwave... Shit adds up yo, and now it's gonna add up 15% faster... 

If all I had to pay was my measly 800, then I would agree with the elec hike being irrelevant 

• Like 1

I pay, or paid about 1500 per month for everything including my other stove, fridge, household shit. Time to fok out another 200 every month just to do this still. Lovely eskom, fokken lovely. Honestly feel like moving a shit load and getting myself a lekker solar setup. Eskom is n klomp naiers

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 1