Whats that smell? SKUNK!!

Oolong83

@PsyCLown i did actually put this ladies head under the scrog net. Just want to see  how she would grow and what to expect, get a better idea so i can be ready for this process next grow, which is already to go to flower already, i just don't have the space. So as soon as these 6 come out of vegging the next 6 move in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

@PsyCLown i did actually put this ladies head under the scrog net. Just want to see  how she would grow and what to expect, get a better idea so i can be ready for this process next grow, which is already to go to flower already, i just don't have the space. So as soon as these 6 come out of vegging the next 6 move in. 

You basically keep bending the branches under the scrog net to try create a flat canopy and once it is even and full you can then let it grow.

It can be a method to help create a flat canopy to maximize your space and light. Anything beneath the net would generally get cut / pruned as well. It won't get much light and can help increase airflow by doing so. Also forces the plant to spend more energy on the growth above the net.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

To give you an example... 

I put a few plants under my scrog net. 

The one plant in particular, was 75cm tall. It is now under the net, flat, and only 42cm tall... The branches bend really well and that plant has responded the best to the net. So the nets not just for support... It's to keep the canopy flat like PsyCLown said. 

The net you have is more of an outdoor config where high winds can break the stems outdoor and your net will prevent breakage. .. But indoor, stem breaking is much less of an issue, and light penetration and distribution is more of a concern. 

Do yourself a flavour next round... Scrog and reap👌✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice bru! 

Okay so I took another look at your setup... You have a few things to do... 

First will be to either raise all the plants up individually to the net... Or lower the net down over the plants. 

Personally I would do a bit of both... Some plants can go a bit higher to match the others. 

Next would be to have about 15cm of plant above the net... You can go even more... But let's start smallish... 

Then once the net is secure and plants are in the holes... Weave the tops of the plants under the net so that the net holds them... Don't worry, in a few hours all the tops will be pointing toward the light again. 

At that stage you are all set... Now the work is little... Every few days you just bend the stems under the net again and keep the canopy flat... 

Once your net is full, then you can flip to flower and reap the buds bro😁😁😜😋

Edit - after the bending... I would lower your light to as close as you can go, making sure you don't lower it too much so the stems on the outskirts don't get light 💡

Edited by CreX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

There we go... Okay sweet... 

Keep in mind that you would start this process earlier and will have much better results... 

Good that you haven't flipped yet! 

Leave those bent... Keep them supported as is... And they will be fine. 

The colas will perk up to the light in no time and the bends will heal by the time you wanna flip... 

Depending on how full your net is, maybe push your flip date by another week, unless it has your Chocolopes in with them? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CreX said:

It's okay... Your stem just folded, that's perfect.... Leave it for a few days... Bent like it was.... And a huge knuckle will form. 

Ja, take a look at "supercropping". The first time I saw that I thought it was insane. I've done it a couple of times and it still makes me queasy... 🙂 

• Like 1

So far i havent come across 1 male yet, all my plants are female so far, the ones that are showing.

Damn, was hoping for a few males to give me an excuse to clear some plants out, guess not.

i actually gave 4 plants away to some of my buddies, space is becoming limited now that they getting bigger. 

30 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

So far i havent come across 1 male yet, all my plants are female so far, the ones that are showing.

Damn, was hoping for a few males to give me an excuse to clear some plants out, guess not.

i actually gave 4 plants away to some of my buddies, space is becoming limited now that they getting bigger. 

Hahaha, I had the exact same issue! Started out with way more plants than I could flower as I used reg seeds.

So also gave some plants away. Feminized seeds makes life much easier.

• Agree 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, CreX said:

There we go... Okay sweet... 

Keep in mind that you would start this process earlier and will have much better results... 

Good that you haven't flipped yet! 

Leave those bent... Keep them supported as is... And they will be fine. 

The colas will perk up to the light in no time and the bends will heal by the time you wanna flip... 

Depending on how full your net is, maybe push your flip date by another week, unless it has your Chocolopes in with them? 

Yo dude, the bent part looks like its dying, is that normal?

012A16A9-82B6-4B9A-85FC-5FE16816B5FF.jpeg

It should be fine man... The bend you showed us was a fold... 

Where the cambuim of the stem didn't look frayed or broken.. So just a fold.. 

Those take a few days to come right, but you shouldn't be experiencing any major wilt after the first day. 

It's possible that your repair work on the stem caused extra stress... But I'm not sure... 

Give it a few more days and we can take it from there

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

nah dude, that part died completely so i cut it off. 

Hope she doesn't fuck out too much.

Sorry dude... That's not so cool. 

The rest of the plant will be hundreds. 

Iv snapped 2 beautiful colas of mine too in the last week... Trying to see if I can save them and clone them... 

Like I said before... You would normally start much sooner and have really great results.. Just take a look at my comp grow and the scrog I and many others have going... Really the way to grow indoors👌

How's some more pics... The plants must be pretty happy since the scuffle? 

• Agree 1

SO they are getting a bit much, some advise please.

i read a lot about removing the bottom 2 nodes, does that mean cutting the whole branch off? its big.

I think i will upload better view tonight to give better idea of how they look from stem to top.

Then hopefully someone can advise me on how and where to cut.

IMG_5996.JPG

IMG_6003.JPG

Well if it was me I would strip off all the growth that is not part of the main canopy. Branches and all and focus on top growth for bud. After some defoliation and selective branch pruning you might end up with enough space to do some LST work

Are they in flower yet or have you flipped the switch??? It is a skunk...

• Like 1