New Grow Room

iHigh

Hi - looking for advice please

My new grow room will be approx 3m x 3m.

Will have 3 x CHM630w 

Will install a aircon

Have a humidifier and dehumidifier.

Going to run Coco and autopot systems.  ( Will do CO2 at a later stage )

Please help with some questions :

1. Cant decide on autos or  photos

2. do I need extra ventilation even if aircon is vented ?

3. Anything else I should look at ?

Thanks 

• Agree 1

If you add CO2 you will have to consider a closed loop room setup. You will still need fans to cycle your air. Autos are great if you have the correct strains. Seeds might work out to be expensive. With photos you only need one seed and you can make cuttings. But then you need to consider mother room and veg area. My 2cents.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks SkunkPharm

If I had a CO2 controller, couldnt I set the CO2 to come on for say an hour(s) during which time the aircon would switch of ? Or hopefully, with the lights, during winter at least, probably wont need the aircon on during the day and can flood with CO2 ?

Can mother room and veg area be in the same tent ?

• Like 1

@iHigh the mother room and veg area can be in the same room. Just shift plants and cuttings accordingly, to intense light could hurt new cuttings, small things like that. I keep mother plants and clones together.

Space might become a issue depending on amount of mother plants and cuttings vegging out, but for a personal grow I am sure this will be fine. :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank
Adding extra infos
  • Like 1

@iHigh I don't have too much experience with the Auto's, but looking at the size of your room, it might become expensive to fill that baby with Auto's every grow.

To maximize yield on the indoor its best if the growing space has a nice even canopy, from what I have seen with the Auto diaries, they seem difficult to train and will need a SOG (Sea Of Green).

The nice thing about having a mother plant or two is that you get to know the strain very well, taking clones and trying to grow them better each time. Knowing a mother plant also allows more fine tuning of a growroom. 

If you want to go the photo-route I could send you some tester beans from my breeding projects for free, that way if you mess up its not a big deal. Not sure what the rules on the forum are regarding this, but the offer is there.

:-peace

13 hours ago, iHigh said:

Thanks for the offer dank - might take you up on it.

I can get some clones of some good genetics, so maybe I will start with those for first grow and see how they go

Getting some clones would be a great way to get started and easy enough to veg them out and fill your growing space. If your friend is happy with you keeping a mother from one or two clones, especially if it is proven genetics, that way you could have cuttings ready from the mom/s by the time you harvest.

This will also cut down a lot of time for sprouting, vegging, sexing, selection, etc.

There is no rush, my beans are frozen and will be available for the 420SA community whenever the need arises. :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank
forgot to add some info