Totemic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

nice bud!

Is this growing in your super soil?

The initial hole was filled with my soil although I no longer even water in that area. The feeding ring is outside and using only the following as amendments as the season progresses. The bonemeal for eg I started feeding 2 months ago, considering the time it take for P to become available. 

20190124_142653.thumb.jpg.135d401065b52a11506cfe894a83192e.jpg

The gold dust gives me all the Ca I need as well as plenty micro nutrients. 

I haven't really worked out a feeding schedule. I know my plants well and pick up when they need something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stinger96 said:

May I ask what your ratios are with the above products. I will understand if it is a bit of a secret..:-thumbsup

No ratios at all. It's routine feeding once a month only by lightly tilling in the amendments. I really just grab a handful and sprinkle over a large area. Less is always more and I have less control in the ground so I find it best to just dilligently feed the microbes and keep the soil alive.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Totemic said:

No ratios at all. It's routine feeding once a month only by lightly tilling in the amendments. I really just grab a handful and sprinkle over a large area. Less is always more and I have less control in the ground so I find it best to just dilligently feed the microbes and keep the soil alive.

So you top dress your soil with EWC and bone meal?

EWC, bonemeal, and gold dust. All soft organics that dont really mess with each other at all, and covers all my plants needs. All my vegetables and herbs grow in this environment perfectly. In the ground this is enough. In a containter it would be insufficient fertilisation and constant lockouts as keeping a stable pH would be almost impossible. Thats why my or any other supersoil "cooks". 

Edited by Totemic
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Crystal Gelato got the chop. A week earlier than I wanted, but Autumn has arrived properly in CT and the powdery mildew has started in her leaves. There is enough cloudy for me.

20190328_090324.thumb.jpg.8399a7da30dbb3e3da2dbec65d4bb95f.jpg

20190328_090330.thumb.jpg.f78ae71c446148a5c4a5bb3062a18382.jpg

20190331_103734.thumb.jpg.2ccea1f55e6b49c9ab66ac4c8570aa58.jpg

There is a skeleton of a plant left. Inner and lower branches that can go a few days more.

20190331_113931.thumb.jpg.2c8f8492295e19d057cf09e161583869.jpg

20190331_113955.thumb.jpg.b3176e4b3d8ed86082b8e2c1ff9bd5ce.jpg

:-peace

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
For interest sake, do you bud wash because of the PM? Just curious as I'm basically sitting with the same issue now... 
Yes, I did it last round but also I've grown to love budwash. Look at this shit, bucket on the right if the first bucket with lemon juice and bicarb soda. Second bucket is just clean water for the last dunk, I know some does 2 buckets, some does 3 for that extra bit.

Sorry for the highjack TotemicIMG-20190503-WA0017.jpg

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stoukie said:

For interest sake, do you bud wash because of the PM? Just curious as I'm basically sitting with the same issue now... 

It really depends on what you are dealing with. How far along the infection is.

PM starts in the leaves and as the infection spreads, the petioles then branches and eventually the buds will be infected to.

I don't like bud washing and as in this case my infection was still localised on the leaves which were removed.

Water is PMs enemy as it washes away spores before they have a chance to embed. My plants always get a good sprinkle watering with the hosepipe to rinse off dust etc a day before harvest so I suppose that's a washing of sorts but I don't dunk my buds in water.

• Like 1