My pavement special

Catsilver

Ok I'll start my grow diary on this, even though I'm a few months in and it's not impressive. Always nice to look back at how noob one was from when they started. 

Before I'm scrutinized... Yes pot is too small. Yes should only have one plant in.

This was my tester grow, Plan to plant directly in garden next time. Have some seeds already planted waiting to sprout. 🙂

Was very fortunate that it I got both plants come out as females. Didn't know how to sex them, just let them grow.

Took this now just after I pulled off golden leaves, which I read up to remove. 

ea18a99f-bf45-4c24-aa38-7ad596c388c9.thumb.jpg.37f3d336340433fe910ff3fbb44296ce.jpg0ecde48d-22c2-4297-9db4-794776fe5f08.thumb.jpg.79d2e95ea19ec4e22bdc01de7ccfade0.jpg9ee79d4a-3b93-4838-b3ef-e6578776337d.thumb.jpg.8e507242f27502fd3807485c5563e92a.jpg

6b2894e7-8807-40bd-99eb-f187a55a74cc.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Catsilver said:

even though I'm a few months in and it's not impressive

I think you might be a bit too harsh on your efforts so far, especially with this being your first grow.

Can you tell us more about how you started up this grow etc ?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stinky said:

I think you might be a bit too harsh on your efforts so far, especially with this being your first grow.

Can you tell us more about how you started up this grow etc ?

Thanks!

Thanks, my wife grows veggies so she's had a load of planting soil, Can't remember now what it was. But nutrient rich. 

Popped a few seeds in one of those checkers seed pods and sprouted it from windowsill in kitchen. Then moved to a small pot, Think this was in around May/June. Got seeds from some cannabis a friend gave me, which I really liked. 

Then moved it to a bigger pot in July, after we moved to a new house, and now move it around in the garden to grab best of light when I can. I keep it on patio mostly to stay out of the wind and when it's raining a lot. 

Really about it, not too exciting. Plant has a very sweet smell which is awesome. 

• Like 1

Well it was a pavement special right. 

Will let this one ride out and see how it goes. Long way off to my next grow, don't have good seeds, and trying to sprout bankie seeds at the moment again but it's taken almost a week and nothing. Last time it happened faster. Hey I can always take seeds from hermie and keep, think it's an okay vibey strain. 

1 hour ago, Catsilver said:

Hey I can always take seeds from hermie and keep

Good chance the seeds will produce hermies as well...

Although bagseed is known to produce hermies, I would keep going with bagseed until you get purchase seeds or get some clones.

What do the 420SA growers think ?

19 minutes ago, stinky said:

Good chance the seeds will produce hermies as well...

Although bagseed is known to produce hermies, I would keep going with bagseed until you get purchase seeds or get some clones.

What do the 420SA growers think ?

yeah from what I'm reading about seeds and ideal flowering times no use buying seeds now for outdoor. So going to grind and experiment with what I have. 

Unless you can suggest a strain that would survive the upcoming summer months outside? 

39 minutes ago, Catsilver said:

Would autoflower be best then for summer conditions outdoors?

Sorry to see the hermie, maybe try some autoflowers in a 10 or 15L pot. For auto's you just need one pot, transplanting might shock the plant and slow down growth. 

Any of our local Sativas would also survive the African sun. Also have a look at Freedom Farms, they've got some great soil for cannabis. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RampageZA said:

Sorry to see the hermie, maybe try some autoflowers in a 10 or 15L pot. For auto's you just need one pot, transplanting might shock the plant and slow down growth. 

Any of our local Sativas would also survive the African sun. Also have a look at Freedom Farms, they've got some great soil for cannabis. 

Thanks, sorry if I'm blabbering too much on the forum. 

Where can one buy DP or other recommended Sativas like you mention? I'd like to buy local. 

Cool, well this is my testers, I removed the one now and potted in it's own pot, to give more root space. Bought Seagro and added those ferts. They hermies so not too stressed if this goes south. Got 2 sprouts from my seeds I planted so hoping I'll have better luck with those. Also want to buy seeds end of the month from a local site so if 2nd attempt fails I'm sure I'll have better knowledge on my 3rd try 🙂

Well the damn dogs certainly love seagro and been digging up my pots all day, finally now made an effort to try keep it away from them... 

Where the small one is on the log, was going to me my location where I planted my next grow, in the ground. But fear the dogs will keep digging... Not sure what solution I can come up with yet. 

eb7e9aa1-1e7c-4219-bbef-b9d1bffac6ed.thumb.jpg.4b31067145b64b6a174461496df4ad2b.jpg8e07e2f2-646e-4af6-a9e6-2a18011d731e.thumb.jpg.048a8597a761757ac90d8bee0166097b.jpg

Edited by Catsilver