Day 14 Leaf Strip - pitchforks welcome

narnia

I have to admit, im happy you have a canopy forming again.

It brings so many questions to my mind though.

It has gone one of 2 ways.

The yield might actually increase since top bottom balance is off and there is a lot more root available to pump it into those buds.

Or the yield will decease since the chorophyll surface area is insufficient to keep the metabolism going full blast.

I'll take a guess that its going to be the first option since the canopy is kind of replacing itself.

I might even attempt this with a control to really get solid figures.

:-peace

Glad it's working out for you bud , the canopy is forming again nicely . Might just be the pics but that lady looks hungry , there's a lot of new growth going on with nothing but the roots to power the growth as you have taken off all it's stores lol you may need to tweek the feed for it . 

Would really be interested in seeing a control test but good job bud will keep an eye on this

As Totemic said: So many questions! But also possibilities. Think about this:

You have the borg, your plants are ☠️☠️. Strip all the leaves, nuke the room, and carry on again!

You’re in organic soil, with too much N, at day 14, strip the foliage, the plant pulls the excess N for regeneration, and you’re gonna finish beautifuly.

Just adds more tools to the chest if you know what I mean.

Thanks All :-gthumb

Would love to hear what yáll find with side-by-side on known cuts and appreciate all the input on this thread. 

Did a res change and just under 0.2EC bump day after snip (1.4 nute + 0.2 base water). The lighting defs alters the colour and it's a lot of new growth, but will bump feed up some more in 1-2 days depending on how she's looking, drinking, res. EC, etc. Given there's a lot of new growth and I've assumed slowed down transpiration, which will ramp up with leaf growth, I don't really want to increase feed too much while she's bouncing back, unless I were to see a drop in res. EC for e.g. 

Naturally you don't know the strain, my nutes, supps, etc. but any advice on theoretical feed given the stress recovery? My POA was just to dump and change res. around 5-7 days as a safety measure. My clivia might grow a set of tits from another res. dump on them, but hey, who doesn't like tits on their clivia?

Jland[/member] Ya his topping tech is the tits. Nice even canopy!

Having semi-mainlined this girl, and then used his topping tech to even out canopy, has created a bit of a challenge with branching for me. Perhaps more strain/pheno  dependent, not sure, but something to watch for. I could've/should've done more lollipopping in veg, even quite high up, or perhaps avoided the topping tech altogether given the mainlining.

The tits indeed!!! Sounds like you went all out on the ladies. With the mainlining and GML = tops a plenty!! 

Could of should of...well you have cleared the way for light and the  recovery is awesome, next round you'll haven't dialed in bro :-gthumb

She is going to STACK!!!! :-trip

Few more regrowth pics, last of which at around a week. 

She finally started to drink a decent amount around 3 days (something to factor in depending on grow style / medium, i.e. plan your waterings). The girls in coco seemed to dry out around about the same as usual, but their strip was far less aggressive and obviously there will be natural drying out from the fabric pots and enviro.

pH dropped around .7 over 18hrs or so as the drinking ramped up, EC remained the same at least within the ~0.10 resolution that my meter provides. Seems to have stabilized after correcting, for the last day and a half or so, but will monitor.

IMG_5053_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.8ca481bb0272a0c02c3d698c86dea1d6.JPG

IMG_5061_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.f39797a8467b05e4fc532f0de4eb06c1.JPG

IMG_5062_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.2e6cd67e990047a5d8d655bcc1c18b21.JPG

IMG_5064_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.ff1952e562adfb95c6f4ffc76135805b.JPG

Thanks m8. 

Honestly quite hard to tell, with all the branching I would've expected lots of bud sites in any case. Possibly beefer pistil development than expected, on those sites, but without a control, can't say with too much confidence.

Frost fairy has juuust started rolling in and even the 'big' fan leaves are getting a dusting. This is the most noticeable effect, where just about all regrowth is showing trich development. Early days, yet.

• 3 weeks later...

narnia[/member] how's it going that side? Are the girls holding up and exploding out of themselves ?

Keeping us in anticipation ;D

:-peace

Thanks for the interest bro :-gthumb

All going well. She's a hedge. On cruise control. I don't snap many pics, too busy trying to stay awake until lights on then priority tasks only such as ruining my eyes scoping trichs :-hilarious Will take some at harvest as promised and wrap up this thread, and probs do a grow report.

Here's two that I do have on my phone which don't show much. One is from a week ago showing someone my setup, the other is 3 days ago (Day 39) in shitty light looking at some frostiness.

IMG_5114_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.bb99353a6bb53914e7060a7d82590fbb.JPG

IMG_5109_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.3c296475949fd0f3c471fac8ad2ff03d.JPG

Ah dude!!! She is frosty but man that is a hedge :-clap and they look to have linked up a lot of the way. Wow I'm impressed ;D

And they still got some way to go, going to be a "DANK" harvest!!! 

So you'll be stripping again? Or to early to tell?

:-moonwalk

Thanks peeps :-peace

Jland[/member] will defo do some, when and how much will still play with. Really hedgy, even with loads of lollipopping she still needed more. This strain/pheno seems will do better with less topping, rather than the extensive mainlining I've done, and probs SCROG'd out to control and leverage the branching. The frostiness is really making me want to trim wet and get some good fresh extract

Budwizer[/member] Really tight. Had planned on having another bigger girl in a 10 liter fabric pot but thankfully opted to keep her as a mother and chuck a semi-bonsai'd girl in 1l stacked as high as I could brave it on rickety pots, as you can see :P 

The branching on the critical+2, and minimal stretch, was unexpected as it really hedged out and gobbled up space. There's a lovely looking sativa dom. which one can't even see, in a 10l fabric pot in the back corner so I'm quite stoked the critical looks like it's going to run longer than expected/advertised and interested to see how your's go. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those Criticals are really nice plants. The buds on mine are getting just massive, with almost no leaf. Packing on the trichs and weight. And the smell! Got a little cat pissy thing goin- if you know what I mean. I’m definitely running those again!

So what’s happening in Narnia? You found the White Witch yet?😉

Those Criticals are really nice plants. The buds on mine are getting just massive, with almost no leaf. Packing on the trichs and weight. And the smell! Got a little cat pissy thing goin- if you know what I mean. I’m definitely running those again!

So what’s happening in Narnia? You found the White Witch yet?😉

Hehehe, frost witch fo sho.

THE SMELLS :-meditate

Yum, yum, yum.

The room tends to have a tennis ball container type smell (white widowy) with musky flavour to it (subjective cat piss?) driven by the C+2.

Accidentally brushing up against the bud:

Sour citrus smell whole way

DWC has orgasmic berry notes with an increasing garlicy undertone after calyx swell

Coco has fuel smell making the sour more pungent, not quite sour D

Synthetics; DWC and coco, I run some supplements on water only days and run bottled microbes in both DWC and coco, so it's not entirely sterile/chem. Without any shadow of doubt though, won't hold a candle to organics and our profiles are probs different too.

Some deets on the grow:

All going well, started flush on both C+2, DWC a couple days earlier, oddly enough, even though coco girl looked way way ahead the whole way through she decided to start throwing out more new pistils and continue fattening up - would never have predicted this, given how many red/brown pistils coco girl had, from well early on - while the DWC girl started and finished her calyx swell.

DWC not as fat, lots of sugar leaf, but a hedge with tops and lower budsites errywhere and so so frosty in comparison, so jury is still out given just about every metric between the platns is different from pheno to medium, to strip, etc. Fine with this as trained her extensively to try get high yield with the other two coco girls pushing for 4-6 nice top buds. The beautiful branching and budsites filling just about the whole branch worked against me with the extensive training and I'd defo like to run again and leverage it now that I have a better idea what to expect from the strain/pheno.

Few random pics from a few days ago, one just looking at the DWC calyx swell (interestingly showing similar "good" foxtailing as one sees on GML's crops), another showing plebeian plant support over canopy. One sleeping beast Strawberry Am. fattening up like mad in the corner, smaller C+2 in coco filling space.

IMG_5141_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.76a08f5c3c6acefd27579bbf0f199b33.JPG

IMG_5144_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.94722abb987aac9ac96eda8a5e1fa1b6.JPG

IMG_5143_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.fde133a727234f647ec287687fb42994.JPG

IMG_5140_-_Copy.thumb.JPG.526ecbeb75aa8ed786c94c41df4fc39d.JPG

So what is your conclusion on leaf stripping?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nothing too definitive to be fair, jury is still out. 

Frost for days; if growing for extracts/concentrates, looks like it'd be a no brainer.

For a deep and dense canopy: a must for light penetration.

Anything else would be extrapolating too far. The best I can say conclusively, other than the above, is I will definitely do it again (preferably with at least a control plant), provided I am filling the space sufficiently.