Organic Indoor Soil Grow

zairek

So I need a setup that's portable, lightweight, strong, quick to erect and dismantle. A grow tent would be the obvious choice, but, does not fulfill the low-cost criteria, also strength was a concern particularly on low-cost models. In terms of dimensions I decided upon 1.25mx1.25mx2.1m for flower (work in progress) and 0.625mx1.25mx1.25m for veg. Stealth was not a requirement. New tents this size would have set me back around R4000.

Took about 3 hours to assemble, is lightweight and costs half as much as a commercial tent, probably stronger as well!8-)

IMG_20170421_204617.thumb.jpg.2f7883c2b4284ad01b493d0609e8c1a4.jpg

IMG_20170421_204632.thumb.jpg.570f9c602b54eed143b1f170075ba54e.jpg

Decided on the following 7 strains:

OG Kush (seeds4free)

Kandy Kush (seeds4free)

Buddha's Sister (seeds4free)

Master Kush (Nirvana)- 4.5 years old!

Bubblelicious (nirvana)- 4.5 years old!

Kolossal Killer  - 4.5 years old!

Bag seed

Have seeds soaking at the moment, hope they pop...

Thanks 420, need all the encouragement and advice as i can get, I have a 150mm inline ducting fan on order , but only for my flowering tent, for which I have a ventilated hood and 600W HPS. in the veg tent, temps are relatively low with the 85W cfl, so have not yet seen the need to ventilate as yet, but I have a 250W MH that I plan to install in the veg tent, when the time comes, ill ventilate.

For now Im just content that I have a grow enclosure without over committing cash.

My goal is to have one big harvest per year, which is the main reason I need a cheap dismantlable setup.

Thanks for stopping by, will post a few more pics later today of my flowering tent.

While on the subject of temperature. Im in Bloemfontein, minimum temps reach way below zero in the mid of winter, ambient air outside tent around 15C at night at the moment. In fact the challenge now is keep the internal tent temperature in 29C range for germination, so its necessary to keep the cool air out the cab at the moment, requiring good light and draught - proofing of the enclosure.

This is my second indoor grow, first one I logged on weed.co.za, was a great success, grew Nirvana's white widow and Papaya strains. Really enjoyed the process, the satisfaction of being an agent in the process of creation of some mystical medicine, every milestone in the grow process, from conceptualising, budgetting, researching, strain selecting, germinating etc etc etc is rewarding and presents huge learning and self-improvement  opportunities.

A forum like this enables the sharing of ideas and experiences of other growers faced with similar challenges in the South African context, which is really cool, thanks 420SA, for hosting this forum :-gthumb

in the veg tent, temps are relatively low with the 85W cfl, so have not yet seen the need to ventilate as yet, but I have a 250W MH that I plan to install in the veg tent, when the time comes, ill ventilate.

Having ventilation isn't just about controlling temp. Besides from controlling humidity, it's also about bringing fresh air in all the time to ensure the plants get as much co2 as possible. If you have no fresh air coming in, the co2 in the air trapped in the cab, will slowly become depleted.

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly none of my older seeds popped into viable seedlings, so basically left with two Buddha's sister, 1xOG kush and 1x Kandy Kush  and bag seed.... All vegging under 250W hps in the larger veg cab above. One seedling, the OG looking a bit sickly with brown spotting on leaves... Also grow went off to a bad start with soil mix too salty and hot. Had to repeatedly flush plants and medium, less is always more, and golden rule, always soak and flush your Coco coir , always

IMG_20170520_074421.thumb.jpg.98b25e641307d57783fdaad957d39322.jpg

IMG_20170520_074414.thumb.jpg.c11ab13b57533f30313df2b963354016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Strains : Kandy kush

Og kush

Buddha kush (fat leaves)

And bag seed. Hope with this experimental grow to maximise yield in 1.25mx1.25m grow space...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Kandy has a flavor like no other, i must admit. definitely one of my all time favs. just a little susceptible to pests. OG on the other hand is very resilient. These must reserva privada . - and of coarse that true cali flavour :) 

enjoy!

Howsit Growguru

Thanks for popping in.

Really dig your online store, need some advice on hydroponic nutes for an experiment with a 5litre bubbler, a hybrid soil /hydro setup, will post a separate thread.

Never tried any of these strains before, the genetics I'm using aren't topshelf, got em off seeds4free.com so just hoping for the best really. It's been a while my last grow so didn't want to risk expensive seeds, also testing this prototype grow environment . Let's see

Link to bubbler thread :

http://www.420sa.co.za/index.php?topic=1213.0

Think it's time to flip to 12/12. These plants are almost 60cm in height already, bucket is 80cm high so already 140cm total height. Shucks and I still have not determined sex...

Clones have at least a week to go. Damn.

IMG_20170610_185702.thumb.jpg.c08395e77e24c0a7185734ccf8f7ee11.jpg

Problem is, I dunno yet if these are hos or hommies.... theyre not more than 6 weeks since sprouting, they're extremely vigourous, can literally see them grow. And strange things is they had a rough start and been left unattended for 3 weekends.

Would like to LST but if these aint bitches, then wasted effort, but lets see how they take to their new pots, maybe growth will be redirected to root zone to scope out the new medium. Lets see, only transplanted one today, tiring work, considering Im labouring with the smaller veg tent. Tomorrow's another day...