Hybrid soil/hydro bubbler - 5 litre water bottle

zairek

Awe peeps

Want to experiment with a hybrid grow to compare results with soil only medium. Have no experience with hydro, neither do i own any ppm or pH meters. So, what  can the forum advise me in terms of nutrition for the hydro section? Currently the soil section is composed of just clean Coco and mycorrhizae, water with a mild compost tea based on date molasses. The liquid nutes I currently have are seagro and kelpak.

PS. I did not block out the bottle cos it sits snugly in a black plant pot

IMG_20170603_192434.thumb.jpg.30c241bb9b2b03c2097bab7657fb0d0b.jpg

Thanks for the link CK, will look into that if this grow has any promise of success. I decided to try this setup to see if I can leave the plant unattended for up to week without the worry of watering.

So anyone, can I use seagro and kelpak in the hydro section? Or should I just use plain water in the lower section and feed only the soil section?

:poke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure about a week coz you water level will drop and your nutrient mix will change as the plant drinks, so your pH might go outta whack... But worth a shot. I like the idea of the bottle

Spot on CK as they grow water needs more regular replenishment, which is about once a week, which is cool for a low maintenance grow