Hi from windy CPt

Surv0

Hey guys, thanks for accepting me.

Hailing from Cape Town, indoor/outdoor grower here, concentrate dabbler and cannabis cocooil maker for various patients who need it.

Married with a 9mnth old baby girl and really looking forward to being active in the local community. Have been sitting on international community groups and forums for a while now.

This is my third grow season.

There is alot on the go locally at the moment, and I am gearing myself to try be involved as much as possible. Will keep this place up to date with new developments :)

Welcome..... Ian

What you growing atm?

What you dabbing on atm?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Hi

Have just completed a grow of Zombie Virus kush. Used trim and popcorn for an Absolute BHO extract and generally anything else I use to make a bubble hash extract for diluting into coconut. I supply a number of people (non smokers) for various ailments.

My Dinafem OG Kush seeds are actually arriving today. Check out www.cannabisseeds.co.za : fresh local startup out of CPT, 1-2 day delivery. Hoping to get these into pots this weekend. Will post some pics as I go. Have to support these guys to make sure we dont end up without genetics again. Dinafem are also pushing to make this a success.

That said Ive got the following arriving from Washington next week:

2oz bottle of Mammoth P

2oz bottle Canna-B-Rich

8 Fem PNW Cherry Pie Seeds

8 Fem Fruity Pebbles OG Seeds

3 Reg Chem Star Seeds

5 Reg Agent Orange Cross Seeds

4 Reg Lady X Seeds

3 Reg Tahoe Fire Seeds

3 Reg OG Mix Seeds

iIxZTWR.jpg

Some of my A.BHO

hZZJ5nV.jpg

Edit: OG Kush seeds just arrived, delivered by The Courier Guy. 

AYjzvsb.jpg

Lol. Dinafem. Vom. You get fruity pebbles but then want us to support this very obviously monopolised company?? Go back to 99 bru. That "Absolute" BHO looks like it was made from absolut vodka! :-hilarious

Lol. Dinafem. Vom. You get fruity pebbles but then want us to support this very obviously monopolised company?? Go back to 99 bru. That "Absolute" BHO looks like it was made from absolut vodka! :-hilarious

Strange, can find mostly good reviews about Dinafem. Regardless they are making a push to get genetics here, nobody else is. Other seed banks will be coming along soon. I will support them. I am supporting the local company, and hopefully this local company can start offering varieties. 

The Pebbles OG is from a private guy, if you want facebook details let me know and I provide. For now, I have spent months trying to find seeds locally, and have found nothing, and very little assistance or advice on how to go about it safely. Only silly comments like yours unfortunately. Cannabisseeds is hopefully going to change this.

Regarding the absolute BHO, this was my first attempt and as far as I can tell, its extremely clean, going on the smoke. I used pure Ethanol, how else should it be done? Care to offer any advice with your words of wisdom or just looking to try make somebody else look stupid? 

I cannot obtain a vacuum purge chamber, too expensive right now. So ethanol wash is my only option to refine the BHO. again any tips?

Thanks for being so helpful.

Nice one...

Whats absolute BHO?

You got a nice line up of genetics there.. Whats going in and out?

Absolute BHO, is butane honey oil (using a butane extraction method) and further washed in Ethanol to remove the excess butane and impurities. Fats and lipids can be removed by freezing the ethanol wash before filter and double boil. You end up with a very pure extract. It is lighter in complexion than it seems, bad light and dark silicon holder.

Stuff from the US hasnt arrived, so the OGK I got today will go in this weekend.

Thats purely for me, have got some plants about a month or two out which will purely goto cannabis coconut oil for various people who need it.

really interested to check out the Mammoth P though, cannot get it here, but believe it is amazing stuff.

Lol. Dinafem. Vom. You get fruity pebbles but then want us to support this very obviously monopolised company?? Go back to 99 bru. That "Absolute" BHO looks like it was made from absolut vodka! :-hilarious

Strange, can find mostly good reviews about Dinafem. Regardless they are making a push to get genetics here, nobody else is. Other seed banks will be coming along soon. I will support them. I am supporting the local company, and hopefully this local company can start offering varieties.

The Pebbles OG is from a private guy, if you want facebook details let me know and I provide. For now, I have spent months trying to find seeds locally, and have found nothing, and very little assistance or advice on how to go about it safely. Only silly comments like yours unfortunately. Cannabisseeds is hopefully going to change this.

Regarding the absolute BHO, this was my first attempt and as far as I can tell, its extremely clean, going on the smoke. I used pure Ethanol, how else should it be done? Care to offer any advice with your words of wisdom or just looking to try make somebody else look stupid?

I cannot obtain a vacuum purge chamber, too expensive right now. So ethanol wash is my only option to refine the BHO. again any tips?

The only company you say? Or the only company with the right connections... Don't make the mistake of thinking these people are doing the local market any good. They aren't. Besides, why you would want to buy seeds locally is beyond me. You are happily getting stuff out of a rec state but still want to buy dinosaur genetics. "Extremely clean" is not an accurate analysis of an extract, especially when your lungs are the chromatography machines. "Pure" Ethanol? The kind you dry before using? Washing BHO in Ethanol is ridiculous, and to remove fats freezing and "filtering" is not quite right. Don't get so pissy ian, it is like the Amish getting pissed off that Steve Jobs doesn't like their tin can and string.

The only company you say? Or the only company with the right connections... Don't make the mistake of thinking these people are doing the local market any good. They aren't. Besides, why you would want to buy seeds locally is beyond me. You are happily getting stuff out of a rec state but still want to buy dinosaur genetics. "Extremely clean" is not an accurate analysis of an extract, especially when your lungs are the chromatography machines. "Pure" Ethanol? The kind you dry before using? Washing BHO in Ethanol is ridiculous, and to remove fats freezing and "filtering" is not quite right. Don't get so pissy ian, it is like the Amish getting pissed off that Steve Jobs doesn't like their tin can and string.

I really do appreciate input and advice, but howcome your attitude is akin to attacking me? Was my initial introduction a bit heavy? I love this topic, I love this plant, I have been growing for 3 years and smoking for 16. I want to be apart of a growing local community, to receive advice, and hopefully to offer it. I believe wholeheartedly in the medical benefits of it, and so do the people I help.

I am still learning and in no way an expert.. I have done one BHO to ethanol extract, and based on everything I have read online, and assistance from others, thought I had the right technique. I would love to ultimately get the stuff I make tested, but can now only go on the feel. That said, I generally dont like using chemicals so its not something Ill do often, but I would like some nice dab every now and then, and how I do this is something Im still trying to learn. Are you open to giving me some alternative advice here or are you saying dont dab at all? Im actually not sure what you are trying to tell me?

Ill try not be pissy if you could try be a little more approachable in your own comments/responses? Maybe offer some alternative advice rather than just stating what I am saying is stupid? I dont see how this can help me or anyone on this forum. Are you just trying to point out opinionated errors in my statements without actually offering anything in return?  Maybe I havent been here long enough to get used to your type of responses? 

As for the seeds in the states, I am very concerned they dont actually pitch up, it also costs a bit to get them over, again with no guarantee it gets past Cape Mail. So yes, supporting local is what I am going to try to do.

Well done on avoiding the seed bank issue. 

Don't think I attack, you're flattering yourself. Be an adult, the canna industry is exploding and there is no more time for excuses, if you don't know, then find out.

Pulling up a chair and popcorn for this.  8-)

Voyeur. Why am I the only one willing to call a spade a spade?? I have no personal stake, some things simply are.

No need for popcorn.

In the mean time, I have ordered a selective thicker skin, it seems it is required, and slightly smaller shoes to hopefully avoid stepping on toes.

Im starting a new grow, would like to make a thread about this with updates and progress, hoping to learn from this forum.