First time grow....Autoflowering Cheese-Feminized.

Deebo420

Hi

I'm a total newbie when it come to growing.  A friend gave me three Autoflowering Cheese-Ferminized seeds.  This will be my first attempt and I need some advice before I get started:

• Which grow medium do I use?
  • Can it be grown outdoors?
  • Is the best time of year to start?
  • Which nutrients do I use?

These are just a few questions I desperately need answered. 

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oracle

Hi

I'm a total newbie when it come to growing.  A friend gave me three Autoflowering Cheese-Ferminized seeds.  This will be my first attempt and I need some advice before I get started:

• Which grow medium do I use?
  • Can it be grown outdoors?
  • Is the best time of year to start?
  • Which nutrients do I use?

These are just a few questions I desperately need answered.  

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

So IMO, when you're starting to grow hybrids like these, hydro is the only way. I know of some very successful outdoor grows, in soil with hybrids. Each strain is different.

Each grower does things differently, as they feel their way works better. You will need to fall on your face a few times before you will find your favorite way of growing. I haven't used AF seeds myself, prefer not to, as the plant can not be cloned, thus you lose the genetics after the grow. These may also be quite a bit more temperamental vs the landrace strains. I grew out some kick ass DP once, very forgiving strain, much like I'd expect the local indica's to be.

If you decide to go outdoors, plant them NOW. I would germinate them in some water, then into some peat pellets in your window and once they have "true leaf" move them outside.

Again, Nutrients would depend on which medium you decide on.

Start a log. It will give you something to look back on and help you realize mistakes you may have made along the grow.

:poke

Guest Oracle

If that is the case, welcome to the best hobby you've ever undertaken, but understand that there is no turning back. Once you've grown and smoked your own bud, nothing out there compares. Have you decided what type of grow you're going to do?

Hi

Going to try an outdoor grow before I invest in hydro.

I have another question, is borehole water okay to use, I have a well point on the property. I've left some tap water out and lowered the ph.  Is that preferable?

Thanks for the support

Guest Oracle

Outdoor is the best way to do it, especially from a legal point of view.

Farmers have been using Borehole water for irrigation for as long as they have been around. I do not have experience with Borehole water,  so can't confirm, but it would be interesting what kind of ph and ppm that water would read.

The only advantage to tap water is that the chlorine kills bacteria /potential fungus,  but I think that may only apply to hydro.

You mentioned you lowered the ph of the water, how are you checking ph?

Hi

I managed to get ahold of a ph meter from a friend.  Going to measure the ph of borehole water soon. Do you think I should use a coco perlite mix or soil to get things started?

Do I need to flush the coco perlite mix before start my grow outside?

I want to have a few pots going around the garden,  to see which area gets the best sunlight. 

Your wisdom is greatly appreciated.  I'm super anxious , I don't want these seeds to go to waste.

Guest Oracle

First off,  germinate the beans on some room temp water,  one bean in a shot glass of water will do the trick. Label them. Leave it in a dark area for nature to take its course. After 2 - 3 days, they should have germinated nicely. At this point, i use a tweezer and GENTLY take the beans and plant them shoot (root) down into straight coco. At this point, you will be planting into a seedling tray. The bean itself has enough nutrients for the first two weeks of growth, so no need for additional nutes. Flush the coco by means of adding too much water when youre swelling it, and then just take and and squash the peat to get the water out. With coco or coco/perl mix in tray, make a small hole and plant it shoot down. close it up and water it with ph corrected water.

Now this little lady needs light. Whether you place it in the window or under cfl tubes or a reasonable energy saver is up to you. You can get a 45w cfl 'energy saver' for around R150.

Only water when medium is at least 90% dry. Be careful not to over water. Once the true leaf shows in about 2 weeks, you can plant into larger pot with coco soil perl mix.

You are very fortunate to start off with genetics like this, woth a little care, you can have some seriously nice bud in april / may.

Good luck and remember that grow log :)

I recently completed an Easy Ryder Autoflower. Try planting your seed directly into the final pot because Autoflowers don't have time to recover from shock. I planted mine directly into her final pot but I had some different issues.

You will be able to get maximum yield imo if you grow your autoflower in coco outdoors, especially this time of the year. You can either use Nutriplex or the Biobizz range as nutrients. I don't have experience with any other nutrients.

Hi all.

Seems like there is some good wisdom floating in a fat cloud.

I have been growin for a while and if you transplant at the right time then you can prevent shock.

im trying to add some pics of my pot transition and hight management

keeep blazing

"real ganje farmers dont see drought"

2016-10-27-633.jpg.80cde55d2a24f969fd27e81c0c7d4756.jpg

2016-12-02-736.thumb.jpg.e3ee037dda6ff88b2ed503073e6a3f8f.jpg

2016-10-24-625.jpg.442200640c8a78aa37c0be0854a70c76.jpg

2016-10-26-627.thumb.jpg.027f348a2aa5b20b3833bb830c858da0.jpg

2017-01-08-899.thumb.jpg.2bc609a9f47a9bcf4f91414d5a9bf8e9.jpg

2016-09-04-532.jpg.3e0fb6ef9be703bfee71b5bfea2cb9eb.jpg

2016-09-23-547.jpg.a49b15d79662528d52f8d67b06287d28.jpg

Hi

Thanks everyone for all your help.  I've germinated my seeds, bought bigger pots and have planted my seeds in the coco perlite mix. 

Do I keep the pots in the shade or directly in the sun?  Its been very hot in Cape Town lately, I dont want to kill the seedlings.

Thanks for the guidance.  Will be posting some pics soon.

Pots are ready

These pots are fine, depending on the end size of your plant, and I think you said you need something a little more mid sized, because of neighbours?

I personally use these, however would top them up with more coco-perlite. You get very nicely sized plants from these, any bigger is a mission to care for :P