Scotts OG and Bag seed

cheese420

So I am onto the next grow which is a fem Scotts OG from Rare Dankness and 1 random bag seed which showed some impressive growth when I was trying out jiffy pellets that I couldn't just let him/her go yet.

The system environment is the same as the Sugar Haze grow...400HPS for veg...Going to try get the MH this time and then a 600W HPS for flower.

The only real difference this grow is I am trying the 6/9 from  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683 except I have been using the EHG nutrients. Working well so far been feeding at full 6/9 since quite young everyday.

Today I noticed some small black flies and believe it may be fungus gnats....Was not many but I am now going to dry out the coco and have applied some diatomaceous earth to the top of the coco in hopes it will kill any new borns or larvae. If it gets worse I'll get some organic insecticide.

The plan is to scrog this grow. The Scotts OG has been topped once already

IMG_20160608_123453_zpslembgcct.jpg

The Scotts is in a 10 litre container with pure coco

The bag seed is in a very very small pot plant container and will be transplanted tomorrow. Its ridiculous how plants can get in coco with such small root space

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE- 5 days later

Thanks trail! I'm looking forward to finally trying some OG kush variant

I have taken away the bag seed plant as I have made my scrog frame and just need to add the string to it. I prefer to just have the one plant and focus on it from here on out.

I am loving the 6/9 nutrient scheme....I haven't used my pH meter in a while as it naturally ph's to 5.8-5.9 after mixing...Plant seems to love it and has recovered well from the topping with no current signs of deficiencies

Will get a non-HPS picture for this weekend update

Since taking pic the area was cleaned and in bottom right is two potential clones in coco under a makeshift dome...Hoping they root soon

IMG_20160613_192406_zpsz0yxyfhp.jpg

Yeah I will be....I dont defoliate much though, onlyany big leaves blocking new growth shoots.

As to the flip I am not too sure...My scrog frame is complete but I dont think I have the time to use it on this grow anymore so I may induce 12/12 within next 2 weeks

• 2 weeks later...

@Dabtzar how are they fairing now? Did you get regular seeds?

I have run into some trouble...Flowering seemed to be going well, this plant is very bushy with tight inter-nodal spacing its hectic.

I started defoliating last week during some stretch and then after that I was tying some branches down and accidentally snapped two branches connected to the main stalk. I was so pissed off!! :cursing

Happened so suddenly....they did not come off cleanly so I attempted to get them back in place in hope the plant will mend itself....I think all of this has stressed her out a bit especially during flowering and I have been a bit skeptical of this plant as growth was seeming a bit unusual...hoping I never got a dud fem

Oh well this is day 10 of 12/12, going to ride it out and see how she is looking in next week

IMG_20160628_175914_zpsnmkoyapq.jpg

Yeah trail I'm not too happy....I have taken two clones which still need to root and I may give the genetics a second attempt with those

@GLO I shall get one with a proper camera tomorrow as attempts with my phone camera flash have not fared well.

Hey @420SA she is being fed with a pH of 5.8-5.9 always. The pH I have fed her with hasn't drifted out that range.

I haven't had any deficiencies this grow just very bushy growth....Honestly the real issue started after defoliation.

It wasn't a severe defoliation until I snapped two branches right at the point where the branches connect to main stalk :-hairpull

@GLO I dont think she was initially...she is looking a bit better I guess....The branches that had snapped seem to be lifting up but I couldn't see much signs of the affected areas mending themselves.

Here is a lights off pic from after a watering so excuse the run off

IMG_20160629_093846_zpszh1lvk80.jpg

My environment conditions seem stable and double checked pH for the feeding today again and it was exactly 5.8 so I feel patience and time is needed

@Dabtzar how are they fairing now? Did you get regular seeds?

Na I got Fem.

Smoked Scotts a few months back and liked it so much, didnt want to have to play with regs, Just wanted more of that smoke.

They are doing ok.  I had a small incident of letting the medium dry a bit and that slightly stunted them, but they shooting now that they have been topped.

Will drop a pic soon.

She is looking good bud, I would clean her legs to get her to rise up.. get more light into the canopy.

Well thats good to hear! I picked the Scotts OG due to smoke reports I have read and always wanted to try something kush dominant.

Yes please send some pics....6 under 1800W sounds hectic.

Definitely will do in next few days just allowing more room for recovery

Guest alemo

Perhaps too small.? Does the plant come away from the pot easily? Ie, if you grab the stem at the base, can you remove the pot really easily and see a fat root mass? Tis about right for coco, but that plant looks to have had a hell of a veg... Try up pot and see ;)

I highly doubt it is too small for coco...I cant actually try that at the moment because I have an object in the pot holding up one of the snapped branches so I may cause more issues trying that now.

The plant was quite bushy during veg but I never vegge'd that long...a lot of growth has shot up during this second week of flowering since the LST from week one....she definitely needs another clean up...but a more gentle one this time round :fish

Update - day 15 of 12/12

@Skolley hey man I decided not to transplant as I really felt 10 litres of coco is more than enough for her...she looks much better now so I assume she has recovered from the stresses of last week.

With regards to the stems it was a bit hard to get tape in the spot they broke but on the day they broke I had made a plan to keep the branches in place.

I'm much happier with how she is looking now. Still feeding daily with the 6/9 ratio of EHG nutrients of micro and bloom with a pH of 5.8

IMG_20160703_094234_zpsl2xzfiue.jpg

IMG_20160703_094223_zpsm4w9mzpo.jpg

IMG_20160703_094216_zpsqejnom7d.jpg