Is THCa Federally Legal?

reapergrowerX10

I recently came across an article about THCA carts and their legal status, and I wanted to get your thoughts on it. According to this post, THCA carts are considered federally illegal, but I've noticed them being sold at some stores near me, which left me quite puzzled.

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on this topic. Is this information accurate? How are these stores able to sell THCA carts if they're federally illegal? Are there any loopholes or state-specific regulations that allow them to do so?

I'd appreciate any input you might have on this subject, as I'm trying to stay informed and make responsible choices when it comes to cannabis consumption.

• Like 1

SA really stuck in the early 2000's when it comes to basic R&D. I just think it's a tiny loophole, cause our "leaders" are too klip dom to know what thca is and they're too lazy to do anything out of their own to research cannabis for the bennefit of the people. 🦧 they want money to go directly into their pockets so they focus on 💩 that doesn't help anyone besides themselves.

• Like 1

Has nothing to do with THCa... like any store selling weed, they are pushing their luck as there is no law to make it legal.. yet. If you piss off the cops.. they will still take you out. Lay low and don't make to much noise ^^ and the cops should leave you alone. 

Ever tried THCa? ^^ is a proper hit hehehe I would rate it a lot more brain 'humping' as THC.. so would surprise me if that is not regulated in a later stage. We still wait for legalization. 2020 they gave them self till latest 2023 to implement the personal use of canabis law (should have been done 2020 already). And me for my part will sue the ANC end 2023, if they didn't do the job again. I hope others will join me 😎 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, reapergrowerX10 said:

I recently came across an article about THCA carts and their legal status, and I wanted to get your thoughts on it. According to this post, THCA carts are considered federally illegal, but I've noticed them being sold at some stores near me, which left me quite puzzled.

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on this topic. Is this information accurate? How are these stores able to sell THCA carts if they're federally illegal? Are there any loopholes or state-specific regulations that allow them to do so?

I'd appreciate any input you might have on this subject, as I'm trying to stay informed and make responsible choices when it comes to cannabis consumption.

Maybe ask on an American forum. We don't live in a federal government system, this is South Africa. We also don't have states, we have provinces. 

THCA is regulated the same way any other cannabis product is in South Africa. It is illegal to sell and trade*. (Real world results may vary.) 

It is legal in certain USA states because THCA is not a recognized compound according to the federal law on cannabis and this is why certain states in America may freely sell it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It’s my understanding that thca is the acid form of thc as fresh on the plant. Once heated it decarboxolates and becomes thc. Thus the need to smoke/vape etc. for the heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Fire! 1

Yebo, heat strips the A and leaves THC, this is why we need to decarb for edibles. 

Can't get high with the A still present, basically if you vaping or smoking THCA in any kinda way heating it up before consuming, you actually just consuming THC. 

THCA raw wont get you high unless it's heated at some point. 

Basically, the reason why you can find CBD products on the shelf of dischem, clicks and basically every second commercial store is because cannabis is being regulated to some degree. It is legal. There's some movement, it's not like we stuck in the boendoes and the government sees "only dagga". that's a crude way of looking at it, especially since we have seen a whole lot more freedom for the cannabis community. Obviously it's not 100% legal, but to say it's still 100% illegal is just as ignorant. 

Our government sees CBD and hemp (a dagga leaf lable that has CBD or hemp written on it is good enough) and everything else is still under one umbrella. If it has a dagga leaf on it that doesn't read CBD or hemp - it's illegal. 

What I mean by SA being far behind on R&D is a very broad spectrum statement, you can see it in all factors. Our whole country is a "developing" country - has been for yeeeeeeeeeeeeaars 🤦‍♂️ - but instead of moving forward into a developed country we are moving backwards into an underdeveloped country. our "leaders" will waste their own time on 💩 that's important to them and still miss and slip up. 

when it comes to shit that's important for the country and its people they don't give a fuuuuuuuuuugggg... they're such air heads and the fact that we're so far behind leaves space for many many many maaaaaanny loopholes. 

almost like the guys taking these big chances are taking advantage of the level of understanding from our "leaders" side. 🤣 

cat and mouse game, we're one step ahead of them, but as soon as they catch on to the fact that some people outside of government was smarter than them they throw a hissy fit and make sure they rob you 

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
On 5/8/2023 at 6:56 PM, reapergrowerX10 said:

The thing is tha those THCA carts have a very low amount of THC so it's like almost not taking anything at all. Many governements in EU and US are looking away from this, but in SA things are still a little bit blurry. I would not play with fire given that you have to be manipulating THC for this purpose. Also decarbolyxation is pretty complex to be done by yourself at home.