4 x Blue Dream Indoor - Starting off fighting The Claw

PippinTook

We're 39 days since germination. Growth is strong but a tad off, where the new growth is quite pale and some of the fingers become inverted so that part of the finger is turned upside down. It looks rather spindly. They eventually grow into good looking but skinny leaves.
Many leaves lower down end in a curled Claw. This is apparently due to me using nutrient-enriched soil as well as "salt nutrients" resulting in nutrient toxicity. 

Anyway I took some photos. They're perfectly good plants just need a bit more attention

The claw.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

12 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

Depends what soil you are using. Some can go a few weeks without much in the need of nutrients. 

People grow successfully with mineral based nutrients in soil all the time. You flush soil after the harvest before next grow. 

organics you build a biosphere over time, using synthetic nutes in living soil is counterintuitive as the most important part of living soil is the life in it and synthetic nutrients are all harmful to microbes. plus you never flush living soil, that's the point. if you flush is you turned it somewhat inert and gotta start rebuilding, though if you gona keep using salts you gona get salt build up and root zone problems such as nutrient lockout. if you need to flush and keep flushing it's cause soil and coco/water holds onto things differently and if you flush the soil enough you might aswell be growing in coco anyway. only difference is there will be less root stress in coco with synthetics. 

soil + synthetics = asking for trouble and flushing will prolong the problem.

it's either or with those. don't mix grow style.

to the people using synthetic nutes in living soil, no bad rep no bad energy no funny business no back and forth none of that childish shit, but rather don't educate others when one doesn't really understand the whole thing clearly. we can all help eachother and I hope I don't rub anyone the wrong way, I hope to be constructive. 

take some time, sit back, roll a few fatties and watch this. 

• Like 1

Its true that microbes play a large part in breakdown of chemical compounds in living soil to feed the roots. You can however feed the roots directly by means of mineral nutrients. The microbes in organic soil break compounds down into the exact same elements. One can grow either way. In hydro a similar scenario exist between sterile and live systems, again both work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

Its true that microbes play a large part in breakdown of chemical compounds in living soil to feed the roots. You can however feed the roots directly by means of mineral nutrients. The microbes in organic soil break compounds down into the exact same elements. One can grow either way. In hydro a similar scenario exist between sterile and live systems, again both work.

This is all true 😊 though I wasn't really saying one cannot grow with synthetics, it's been proven and done for many many many years, infact when you sit at the table with big time farmers and talk "conventional farming" you're talking about synthetic nutes. that's how much people use synthetic nutes. the food you eat was grown with synthetic nutes.. there are more synthetic nutrient growers than organic.

I also didn't even touch on any effect it has on the body once you consume any product that's grown with synthetic nutes, though this is a problem aswell and the ignorance around marketing synthetic nutes as "the plant breaks it down the same way as orgaincs" is getting older than sliced bread. It's not the talk of the town anymore, it's nothing new. 

the big problem is the "conventional" part. it shouldn't be conventional. 

It literally kills microbes. There is no arguing that and what is EVERYTHING made of? Microbes. Everything comes down to microbes man, everything depends on it.

It starts with the sourcing, extracting and manufacturing of the synthetic nutes that's not needed in the first place that's got a huge impact on our planet long before you pay R100 for distilled water with R0.01 worth of synthetics in, long before you get your hands on the final product it's already done so much damage just to get it to you. Huge machinery, mining, factories, packaging, transport and everything surrounding all that and all that has to go into the end product. I just feel it's 2023 man, we collectively as a planet went from full organics to "conventional farming", if a person argues that it's impossible to make the change back then I don't know what to say to that person. I'll just respectfully stop talking.

Organics is detremental to this industry, cause once you go full organic you stop using nutes, even the "organic" lables. you literally go over to giving tap water and learning how to use your waste as nutrients. 

And if the argument is that not everyone has time, that is such ignorance, cause doing anything hydro related takes at least twice as long if not longer and the headaches surrounding the finer detail such as ph and that shit. I don't get it, I don't find it "cool" anymore. It was when it was new, but even the hype around how it's so much better than organics, when it really isn't, it was mostly just bias. eh.... I'm just over synthetics. 

Trust me my brother, watch the documentary, you'll understand where I am coming from. I've only scratched the surface here 😅 😉 It's got nothing to do with how the plant uses the stuff.

• Like 1