Lighter litter

jabulanithehutt

Question

I use a Dynavap and need a jet lighter. Problem is they last only a few months because no matter the price of the lighter, it will have a poo plastic piezo ignition that wears out.

Can't get replacement piezo ignition easily. I just want one lighter that lasts forever instead of a box full of broken ones.

What do you guys do? Should I just buy a Zippo with a jet flame or a brulee torch that hopefully doesn't have a crap ignition?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

@jabulanithehutt 

I know exactly what you talking about man, you pay R500 for a massive piece of plastic with a sleek design and a piece of rubbish inside that lasts only a few uses. 

this one been working for me for well over 5 years now. Not daily use, but every other day. The brand is ZenGaz, Outdoor Warehouse keeps them, you can try Cape Union Mart. Phone around the local outdoor gear shops and ask if they keep ZenGaz blowtorches before driving all the way out. Best part, everytime I see them at Outdoor Warehouse they cost R199... have been on that price since I got mine loooooong ago.

20221013_060612.thumb.jpg.ef240fa917c81ec049e9306b4077ba8f.jpg

Alternative to that, before buying another R500 piece of rubbish, rather run in by the hardware shop and buy a welders torch for R299.... Just keep it on the lowest setting at all times or you gona melt the metal 🤣 

I use this one on quarts banger for dabs, 3 seconds and the whole banger is glowing 😅 

20221013_060652.thumb.jpg.d0b4917cec859a2e10b924f145f62525.jpg

Brulee torch will also work, but the one I see here in the local bakery shop is R800 for something half the strength of this welding torche, bit better than the china ones in the smoke shops, but still not worth R800! 

As with all things in life, these items will last much longer if taken proper care of. 

I learned with the welding torch that it forces you to shut off the gas valve to put out the flame and then put the ignition back on lock. I've noticed that everyone I see using blowtorches do this almost by habit. You use the thing, before you put it down you close the valve and lock the ignition. I see on my ZenGaz one it had the same mechanics, a valve and a lock, since I picked up on that I use my small torch the same way I would my big one, and it's been, like I said, well over 5 years now. 😁 

Hope you get sorted quick quick!

• Like 2