Dripper info please...

Furbrain

Hi there,

I need advise please. I've just bought some netbows which arrived today. I'm using 20 ltr pots (indoor grow) and another 4x 20ltr pots (outdoor grow).

First question is are they too big for my pots?.

These were the only size sold by grow folk.

Maybe I could start the little ones (seedlings) off with an arrow dripper untill the root system is large enough to use the netbows ?????.

OR, should I try and get smaller netbows????.

Also, could someone kindly explain what amount and frequency should I aim to set my timer.... .  

I've only used watering can in the past so not sure about dripper systems. ie, do I have to let it drip until runoff?.

Sorry to seem a bit daft but I'm trying new ways of growing weed. I'm using hydrorox indoors and cannamix premium (in fabric pots) outside.IMG_20220808_161638.thumb.jpg.822cf5daf8369697a984ed22198abfe1.jpg

Appreciate any feedback....

Cheers...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Furbrain said:

Hi there,

I need advise please. I've just bought some netbows which arrived today. I'm using 20 ltr pots (indoor grow) and another 4x 20ltr pots (outdoor grow).

First question is are they too big for my pots?.

These were the only size sold by grow folk.

Maybe I could start the little ones (seedlings) off with an arrow dripper untill the root system is large enough to use the netbows ?????.

OR, should I try and get smaller netbows????.

Also, could someone kindly explain what amount and frequency should I aim to set my timer.... .  

I've only used watering can in the past so not sure about dripper systems. ie, do I have to let it drip until runoff?.

Sorry to seem a bit daft but I'm trying new ways of growing weed. I'm using hydrorox indoors and cannamix premium (in fabric pots) outside.IMG_20220808_161638.thumb.jpg.822cf5daf8369697a984ed22198abfe1.jpg

Appreciate any feedback....

Cheers...

Howzit bud, I have not used the netbow myself, but they seem to be quite a interesting and effective design,

With your choices you have made, you need to figure out the context and if things will work with your ideas, so I’m sure you going salts and plan on running them through the net bow, which I’m not sure if you can or cannot do, but for sake of getting through the explanation, let’s say it works in the beginning or the foreseeable future. 

I think they are the right size for the pot, just the medium might be an issue , also not too sure though, all drippers are effective because they are deigned to moisten the surface area of a medium that is similar to that of soil/peat/coco , hydroton has big holes inbetween each pieces causing the water to fall to the bottom faster, and not getting the full surface of the pot moistened nicely if you get my drift. One issue I see there. 

You’ve probably got a decent amount of hydroton there, which I recommend you still use, but only for the bottom 1/3 of the pots, then the rest you can fill with a coco/perlite or full coco buffered ready to go mix, whatever works best for the hydro guys at the moment, I even tried a peat soil and that did very well with salts. 

This recommendation is inline with the fact that I’m sure you want to use the netbows 

The the netbows need to be connected to a manifold, hydroponic have the best manifolds, I think it’s called a manifold bubbler for some reason, you can get a bucket or 5gal container, put a small water pump at the bottom, you want to have some holes in the pipe leading to the manifold to release pressure as I find there is always too much

The simply connect the water pump to a time, chuck a few net bows in a bucket and let it run to see how much water is coming out after a given time. You will need a digital timer, and set it accordingly, 5/7/10 minutes twice a day when plants are grown. In the begining don’t bother with it, small plants need love and care 👍🏻 Goodluck 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

Howzit bud, I have not used the netbow myself, but they seem to be quite a interesting and effective design,

With your choices you have made, you need to figure out the context and if things will work with your ideas, so I’m sure you going salts and plan on running them through the net bow, which I’m not sure if you can or cannot do, but for sake of getting through the explanation, let’s say it works in the beginning or the foreseeable future. 

I think they are the right size for the pot, just the medium might be an issue , also not too sure though, all drippers are effective because they are deigned to moisten the surface area of a medium that is similar to that of soil/peat/coco , hydroton has big holes inbetween each pieces causing the water to fall to the bottom faster, and not getting the full surface of the pot moistened nicely if you get my drift. One issue I see there. 

You’ve probably got a decent amount of hydroton there, which I recommend you still use, but only for the bottom 1/3 of the pots, then the rest you can fill with a coco/perlite or full coco buffered ready to go mix, whatever works best for the hydro guys at the moment, I even tried a peat soil and that did very well with salts. 

This recommendation is inline with the fact that I’m sure you want to use the netbows 

The the netbows need to be connected to a manifold, hydroponic have the best manifolds, I think it’s called a manifold bubbler for some reason, you can get a bucket or 5gal container, put a small water pump at the bottom, you want to have some holes in the pipe leading to the manifold to release pressure as I find there is always too much

The simply connect the water pump to a time, chuck a few net bows in a bucket and let it run to see how much water is coming out after a given time. You will need a digital timer, and set it accordingly, 5/7/10 minutes twice a day when plants are grown. In the begining don’t bother with it, small plants need love and care 👍🏻 Goodluck 

Thanks a million for reply.

I will be continuing with my setup with all this information in mind. When finished in week or so I will post some photos.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 8:01 AM, ORGANinc. said:

Greetings.....

All rigged and tested!. Each netbow produces the same amount and the 'drip' is constant, stable and soft👌!.

Each netbow produces +/- 1ltr in 10 minutes.

Wonder if I have to water until runoff in early grow?. I will be using fabric pots!.

Anyhow, I won't be planting until October but now feel quite excited to see how this system will work. 

Ttfn........IMG_20220813_145248.thumb.jpg.8a53f59892e2a0347d3d2732c69534a5.jpgIMG_20220813_145327.thumb.jpg.d9b550d7360bbc88d6fda112c8a9546d.jpgIMG_20220813_145303.thumb.jpg.9956097f09a63eff776fa7ac4815c36e.jpg

• Like 2

Greetings, 

I tried to get the 15mm pipe split evenly and 5mm pipes the same length. The system is gravity fed. Maybe it's more luck than judgement that all 4 netbows produce the same amount and in a nice soft delivery ie; won't bore holes straight to the base. Still have to see how it will work when set up with the substrate . Im only planting in October !. I'm guessing that you would probably need a reducer of some sort if you were running off mains pressure????.

Trial and error scenario...........

Good luck.....

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:09 PM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

you got this man 🤘 you got the right attitude to start with, you're waiting for the right time, planning nicely and getting everything nicely set up here. very good start! 

Many thanks for the encouragement. Still fine tuning. Will organise some sort of Oxygen bubble device also.

The reservoir is totally OTT @ (250ltrs). Didn't take into account that nutes need renewing at regular intervals so I'll probably only run max of 50/60ltrs at a time before refreshing. I will be using filtered rainwater +nutes for my girls nourishment. Tap water around here is ph8.5!.

Will try and suss out a growlog at some point.

Take care.......it's a jungle out there.

• Like 1