Stacking pesticides

wingwing

Hi,

In your IPM do you stack solutions or do one at a time? I know certain things shouldn't be mixed together but if I want to neem and do a MRoberts bio worm  can I put them in the same bottle for application? Also, if anybody knows common bio controls that should not be mixed would you mind sharing that?

thanks!

wing

• Like 1

for a real accurate answer you would literally have to research each product individually, get to know the active ingredients and see what and how they interact with others and see if any of the names link up 😅

to avoid all that work I would say be safe and rather do one at a time, that's how I do it and even then sometimes you can get some burn or stunting. 

If you're new to the whole thing I would say get used to doing regular IPM with one product, get the testy test see how it works in terms of how the plants react to it, you can add things to your IPM regime and later try to combine half doses of 2 different things and play around a little. 

with IPM stuff start with smaller doses and work your way up to full dose 

• Like 2

• Ill_Evan changed the title to Stacking pesticides
On 7/28/2022 at 7:37 PM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

would say be safe and rather do one at a time, that's how I do it and even then sometimes you can get some burn or stunting. 

If you're new to the whole thing I would say get used to doing regular IPM with one product, get the testy test see how it works in terms of how the plants react to it, you can add things to your IPM regime and later try to combine half doses of 2 different things and play around a little. 

tks man

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wingwing said:

turns out biogrow has some info on their website. It's a bit long for copy and paste so here's the link.

https://biogrow.co.za/garden-spray-programme/

I am not looking to mix what I spray, the way I do things has been working for me.

glad you found some info on biogrow stuff. you gona be using only Biogrow products?

they say you can mix their products, that doesn't mean you can mix all spray stuff all willy nilly. 

infact, if they say you can mix their neem with their copper soap, that doesn't mean you can mix any branded neem with any branded copper soap. 

they probably make their line of products so that they're compatible and synchronizable. same like with feeding, if you use BioBizz products you try to stick with BioBizz as there's a schedule. if you wana bring in a different brand of anything you have to go to the charts/schedules and check what's what so you can compensate for the new product and either give less or more of either thing. 

• Like 1

I was not trying to change your mind on your protocols it was not directed at you it was a continuation of the thread. I thought it was worth putting a link in so other people with the same question can get some opinions from the makers of the actual products and add that to the pool of information they use to make their own informed decisions. 

If you feel they are spreading any kind of disinformation or have an issue with their content I encourage you to contact them directly and set them straight.

Edited by wingwing
  • Like 2

I thought this paragraph from happyharvest was also worth adding:

Compatibility

BioGrow Bioneem is compatible with most fungicides, insecticides and fertilisers. Physical compatibility should first be checked by using the current blends of products in a small test jar. Growers should then test tank mix combos for phytotoxicity on a sample of the plant or crops prior to use.

Do not mix with oxidising agents such as bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Avoid mixing with strong acids and bases as they will disrupt the product.

For max effectiveness use spray solutions within a few hours of mixing. Do not store diluted solution for later use. Neem is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Shake well before use. Bioneem does not have an instant knockdown effect taking 3-7 days for death to occur. Due to the anti feedent effect, damage is reduced almost immediately. Apply in early to mid-morning or late afternoon.

Do not apply in temperatures above 30°C.

Active Ingredient

By mass Azadirachtin 1.5g/ℓ

Reg. no. L6958  Act 36 of 1947

Bioneem is an emulsifiable concentrate.

• Like 2

yea like I said here 😁

On 7/28/2022 at 7:37 PM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

for a real accurate answer you would literally have to research each product individually, get to know the active ingredients and see what and how they interact with others and see if any of the names link up 😅

to avoid all that work I would say be safe and rather do one at a time, that's how I do it and even then sometimes you can get some burn or stunting. 

with IPM stuff start with smaller doses and work your way up to full dose 

• Like 2