Community Question on flipping to flower

hopsandhash

I'm interested! What is the quickest yall have every flipped a plant, I've heard of 12/12 from seed, 2 week from seed? I'm contemplating on flipping sooner on a higher plant count, what has your experiences been, do you prefer a shorter or a longer veg? Or would you say it's strain depended

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hopsandhash said:

I'm interested! What is the quickest yall have every flipped a plant, I've heard of 12/12 from seed, 2 week from seed? I'm contemplating on flipping sooner on a higher plant count, what has your experiences been, do you prefer a shorter or a longer veg? Or would you say it's strain depended

You can keep a plant on 12/12 from seed until it starts flowering. But I highly doubt that will be 2 week in total. The seedling have not reached sexual maturity yet in my experience.

They will start to flower once they are past the seedling stage, depending on your environment and the circumstance, it will start flowering from 3/4 weeks after germ.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hopsandhash said:

what's good! 

well, first I have to throw a question back at you, if you don't mind. what do you wana achieve? A different interesting way to grow weed? or to harvest more regularly to have more weed? 

I feel small plants don't get to express themselves fully. 

always have an extra clone or two, during this time of the year I throw them outside for some extra buds, the smaller plants all finish up before the buds are fully formed. maybe this will be different indoors, never done it indoors.

there are countless different interesting ways to do this grow thing, but when it comes down to it more often than not people will find themself reverting back to the most basic old school ways. for good reason and I think it speaks for itself. 😉

I also agree with having the plant big enough to atleast get a couple clones off before you send it to flower. if you wanted to do that whole perpetual sea of green thing you'll need to run a constant clone setup to provide you with enough clones to keep the flower space filled. which means you won't be able to achieve this by just having one setup. or you gona have to source a bunch of clones somewhere the whole time which is not ideal either.

in that case, if you looking at 2 setups for different purposes, I would suggest the trusty old school pererual grow where you veg a plat for at least 2 months before flowering her and using this 4 to 5 month period to fill your veg space again.. which is more than enough time.... by the time you finished flowering, your veg space should be full again and you just carry on flowering. and repeat

trust me, MUCH less physical labour and headache working with just a few bigger / medium sized plants rather than a whole bunch of small ones.. 

you could even do a higher plant count, but still at least veg them for around 7 weeks till they medium sized, just so they get to express themself and you get to clone them without cutting 50% or more off the plant. 

hope this helps! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
That is hard question because you at least want to take a clone off the plant before you flip. I have done 3 and a half to 4 weeks before I flip. But I prefer 6 to seven weeks then Flip. Clones are fine to veg just 2 weeks then flip. 
Agreed on that. 6 weeks! Never thought of the clone thing I've only vegged clones once havent had the chance to flower clones! Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

You can keep a plant on 12/12 from seed until it starts flowering. But I highly doubt that will be 2 week in total. The seedling have not reached sexual maturity yet in my experience.
They will start to flower once they are past the seedling stage, depending on your environment and the circumstance, it will start flowering from 3/4 weeks after germ.

Yeah the sexual maturity is the thing, wonder whether it makes a difference running regs vs fems- do regs mature faster? I've got regs running now - not thinking of flipping too fash though

• Like 1

what's good! 
well, first I have to throw a question back at you, if you don't mind. what do you wana achieve? A different interesting way to grow weed? or to harvest more regularly to have more weed? 
I feel small plants don't get to express themselves fully. 
always have an extra clone or two, during this time of the year I throw them outside for some extra buds, the smaller plants all finish up before the buds are fully formed. maybe this will be different indoors, never done it indoors.
there are countless different interesting ways to do this grow thing, but when it comes down to it more often than not people will find themself reverting back to the most basic old school ways. for good reason and I think it speaks for itself.
I also agree with having the plant big enough to atleast get a couple clones off before you send it to flower. if you wanted to do that whole perpetual sea of green thing you'll need to run a constant clone setup to provide you with enough clones to keep the flower space filled. which means you won't be able to achieve this by just having one setup. or you gona have to source a bunch of clones somewhere the whole time which is not ideal either.
in that case, if you looking at 2 setups for different purposes, I would suggest the trusty old school pererual grow where you veg a plat for at least 2 months before flowering her and using this 4 to 5 month period to fill your veg space again.. which is more than enough time.... by the time you finished flowering, your veg space should be full again and you just carry on flowering. and repeat
trust me, MUCH less physical labour and headache working with just a few bigger / medium sized plants rather than a whole bunch of small ones.. 
you could even do a higher plant count, but still at least veg them for around 7 weeks till they medium sized, just so they get to express themself and you get to clone them without cutting 50% or more off the plant. 
hope this helps! 
Just a thought! I usually end up vegging for way ti long- will probably do between 6-7 weeks I'm really a winter grow seasonal type of guy! Thanks for the input and thoughts

• Like 1