Seedling Issue

cheese420

Guest kimcarsons

No ome cares anymore Cheese :P Tote I'm your way next month. We'll have to punch it out. Probably in the sea. Bring your biggest balls. I'm bring a full range of GHE. :D

@cheese420

Damping off is a fungus infection caused by a few fungi but the main culprit is normally Pythiun. Theses fungi thrive in cool damp conditions , this is why we try to keep out medium as dry as possible .

Some strains are more resistant to fungi , this is why some get it and some don't. Once one gets it you can be sure the spores are around all the seedling , strong genetics help to prevent it as well.

Cheers

GLO

@GLO I have definitely come to find that out the hard way.

Just read an entire thread about damping off in coco and how it happens quite often from coco bricks that havent been washed properly. I did take care to wash the coco I used quite thoroughly but guess it wasnt enough or may have needed more pressure added to it, to wash the salts off properly.

Have lost 2 bagseeds to the damping and one Auto. I transplanted the final bagseed and Auto to soil...I had to try something else I definitely feel that coco I used was not sufficient for a seedling. I hope they pull through but I am not optimistic