Flower Tent Log

Naughty.Psychonaut

On 10/28/2023 at 7:39 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Been smoke testing them all this past week, verging on 3weeks cure now things are starting to speak up. Clear winner #4. Extremely resinous, and I don't mean trichome count. Resin is something inside the trichome. Trichomes themself don't make you high. Looking at one singular mature trichome the stalk and outer layer of resin head is basically a mix of pure celluloce and silica. The resin inside the resin head contains the tetrahydrocanabinol in all different forms and qualities. All 5 these SSC cuts had about the same trichome production/count, yet only #4 fucked my scissors to the point where I had to clean between every second or third bud or else the scissor will get stuck. 

You can draw your own conclusions with that information, clearly a lot more can and should be said, but for now here's the report. 

1st Rundown -

10 to 12 weeks flower, had different expressions across 5 phenos, 1st plant to finish on week 10 but the rest clearly had to go longer, 2 plants harvested a week later and another 2 plants harvested on week 12. 

5 plants in 1 year mature living soil built with my own worm castings and a shit ton of ongoing KNF treatments (FPJ, FPE, FFJ, FFE, LABS, SST, JMS and more) unfortunately not no till as each plant got their own 30L pot, so I had to disturb when loading pots. 5 different phenos warrent individual pots to avoid root zone competition and get a fuller expression of charactaristics. If I do a monocrop I will run a bed.

Alternating between worm piss from my worm tower and clean water. One single topdress last week of veg. Jamies Elemental blend + Bat guano + Micronized Calcium.

Total weight = 365g

GPW = 1.2

#1 - 69g Gelato/Cookies terps. For the bulk suppliers this would be your pick on bag appeal alone. 

IMG_20231018_125128_797.thumb.jpg.1f576b54557f0eb32320084836fd1734.jpg

#2 - 77g Fruity/Floral terps with a hidden Gelato sweetness, but the least cookies leaning pheno of the bunch. 

IMG_20231018_125856_426.thumb.jpg.8713c8e0562577c004ee18c2e7ad5b13.jpg

#3 - 65g Straight Cookie sweet terps, most compact/smallest out of the bunch, really nice structure, rock hard dense buds. 

20231022_232628.thumb.jpg.808a4fa8e098a8027d00f036dd0fd3f4.jpg

#4 - The keeper. 74g Chemical/Gas terps hit you right in the face, with a lingering cookie sweetness, heavy flavour covers the whole inside of your mouth, can't smoke enough of her. I prefer green weed over purple too, may be a placebo by now, but purple is a turn off. This bud sticky as fuuuug. 

IMG_20231020_074941_197.thumb.jpg.80ea2cfaf98316b1e60bbddfdfb3b54f.jpg

#5 - 80g biggest yielder. Straight up and down Cookie terps all the way. 

IMG_20231022_114541_676.thumb.jpg.f3a16dc67237828ced513c46b62e9fe2.jpg

Additional info - Have not processed any of the buds cause they're all good enough to smoke just the way they are. Trim got stuck in the bag, wouldn't fall out even when I shake the bag upside down open. got it on video for those who wana see. Took 40g of the trim to the press, got 4.5g 1st press and 3.6g on the second press. Total of 8.1g from 40g trim gives me a fat 20% return on the trim alone 😅 on par with some of the best bud. Pressed Peanut Butter Breath buds, got a 25% return so I know it goes higher, but 25% is about maxing it out for now, I've heard about 30% returns, just haven't worked with it before. All videos of the trim/press/rosin and what what will be thrown up on my instagram page. ethnobotany.winelands 

Looks awesome. 

Can I get your advice on my next grow please. 

Im growing indoors with a 30l pot. The bottom half I use orgasoilux and the top half I use freedom farms soil(green bag). I veg for 2 months and I only use biodyne microbes and molassas through to flower. Girls are always happy. Then once I hit flower I either used diry hamds biophos or biobloom nutes. This run I was thinking of ditching the bottled organic nutes and topdressing 1 week before the flip. Will one top dress of elemental blend be enough to carry me throigh to harvest with molassas feedings and water only?. Or should I stick with liquid organic bottled nutes(biobizz bloom). Your help would much appreciated. I wouls include a photo of my last grow which I used diry hands bio phos during flower. Alternatvely if I go the topdress method for flower should I be safe and go for elemental blend from jamie or use my own mix for dlowe. I was thinking a mix of Dried kelp, malted barley, gypsum and worm castings. Since elemenatal mix has more amendments should I rather lean towards that. 

Thanks again

TH seeds - Orangesicle

IMG_20220611_190336.jpg

• Like 2
  • Fire! 1