Heisenberg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote from: Heisenberg on Today at 17:11:22

Mmmm now Im unsure about what I've done. I bought some Organasoilux from Jamie on friday and he didnt tell me anything about cooking. Infact, I told him that i've got a worm farm in my yard and he adviced me to dry the compost out and chuck a thick amount of it over my soil mix as a top soil and water as needed, the compost wont burn the plants in anyway. So now that my Baby North is already growing in "uncooked" soil, what am I missing out on?

I also bought 50L last week Friday from Jamie!

He actually advised me that I don't need to cook the soil mix BUT according to Toby's previous post in "So it begins - Feb 2015" his plants fried after transferring his to JGS Orgasoilux mix.  Best would be to confirm with Toby exactly how long it took before the plants started showing signs of being over-cooked and what he did to recover it. Check out @Toby 's post here: http://www.420sa.co.za/index.php/topic,341.45.html

Mmmm now Im unsure about what I've done. I bought some Organasoilux from Jamie on friday and he didnt tell me anything about cooking. Infact, I told him that i've got a worm farm in my yard and he adviced me to dry the compost out and chuck a thick amount of it over my soil mix as a top soil and water as needed, the compost wont burn the plants in anyway. So now that my Baby North is already growing in "uncooked" soil, what am I missing out on?

He actually advised me that I don't need to cook the soil mix BUT according to Toby's previous post in "So it begins - Feb 2015" his plants fried after transferring his to JGS Orgasoilux mix.  Best would be to confirm with Toby exactly how long it took before the plants started showing signs of being over-cooked and what he did to recover it. Check out @Toby 's post here: http://www.420sa.co.za/index.php/topic,341.45.html

Thanx, il read up about it. I suppose theres not much I can do now hey...

He actually advised me that I don't need to cook the soil mix BUT according to Toby's previous post in "So it begins - Feb 2015" his plants fried after transferring his to JGS Orgasoilux mix.  Best would be to confirm with Toby exactly how long it took before the plants started showing signs of being over-cooked and what he did to recover it. Check out @Toby 's post here: http://www.420sa.co.za/index.php/topic,341.45.html

Like @Toby mentioned earlier on my post. It's possible that Jamie adjusted his recipe for the soil. That's why he told me its not necessary to cook it. I'm already feeling optimistic now that your seeds have germinated in your JGS mix. I will be watching your grow for the first 2 weeks with interest. In the meanwhile I will continue to cook, wait and see.

@Heisenberg How are you going to prevent any light coming into your pc grow box when your lights are suppose to be off? OR do you plan on putting it in a dark area?

The inside of the pc is wrapped in foil. So the only light that would ever enter, is throw the rear exhaust fan. But, the pc is also underneath my desk to camouflage as a normal working pc. So the amount of light eventually reading the plant is so minimal.

@Heisenberg How are you going to prevent any light coming into your pc grow box when your lights are suppose to be off? OR do you plan on putting it in a dark area?

The inside of the pc is wrapped in foil. So the only light that would ever enter, is throw the rear exhaust fan. But, the pc is also underneath my desk to camouflage as a normal working pc. So the amount of light eventually reading the plant is so minimal.

Unfortunately the minimal light will not allow your plants to flower. :poke It needs total darkness for full flowering to be achieved.

He actually advised me that I don't need to cook the soil mix BUT according to Toby's previous post in "So it begins - Feb 2015" his plants fried after transferring his to JGS Orgasoilux mix.  Best would be to confirm with Toby exactly how long it took before the plants started showing signs of being over-cooked and what he did to recover it. Check out @Toby 's post here: http://www.420sa.co.za/index.php/topic,341.45.html

Like @Toby mentioned earlier on my post. It's possible that Jamie adjusted his recipe for the soil. That's why he told me its not necessary to cook it. I'm already feeling optimistic now that your seeds have germinated in your JGS mix. I will be watching your grow for the first 2 weeks with interest. In the meanwhile I will continue to cook, wait and see.

@Heisenberg I'm hoping that the soil you got doesn't need cooking , obviously so your plant won't get harmed. I'll try to get some of the same stuff. Or else it means i'd have to delay my grow by 2 months. 

@CerealKilla if you're worried about your JGS soil being too hot start your plants off in a mix like this which my seedlings and clones loved! 

2 Parts Potting Soil (DoubleGrow)

1 Part Worm Castings

1 Part Mushroom Compost

1 Part Coco Peat

1 Part Perlite

Once they've developed and are ready for a transplant move them into the JGS mix. That's what I did when I bought my JGS mix.

@CerealKilla if you're worried about your JGS soil being too hot start your plants off in a mix like this which my seedlings and clones loved!

1 Part Worm Castings

1 Part Mushroom Compost

1 Part Coco Peat

1 Part Perlite

Once they've developed and are ready for a transplant move them into the JGS mix. That's what I did when I bought my JGS mix.

Thanks @420SA! So that mix wouldn't require any nutes until the JGS soil is ready?

1 Part Worm Castings

1 Part Mushroom Compost

1 Part Coco Peat

1 Part Perlite

Thanks @420SA! So that mix wouldn't require any nutes until the JGS soil is ready?

Nope! Just compost teas. The plants showed no signs of wanting to be fed. It may depend on the strain though.

I'm actually currently experiencing issues with my JGS soil as well. My plants looked hundreds in the above mentioned mix though

Day 5 - Baby North

I'm not sure if I've got a different batch of Organasoilux but Baby North is doing fine. She's been on a simple water-once-dry routine with freshwater aquarium water and has now been moved to 6cm away from the lights mainly for the fact that the soil is warm and dries quickly by the distance from the lights initially. @SirSmokalot I have no issues currently.

5eb32008d66a50f56b4489a29ddb0251.jpg

As you can see, the tips of her second sets of leaves are on their way out.

Day 5 - Baby North

I'm not sure if I've got a different batch of Organasoilux but Baby North is doing fine. She's been on a simple water-once-dry routine with freshwater aquarium water and has now been moved to 6cm away from the lights mainly for the fact that the soil is warm and dries quickly by the distance from the lights initially. @SirSmokalot I have no issues currently.

5eb32008d66a50f56b4489a29ddb0251.jpg

As you can see, the tips of her second sets of leaves are on their way out.

Looking good @Heisenberg :poke  I don't see how your batch of soil will be much different to mine considering that we both collected on the same day but I will give it another week before I make a decision to stop cooking my mix. :thumbups

@420SA How long have you been using JGS mix and what kind of issues are you experiencing with it now?

I started experiencing a number of issues from nute burn to N Def to mag Def which most likely meant I've been over watering.  I'm holding back on the watering now and will see what transpires

@420SA How long have you been using JGS mix and what kind of issues are you experiencing with it now?

I started experiencing a number of issues from nute burn to N Def to mag Def which most likely meant I've been over watering.  I'm holding back on the watering now and will see what transpires

It looks like an overall problem with soil growing especially if you have been growing Hydro previously. I'm learning so much about growing in soil before I actually get started. I'm a bit of a perfectionist but very impatient. So growing in soil will be good for me. :-bow