Heisenberg's First Grow - "Cousin Larry""

Heisenberg

Guest OnlyTheGood

It sounds like you are risking pollination, are the boxes in the same room? What about pollen getting through a vent, crack, etc?

Post an up close, in focus photo of what you are concerned is a male flower and someone here will tell you for sure.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you are risking pollination, are the boxes in the same room? What about pollen getting through a vent, crack, etc?

Post an up close, in focus photo of what you are concerned is a male flower and someone here will tell you for sure.

Thanx Bro, I'll take a pic tonight and post it. Hoping that I was wrong and it wasnt a male.

Ok so now that I'm looking at really close up images I'm even more unsure. I don't see those small bulbs and pistils that you normally search for in a female. I just see lots of possible flowering sections (forget the correct name). Any help guys? From what I can see, what I thought were balls were actually just the smaller form of sets of leaves...

4c549a5985cad4222ce64f3997530d8c.jpg

1d0fd6171fd0792bf59d888b5982506e.jpg

2e560ce568c5b2ab9b3496e593b6eb23.jpg

8bd066d4a943286e58a5fea46fe24b27.jpg

Guest OnlyTheGood

Ahh you're right, my bad.

There are a good number of visible pistils, and I can't see any definitive male flowers, but I'm a little unsure of what the round looking, blurry thing on the bottom left node in your last pic is, it looks like it might be a male flower but would need a clearer picture to say for sure..

Ahh you're right, my bad.

There are a good number of visible pistils, and I can't see any definitive male flowers, but I'm a little unsure of what the round looking, blurry thing on the bottom left node in your last pic is, it looks like it might be a male flower but would need a clearer picture to say for sure..

I'm looking at it right now, it just looks like another collection of leaves forming. It's the same here:

cda550847a5588c48f8a4ac3a372cc75.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Other signs would be swollen calyxes which still hasn't happened by the looks of it. Still looks a long way off to be honest.

A shot of the entire plant would help :thumbups

Here you go. Not sure if you can see clearly, but the pistills on the bottom of the plant are still new and young. On the top however, 60% of them have curled in and turned brown.

DSC_0454.jpg

Also for those of you interested. There is a DIY macro lens you can build if you have a dslr, just cut a pringles tube to a certain length and spray it black, it goes inbetween your lens and Camera like so:

caf21778ced1918291f2003cf1159e52.jpg

And it produces results like this, very hard to achieve though. You need to be super still.

a6270d13bcd0c74aa3609ba384d84bc5.jpg

aaa6b190327ecd3dbf36f44557a1fad0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...