Need some good advice

HogsBreath021

Question

Hey peeps. 

I'm helping an elderly lady grow out these 12 plants (I assume they are photoperiod plants). 

As you can see they are already huge so need to flower them asap. I topped them about 1 week ago (no pics for that) and now I'm searching for the most cost effective lighting to get them budding. 

I used to start my plants on a 12/12 when they where round about 15mm to 20mm tall. These plants arent perfect I know, large inter node spacing etc. But i need to get the best that I can outta them. Old girl doesn't have much cash to spare. 

The plants are in a all in one potting mix purchased from a indoor growing suppliers shop so apparently its good mix. So no major running expenses foreseen. Just want to get these out looking ok and then use the capital from the crop for better equipment. 

I need your brains!!! No ... not to eat, just for advice. 😁

Shot allot guys/girls

IMG-20210523-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Howzit @HogsBreath021

How old are those plants? Have they been sexed yet? What area you growing in?

Normally cannabis will grow till they reach sexual maturity, usually at 4-6weeks, then they'll start flowering naturally. Because its actually the wrong time of the year, photo's should go into flower if you just put them outside. Depending on your weather this time of the year.

But I believe you are going to need larger volume bags or pots for flowering. Those plants are probably allready rootbound and in need of a transplant. Which would be very beneficial for plant health and eventual yield.

We're growing outdoors on the north coast with supplemental lighting to extend daylight hours to keep the plants in veg. Loadshedding and bad weather can cause problems, but so far our plants are flowering nicely.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, HogsBreath021 said:

Hey peeps. 

I'm helping an elderly lady grow out these 12 plants (I assume they are photoperiod plants). 

As you can see they are already huge so need to flower them asap. I topped them about 1 week ago (no pics for that) and now I'm searching for the most cost effective lighting to get them budding. 

I used to start my plants on a 12/12 when they where round about 15mm to 20mm tall. These plants arent perfect I know, large inter node spacing etc. But i need to get the best that I can outta them. Old girl doesn't have much cash to spare. 

The plants are in a all in one potting mix purchased from a indoor growing suppliers shop so apparently its good mix. So no major running expenses foreseen. Just want to get these out looking ok and then use the capital from the crop for better equipment. 

I need your brains!!! No ... not to eat, just for advice. 😁

Shot allot guys/girls

IMG-20210523-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20210523-WA0002.jpg

sjoe! nicely sized indeed! those stakes will for sure come in handy!

i am not sure they have been trained right for an indoor environment, so outdoor may be the way  to go...unless you dont mind using like 2 or 3 or your lights and flower them like that.

but maybe buy a few new seeds and show this granny what some real weed looks like!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1