Deficiency Advice

Slartibarfast

Hi, this is my latest grow of Fastbuds Blue Dream'matic. Growing in coco with the watering being handled by a Blumat. Using FloraCoco nutes.

Noticing what looks like calcium/magnesium deficiency on the leaves with some yellowing and brown spots. I am pretty sure the FloraCoco nutes has enough of everything the plant needs so I am worried that it's actually the pH rather. I bought a 3 way soil meter from Hydroponic Shop and it shows my soil pH at just over 7 but the pH of the water in my reservoir with nutes is around 5.8. Any suggestions on what should be done?

Also any ideas on getting more light to the lower buds?

The plant is about 9 weeks in now.

47e20657e4d5448475cb4184e45ff054.jpg9368296c4184d232d6aac2113b17e25d.jpg4fc55ce93394c48d18944085ea1db320.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Not sure I would trust that soil PH 3 in 1 meter thingy if you stick it into the coco.

You could try adding a bit of calmag to your nute mix if you wanted, otherwise if you are really worried about the ph in the coco then run a few liters of nute feed which is PH'd through the coco - perhaps 6L and let it pour out and this should help "flush" any excess nutes in the coco. So best to do it in a bath tub, shower or outside.

As for light penetration, remove some of the lower fan leaves and the dieing ones.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Slartibarfast said:

Much appreciated, I like the flush idea. Will try it out thanks! The plant is an auto, will it be safe to prune some of the leaves?

Yes, it is safe to do so.

Take a look at my auto flower grow, I did some serious leaf defol on some of my auto plants and I feel yield has been very good.

I got around 100g dry from the LSD-25, have not weighed the others yet and still need to finish trimming them.

EDIT: By now your auto has already formed the bud and it's either going to fatten and mature, or perhaps just mature. So I do not see any harm in removing some of the fan leaves, I do it all the time with my photoperiod plants from veg and all the way through the stretch / pre-flowering phase and even in flower and towards the end of flower.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking better after I switched to full strength nutes. Trichomes are looking mostly clear and cloudy with the odd amber here and there.

Any advice on when to flush then harvest? I'm on the 11th week now of this grow, really want some dense buds if possiblee4ef75cc2ed19023c2d47ed1da4e9301.jpgd261ed4c9c787f315dfc26deaeebe4f3.jpgebbc43bf76bec84eaf59f3c346798ac6.jpgd0a4c8205bc4b6fcdad341c5f0eaff98.jpg

• 2 weeks later...