New, higher leaves canoeing into a "V"

PippinTook

@PippinTook Ahh man, no clue what that Garden Gun is - but the active ingredient is not the same as the Insect Control spray.

I wouldn't have sprayed the Garden Gun stuff, one needs to be careful and specific with what is being sprayed. Not everything is safe to spray during flower. A bit late now though, what is done is done. Cannabis is also unique in the sense that we heat it and smoke it, we do not eat it like most other crops.

Some sprays are fine for crops which are eaten, but not necessarily safe to smoke.

The Garden Gun stuff says not to spray on edible crops...

image_2021-07-07_140035.png

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, PsyCLown said:

@PippinTook Ahh man, no clue what that Garden Gun is - but the active ingredient is not the same as the Insect Control spray.

I wouldn't have sprayed the Garden Gun stuff, one needs to be careful and specific with what is being sprayed. Not everything is safe to spray during flower. A bit late now though, what is done is done. Cannabis is also unique in the sense that we heat it and smoke it, we do not eat it like most other crops.

Some sprays are fine for crops which are eaten, but not necessarily safe to smoke.

The Garden Gun stuff says not to spray on edible crops...

image_2021-07-07_140035.png

I figured "Heating and smoking" isn't the same as eating haha. Plus I was hoping that because the buds haven't formed yet it would be okay because they will form after I spray and therefore not have any pesticide on them. I have no hard science to back this up, I'm just desperate and I'm looking for any shred of hope here.

Here are a couple images 3 days after the spray: https://imgur.com/a/l9MSQ85
Some leaves are still turning yellow by the day but the biggest change I've noticed is many of the white tendril pistils have actually turned brown, it looks as if there is +-2 weeks left until harvest.

I don't know how this plant is going to turn out but it will at least be a learning experience for me but damn am I going to be annoyed if she dies on me 😞

what's up pippin does that spray work systemically or on contact? Systemic stuff gets getting upsorbed by the plant and will remain inside the plant for quite a while. doesn't matter if you don't get it on the buds, it will be inside the buds. 

if somethings not OK to eat, because of chemical composition, I would rather not take a chance and assume I can smoke it. 

the white pistils that turned brown is not good. you have stunted bud development. 

Keep an eye on the plant, 1 of 2 things will happen. Best that could happen is it might sit and do nothing for a while and then return to normal and push buds. Worst that could happen is the plant will completely stop to grow. 

I had a friend recently spray Neem oil on his flowers, to help with thrip controle, all the pistils turned brown and a week later 2 of the plants completely stopped growing and started slowly shriveling up more and more to the point where he just tossed them. other 4 plants took about a month to recover, some made reveg foxtail looking buds, plants took forever to mature. when harvested the buds did not seem right.

@PippinTook As mentioned, if chemical is systemic then the plant will absorb it and it can remain active in the plant for a couple of weeks. How safe this spray is in terms of smoking the buds, I have no clue to be honest.

The browning of pistils is likely caused by the spray.

I'd say either chuck the garden gun, or keep it for ornamental plants around your house / property.

Get some of the Efekto eco insect control and keep it for next time / just incase. Can be sprayed in veg and flower and works really well. Best to not spray 3 weeks before harvest though, always a good idea to do a preventative spray just before putting the plants into flower.

6001379103266-zoom.jpg

Monitor the plants and see how they do 🙂  Maybe try do some research on the active ingredients on the garden gun and see whether it may be harmful to smoke the bud on these plants and get a better understanding of how they work etc.

• Like 1