A New Begining A New Start

Guest kaiju

Guest kaiju

Hey guys and gals

Its been a while, I have just been sorting things out and I have gone back to the basics. I will keep a grow report going but for now this is what I have going.

Cinderella 99

Amnesia Haze

Skunk 1

Exodus Cheese

Most of these plants where not doing so well when I had them in the Hempy bucket system ( still is a great system but not the style for me, my mate is getting amazing results off it )

I have gone back to organics its something I know and it shows. Hope the pics are ok you can see the progress of the plants. I have topped them all a few times and also just recently I pruned them.

These pics where taken on the 14th of this month

Amnesia_Haze_Side.thumb.jpg.6c6d1c8098d1f3cca26d65a0300aba3a.jpg

Amnesia_Haze.thumb.jpg.6e2f95c834239c16de4e0d66554db08f.jpg

Amnesia_Haze_Top.thumb.jpg.c1b21ab1f437d8fee284d16c4f1759c1.jpg

C99_Side.thumb.jpg.8dd8fed271158183390a51672bc32a4a.jpg

C99_Top.thumb.jpg.eb22b2ef3c4163d2018cdeaf761fe328.jpg

Cheese_Top.thumb.jpg.3f3b6369b6ce7bdb04bbc283b5b925f2.jpg

Cheese_Top_2.thumb.jpg.b00d4200aa1e46bc7595309767070f3d.jpg

Cheese_Side.thumb.jpg.1239c001a42c79432e4a137ff1c8c773.jpg

20150614_154349.thumb.jpg.6b10faa45bcbc1d15baab17905837e1a.jpg

Guest kaiju

This is the next lot of pics I have. These where taken today and the date is the 24th so 10 days from the last pics. These plants have been pruned

The little one is the Skunk 1, She is a survivor, the mother because of me started to die I took a few clones off her, out of all those clones and poor cloning habits ( I freaked out as usual ) only 1 survived she was also almost at deaths door and bounced back so I am very happy she is making a come back.

My soil is due to a friend helping me get back to basics I added 1 or 2 things but a big thanks to my mate for the help

Mushroom compost

Potting mix

Perlite

Rooibos Mulch

Superior Peat

Turbo Grow

Dried Kelp powder

Feeding it just water and once a week giving it the GHS powder feed

Skunk_1.thumb.jpg.c5749a3353b713c894e14c473d31ca56.jpg

Amnesia_Haze_Side.thumb.jpg.8e6ef52f4a23edc62e000b3fcde4fee5.jpg

Amnesia_Haze_Top_2.thumb.jpg.173cbd1cb2b04d43989dd4ea0b2dd3f0.jpg

Cinderella_99_Top.thumb.jpg.74ab26cb61f10f63306edeb9b7d92c87.jpg

Cinderella_99_Side.thumb.jpg.592caaaebb574bfd1956c49c34536bba.jpg

Cheese_Top.thumb.jpg.b0e967d76c41a7f37201bf3ae4891e92.jpg

Cheese.thumb.jpg.22a4262e8eef29364df86539dc1fd020.jpg

Cheese_Side.thumb.jpg.b4c23d1d8c87831acadab07b6c6e3eba.jpg

Guest kaiju

The C99 has been topped and used as a clone so now I have 2 shoots coming out the top and I took another clone ( topped ) her on the side so I should have 3 branches coming out the bottom

Guest kaiju

Hey cocopeat

Those mysterious pots are...........................................................................

Peppers / Jelapeno's / Habaneros and some peppa dews

Guest kaiju

GHS claim its a hydro and soil feed who knows, I hate GHS with a passion however i was curious trying out their nutes. So far its doing well but i most of the time just water with pure water and once a week i add some GoOrganic stuff to the mix. In all fairness i have only used GHS to feed them twice haha. and both times my leaf tips burnt so i stopped lol.

But shot bud for the comments

Looking good, when are you flowering there Bertus?

I still have a lot of GHS powder if you're interested... the grow and flower one.. we can make a trade.. lol

I always used the Bio Bizz stuff then moved off it with experiments that never really worked... now I'm back on Bio Bizz and happier than ever.

I've even had good results with Sea-Grow and Thrust which I got at Jaime's Garden Shop but the fish smell is quite hectic for indoor haha.

Let me know about he GHS nutes if you keen!

Guest kaiju

Ok so seems im going with Biobizz i think a grow , bloom , top max , Alg a mic , 

If anyone else has a suggestion let me know, but do i need the bloom if i have the topmax?

And is fish mix only really for outside use? Anyone with experience using this product? Shweet I hear it smells like the ass of camel sitting in its own shit for a week ( not sure what that smells like but i will believe my mate that its bad )

Guest kaiju

Howzit bru 

Mushroom compost - Stodels ph 6.5 ( says so on the packaging haha)

Potting mix - Stodels

Perlite - The hydro shop 

Rooibos Mulch - Stodels

Superior Peat - Stodels Ph at 5.5 - 6.5 says so on the packaging

Turbo Grow - The Hydro Shop

Dried Kelp powder - Pick n Pay health food section ( http://www.wellnesswarehouse.com/shop/health/complementary-medicine/herbal-remedies/kelp-powder/ )

Guest kaiju

No the mushroom compost will raise the ph a bit and no i dont put lime in. I did use my mates ph pen and tested the run off and im getting between 5.8 and 6.4 so im cool i think hahaha.  I do use reverse osmosis water which is stable at 6.5 ph tested.  But i will most certainly keep an eye out on my ph 

Thanks for that

Hi bud

You need lime and it needs to cook in the soil for at least 2 months.... a ph of 5.8 in soil is scarey and the fact that it's going between 5.8 and 6.4 is even more worrying , that's a major difference... you going to start getting lockout

You have nothing to help buffer the soil and you are going to either get a major drop in ph or its going to be all over the place. You can think olof it this way just like you need a buffer to watch videos on the Web your plant needs that buffer in the soil for happy roots.

Peat in my opinion does not belong in a cannabis grow because of the really low ph , coco coir is the best.

I hope I am wrong bud but you skating on a very thin line atm with your soil.

Cheers

Reaf

downloadfile-5.jpg.f74e074a53a9afa33d92e725534bde56.jpg

Guest kaiju

I honestly wouldnt know hey if so then, shit! but if not then i dont know hahaha. I was a coco grower then i went to soil then i went to flood and drain then ebb and flow and then dwc then soil then hempy now soil haha.

I know alot about nothing it seems, so im hoping to focus my attention on one thing at a time and im willing to learn so any help would be appreciated. I have always jumped around trying to grow big ass plants as quickly as possible ( but healthy too ) and from all my jumping and touching i just mess up. 

So now its soil organics and im sticking to it till i master it. My brain is a sponge peeps and info would be great

Peat in my opinion does not belong in a cannabis grow because of the really low ph , coco coir is the best.

Been doing a lot of reading up lately, heard of Clackamas Coot? lol His recipe has quite a lot of Canadian Spaghnum peat moss in, which he then buffers with oyster shell or in our case we can use lime. This is a recipe that a lot of people are swearing by.

Does peat moss have any considerable nutritional value which would make it a better alternative to coco(provided it can be buffered correctly)? Have you tried peat moss in your mixes Reaf?

Guest Maxwell

Mastering organics is something that may take you the rest of your growing career. A good start would be to start researching the different groups of micro-organisms that do the work. Learn about which organisms give your plant what, and how best to culture them. Then I'd start getting your soil analyzed by a lab, keep track of everything and refine your mix. Have a look on international forums, plenty of guys with soil tests and subsequent discussion. Basically we're talking about micro-biology, a science.

Guest kaiju

Update 

Hey everyone, well i have been very busy, i got some amazing things happening for me in the future and seems all 3 experiments are working well

IMG-20150706-00464.thumb.jpg.16d47286b55d61ece5974248d37ef915.jpg

IMG-20150706-00461.thumb.jpg.4ee782d00727bf4f25a0526eab22447c.jpg

IMG-20150706-00461.thumb.jpg.aec1e6997a4e407547741f8469536d45.jpg

Guest kaiju

I have added 6 new ladies to the mix, Training Day by DNA Genetics. Using those weed covers you buy at stodels that you lay on the floor before you put your soil down to stop weeds coming up. Just buy a sheet of that cut out your pots sow together and bam you have your own smart pot or air pot. Roots get air pruned and shoot out feeder roots. Wick feed it in a way they remain in the buckets and you just fill with water it sucks it up and the air around the pots keeps everything happy as you can see

The Air pot has the cheese toppped and bent and and amnesia haze next to it at the back has been bent and topped going to flower the 6 training day and the 2 big ladies in 3 weeks and ill keep the skunk and the cinderella 99 going, im in no rush want to see what sort of plant ill get with a month of training