Second grow wobbles

Dookie69

I hope my seeds germinate. I’m in the process of germinating 8 x Dynafem Auto’s. My plan is as follows:

Soak seeds for just 12hrs;

Place them into prepped Jiffy Pellets in an incubation humidity dome;

Let them germinate and move them in the Jiffy directly into the final medium (Freedom Farms F1).

This way the tap root will not be at risk of possible damage, and the root will immediately have access to a decent medium in the Jiffy.

Anyway I followed my plan and today I prepped the Jiffy’s and realised once I had the seeds out of the cups, that I didn’t know which way round to place the seeds in the Jiffy hole! Both ends looked the same, especially after soaking for over 12 hrs.

So if the seed was placed upside-down then some of the roots might grow upwards out of the medium into air, considering the plan was to keep the jiffy’s in the dark.

So after puzzling a bit I’ve decided to place a small screw-in LED light bulb high over the clear incubation dome in the hopes of giving the newly germinated seed some sense of which direction to grow in.

There is around 10mm of F1 on top of the seeds at present. (So the light shouldn’t effect the seed adversely, right?)

It might not be too late to get the send out and into paper towel... but I’m not keen to stress things out.

Any opinions?

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

All eight of my Dinafem seeds spouted! The last one took so long I assumed it was a dud, so I started germinating another one in case.
Some of them look a bit ‘runty’ but I’ll give them a fair chance.

I found a relevant topic on a growing forum about seed orientation.

5791f2dfa3de9b147e1f5501da46a570.jpg

If they all succeed then I’ll just run 5 plants in the 5x5, and four in the 4x4.

Since I only had 8 x Air Domes for my 8 pots, and since everyone is closed till early Jan, I had to get creative with a rice strainer and a flexible aquarium air ‘stone’ to make the 9th Air Dome.

bd58e5f57246ee45a5ee5b1a40311d36.jpg

bc61b3387ebdd6616b1346d1c388ebd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1