Hello everyone

Thunder Grown

I've been growing for three seasons now, mostly autoflowers outdoors but we've recently finished building a small greenhouse so I can hopefully grow some photoperiods along side the autos. 

I recently got a mars hydro 70x70cm tent with a Liontree 100w double barrel LED light as a veg tent so I can start my plants indoors before moving them outdoors, I have been very impressed with the growth so far. The ones growing now are some Pure African Sativa by Green Smoke Room, just over two weeks since sprout.

grow_tent.thumb.jpg.0460bce18c195b1b0c0ddfea672bd707.jpg

My greenhouse is made with glass doors in the front and sides and poly-carbonate on the roof and back with a wooden frame, I have two fans for circulation, a dehumidifier and an air cooler to keep the temps low and humidity up in the heat.  The dehumidifier has been a lifesaver as it's gotten me through many thunder storms already.   I also have a 12 blumat system to keep the pots from drying out the living soil. I love growing outdoors and this greenhouse has been wonderful so far.

I have a couple plants I'm going to harvest next weekend with the Sweet N Sour by Mephisto looking like my favorite.  Trumps Cookie Jar by President Seeds also turned out to be a monster for some reason, excited to see how it turns out as it's taking it's time. 

mephisto_sweet_n_sour.thumb.jpg.4d4dd8aad3b161b0d388d8b24ac2b762.jpgTrumps_Cookie_Jar.thumb.jpg.39cfe946c0fe8fe246ce2f28924d8c82.jpg

My goal this season is to learn how to clone, how to reverse females, and learn how to do some old fashion regular breeding.  I have some Blue Orca Haze seeds from Swami Organic Seeds that I got from Arbour Collective and I want to make some more seeds from those and hopefully get a good male so I can start some pollen chucking with my other strains and see what I get.  I have also been trying to support some local breeders, excited to try out some Head Honcho Genetics and Motherland Genetics.  I may have developed a seed addiction though.  Managed to snag some Sakura by Bodhi as well, hoping that will be some good night time medicine for my insomnia.  Just waiting till around mid January to start some of these photoperiods as I don't want them getting too big.  I love trying all these different genetics to see what excels in my environment.

seeds.thumb.jpg.bb8c90a0ed3899532962204ca038c8b8.jpg

I still have much to learn in this amazing hobby, I grew up smoking dank in California and want to reach that level of quality I remember.

Edited by Thunder Grown
  • Like 8

whats up! welcome to the forum!!

if its Cali quality you are after, you wont find it outdoor bro... 

gotta get your indoor setup up to scratch or all you are gonna be harvesting is not gonna reach the quality spectra you are after.

it will be decent smoke dont get me wrong!! but you are aiming for the galaxies and outdoor doesnt take you there bud.

but come! learn how to clone and reverse and manipulate this wonderful plant!! we can guide you to a realm where cali weed will smoke like jut compared to your cuisine.

give us time...we will give you quality advice and make sure you bring down the best you can grow!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CreX said:

whats up! welcome to the forum!!

if its Cali quality you are after, you wont find it outdoor bro... 

gotta get your indoor setup up to scratch or all you are gonna be harvesting is not gonna reach the quality spectra you are after.

it will be decent smoke dont get me wrong!! but you are aiming for the galaxies and outdoor doesnt take you there bud.

but come! learn how to clone and reverse and manipulate this wonderful plant!! we can guide you to a realm where cali weed will smoke like jut compared to your cuisine.

give us time...we will give you quality advice and make sure you bring down the best you can grow!

I think I love looking at my plants through the greenhouse glass in the natural sun way too much to ever go fully indoors.  I grew some Jammy Dodgers by Mephisto last season but had to harvest early so it was a bit too racy, but the potency was certainly there, if I can nail decent potency and taste I will be pretty happy where I am at.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bakstein420 said:

Hey bro, sounds like you got an awesome green house setup going. I'm keen to hear your thoughts on any of the Mephisto strains that you've previously grown. I been wanting to try them for ages.

Part of the reason I want to learn to reverse females is to take my remaining mephisto seeds and make more of them.  I wouldn't mind always having a mephisto or night owl auto growing in the greenhouse.

I found them quite sensitive to grow though, definitely start them out in a seedling mix or coco in a veg tent to nail the first 30 days without any stress.

The Jammy Dodgers was a very strong indica high that shows up fast, very nice sweet smell and taste.  Hard to grind since it's so sticky.

My sweet n sour has a strong sweet smell, looking very frosty currently, she's supposed to be mainly sativa so I'm looking forward to trying her. Very nice structure and growth.

sweetnsourmephisto.thumb.jpg.c78f23ed122beb9ab45208fae0244396.jpg

I also have a Cremetasmo, she is a bit short but smells wonderful.

• Like 2