Jaws Gear Breeder Test #34

Hi everyone 

I have been fortunate enough to be given the chance to test some new beans for Jaws Gear , as some of you may know i have done testing for Bodhi , strainhunters and a  few smaller breeders but this is my first time testing Jaws Gear and i hope not the last since i love their genetics.

Strains:

1 Black Cherry Kush - Black Chherry Soda x Banana kush

2 Banana Pebble OG - Banana Kush x Fruity Pebbles

3 Lemon Sour Doja - Lemon Sour Deisel x Alien Dojo

4 Black Cherry OG - Black Cherry Soda x Fruity Pebbles

5 Alien Pebble OG - Alien Cookies x Fruity Pebbles

6 Altered States - Girl Scout Cookies x Dark Matters

Lighting:

Sprouts- CFL

Seedlings -led

Veg- MH

Flower - HPS

Medium:

Organic super soil ( my personel mix)

Feeding:

Biobizz , AACT , Mollasses

I Placed the beans to soak for 6 hours in water with 2 drops of a germination booter i have been working on at a tempreature of 23degrees c

20150522_165636_zps0hwljs4f.jpg

I then placed the seeds in the propergator at 23 degrees C after 6 hours of soakng

20150522_215604_zpsqwm8twiv.jpg

20150522_215741_zpsqokqhko9.jpg

Beans 24h after putting them to soak

20150523_142443_zps6ilkobpn.jpg

Beans 48h 

20150524_1738080_zpszzndizay.jpg

After just 72 hours i have sprouts so my first impressions on the genetics is very good. Unfortually 4 beans have not cracked yet but i put this down to the long journey these beans took to get to me with countless hours in the mail , but they may still surprise me

20150525_131808_zps1oa3mduy.jpg

*Propergator Side Note*

I thought i would stop here and explain how i setup my propagator for all those that aren't sure how to get started in a simple manner.

The propagator is a generic one u can get from most shops overseas while ordering beans , I like to put a good layer of growlite in the bottom to help retain just the right amount of moisture in the paper towel . you dont want it to wet or to dry lol it must be just right. What the growlite does is allow the paper towel to drain but still will keep it moist. I like to also add 2 drops of germination booster to the paper towel. I have also found the best temp for me is 23 

20150522_171851_zps9e5fzzr6.jpg

20150522_173144_zps6phu9lrn.jpg20150522_173033_zpsfzzdisce.jpg

I will keep this updated once a week 

Cheers

Reaf

Guest Maxwell

Very nice Reaf! I'm saving mine for a greenhouse in construction. Same line up :) Looking forward to seeing the spread of phenos.

Guest spootch

Wow things just got serious ! You don't need anyone to help test the finished product do you ? Maybe a trimmer perhaps? hahahaha ;)

Happy growing mate

Guest Maxwell

Regulars always :-hilarious:-meditate and guys it ain't that difficult. Join international forums and take part, there are plenty of freebies out there!

Hey Reaf

So I see you say Breeder Test #34...

Is this your 34th test batch you growing?

How do you select your males? what traits do you favour?

And how do you select your Ladies? Traits?

Im just curious on different methods to select desirable traits etc..

Peace

Guest Maxwell
:fish   Is there some kind of criteria for selecting? I always thought you "simply" choose the strongest/favourite/pheno that displays traits you want to carry through?

Fuk this priCk who says hes Jaws ...hes an idiot steals peoples genetics and has been banned by most breeders hes a pollen chucker folks and a complete asshole..been removed from most sites which is prob why hes now here if u respect an idiot like him you kno NOTHING about this scene ,. going backwards here...........but if u want to align with someone like him u putting yourself squarely in the firing line.........enough said

I actually had to go and have a joint to calm down after ready your comment holysmoke.

We are all entitled to or opinions and to voice them... it's just when they come out like a rant attacking me without knowing me or my story pisses me off. How hard is it to act civil ? 

Why attack me for doing what a close friend asked me to do ? Should I not share my experience either good or bad with the community? 

One thing I can say is that I am not bias.. I will say what I think good or bad and I do welcome your input as it adds to the whole log , besides if it is bad won't it add wait to your argument ?

I am not pissed of about your comments on the genetics , I am pissed of about being called an idiot and not  knowing anything... Bud I don't know you and you don't know me so how about we keep to the genetics weather good or bad and keep the personal stuff out of it?

Cheers

Reaf

Ps.. holysmoke if you had waited a day or 2 you would have seen my next updated on how temptrimental these genetics are and how a loy have died....but yea I hope you feel better after your rant

Guest Maxwell

Geez.... Well HSS this is a great example of how desperately SA needs input from international folk. How can you expect people to know the "ins" and "gossip" of this ever growing community when we (the average hobbyist) receive so little attention. Remember HSS, you were once here. Most of our community just cannot keep up with the international scene, and the only access to local reviews is what is provided by INDIVIDUALS. It is great to see your passion, but honestly when I see responses like that, especially given the platform (SA is still far behind) I have little inclination to support/engage with the parties. You left this country, probably for the same bull-shit reasons everyone does, and so you best remember your roots. Stop being a fucking martyr. No one likes a martyr. If your genes are better, then great. If Jaws gear is as shit as you say, then Reaf's log will serve as further evidence and reason to avoid them. Either way you should contribute constructively or stfu.

Ye ...look i appologise i dont usually attack peeps its not my style, so i do appologise,, juz really wound up about this guy hes been avoiding mE and loads a other breeders just want him dealt with  /.. its just that this guy Jaws has annoyed sooo many of us!! hes stolen genetics hides from us when we try approach ,, hes just a shithead ,, propa ...........so to see his stuff here well u can guess hes no saffa and hes trying get people grow his stuff here CAUSE no one else will ................but i dont need get riled bout it like that ,. but it is very annoying the ammount of work we all put in people like this just trying to ride our coat tails ,. the only way to weed out conmen is to keep on it constant where eva they pop uP !  didnt mean to divert this thread ,, dont mind if a mod wants to remove it just be aware that there a load of us looking for this guy ...thnx and soz ..

Guest Maxwell

Good to know where you come from HSS! I propose a sticky thread of dodgy breeders/unreliable genetics? As admin emphasised, all we know is what we read. You can/could buy Jaws from Cannazon, test grows seemed legitmate on their forum (at the time - bear in mind our postal strike) and so they seemed genuine. What do you suggest HSS - in terms of what bean holders should/could do? :-peace

Hi guys sorry I couldn't reply earlier been a chaotic day.

@HolySmoke

The other guys kinda hit the nail on the head with us being the ass end off the world so you gotta cut us some slack :) no hard feelings bud if I can truly understand that if that was done to me I would be just as upset and would also probably loose my cool. I also think these comments must stay as it will help others , maybe just edit out calling me an idiot :-hilarious but as for genetics you have opened my eyes on his gear and I am glad you did. This forum is to help people and it's up to the educated to help educate if you know what I mean.

How about some test beans as a peace offering :-puffin:-hilarious respect bud you living the legal dream that I am sure a lot of us would kill to do

Let's see what these beans do , HSS has certainly put a new perspective on the grow.

Cheers

Reaf

@

Green Leaf Organics

honest didnt aim that at u or even think to aim that at u in anY way ,,i dont know u at all bru to call u an idiot had no interaction with u eva so its clear to see wouldnt be aimed at you ...Was aimed at Jaws ,...hes a tit matE    

btw..soz that freaked u dudE,. 

Just seeing his name makes a lot of us cross ! see he came onto our forums where we share genetics and new strains so peeps in the community can see how they gro etc...test our new bits n wat for us........ BUT this guy JAWS took all the trusted breeder seeds given to grow out and just started selling our strains as his OWN .... loT a peeps hunting him because !,,!

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...